*FAKE* Silkworms Intro clip

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

My point is, how can anyone dislike Appetite here? It is Guns N' Roses's one unanimously heralded achievement.

I didn't say anyone disliked it, what I'm saying is that most people that love it can't get past anything sounding different then it. 

And that's why I gave the analogy to the pentatonic scale and the majority of the material not fitting into that "box" after. 

Edited by Order of Nine

8 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

The existence of which makes anything out of that "box" not Guns n Roses. 

Well, yeah. Cause Axl failed to prove his point. Chinese Democracy era will never be considered Guns N' Roses 'cause it was a failure. Had they released more music, maybe they'd reach respect. But thats not what happened. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, default_ said:

Well, yeah. Cause Axl failed to prove his point. Chinese Democracy era will never be considered Guns N' Roses 'cause it was a failure. Had they released more music, maybe they'd reach respect. But thats not what happened. 

Actually I think releasing more music under the old/new line up would not have helped with respect from the old fans. 

I wouldn't call it a failure because he and the band at the time did what they wanted to do against the will of what fans wanted and were just being themselves, creatively speaking.

Now there's an entire host of problems that have nothing to do with that which didn't help sales, the delay and industry changes were the next two huge factors. 

I could care less how much fans embraced it or not, just the fact that it was done shows alot of backbone and even if I hated the album I would have respect for the effort on that level. 

They knew the vast majority of fans were not going to get it. 

Edited by Order of Nine
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, tremolo said:

Funny thing is that most likely 99.9% of the material recorded after UYI has no vocals.

Really?  During the leaks before CD come out we had some but then quickly we had vocals.  Then CD was released WITH vocals... what non vocal things are you referring to?  My thing is if no vocals it is too easy to say its Guns, or not.

27 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Really?  During the leaks before CD come out we had some but then quickly we had vocals.  Then CD was released WITH vocals... what non vocal things are you referring to?  My thing is if no vocals it is too easy to say its Guns, or not.

While it's obviously fan made, just want to point out that this track in particular was supposedly fairly different and mostly instrumental according to both Classic Rock and Mick Wall when they got to hear the tracks years ago.

Even Axl said this during the chats afterwards;

Dexter wrote:

has a lot of guitars, lots of different drum the chorus is gone.

Which is important for some to keep in mind when people keep posting fan made studio versions using the Rio performance on forums and youtube.

Edited by AtariLegend

15 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

The existence of which makes anything out of that "box" not Guns n Roses. 

The loss of all the members except for Axl is what made people not think it is GNR

If Slash and everyone were still in the band and they came out of something like Silkworms it may not have been well recieved, but people still would have considered it GNR because the band members would have been the same, so therefore = same band

And on a side note, for me personally "out of the box" is welcomed, but it has to be good, like to me Silkworms is a complete hot mess of a song and sounds horrid - so for me songwriting quality comes above anything, even style or genre to me

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, WhazUp said:

The loss of all the members except for Axl is what made people not think it is GNR

If Slash and everyone were still in the band and they came out of something like Silkworms it may not have been well recieved, but people still would have considered it GNR because the band members would have been the same, so therefore = same band

And on a side note, for me personally "out of the box" is welcomed, but it has to be good, like to me Silkworms is a complete hot mess of a song and sounds horrid - so for me songwriting quality comes above anything, even style or genre to me

Agreed. And I don't think silkworms was album worthy. 

Songs like Shackler's, Riad, Scrapped, OMG, Silkworms seem to get the most hate. None of those songs are blues based/pentatonic rock riffs I always thought it was interesting that I didn't see anyone calling that out.

Yeah as long as slash and Duff are in the mix they can do pretty much anything and it will sell initially. I'm curious to see how much for Axls stuff will be used. I'd say if they do release something it will be at least half. 

14 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

I'm curious to see how much for Axls stuff will be used. I'd say if they do release something it will be at least half. 

the main problem here is,  that all that stuff was recorded mostly 20 years ago and people who originally recorded it, are gone for years (except Dizzy Reed, of course).

Even though I can understand some of the negative comments about this song (the RIR3 version probably didn't do it justice - I've heard that the NYE versions were much stronger) I've always found this the most intriguing GnR song and have no issues with musicians experimenting with their sound.

Edited by ToonGuns
spelling error
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

And I'm sure whomever had a hand in writing would receive credits.

indeed. but the problem is here, that the list of all involved people wouldn't fit on the standard insert sleeve which is usually in the CD jewel case.

and also wouldn't fit on a website that would try selling that online.

and nobody would ever finish reading that list in the known lifetime.

:D

Honestly, I doubt Axl will ever release more music! 

After more than 60% of his audience shit on Chinese Democracy he probably scrapped the rest of those sessions/songs and they're gonna be shelved/scrapped/thrown away forever. Of course there's always the producers and people that work with the band, and the trusted beggars and hangers who will have access to those songs and will be taunting the rest of the fans with it for the rest of their lives, or selling/trading those demo songs.

It's understandable that die hard fans would eat anything with Axl's voice, even a My World kind of track for some, but Honestly I think the rest of the cd sessions won't see the light of the day, and I don't even think that Axl himself feels secure enough to actually release those tracks, because they're probably not good enough and not much different from Chinese Democracy. Not only that but also the legal stuff that that would start...Having to pay royalties to Bumblefoot, Buckethead, Robin, Brain, Freese, etc... and having the Classic guys Duff and Slash having to share royalty checks with them... I don't think so! I don't think Slash or Duff would accept to contribute in songs that were already finished by other artists, or having artists taking a share of their talent and hype.

At this point I think it's more viable and possible that Axl, Slash and Duff will do a completely new album from scratch, but that idea is quite a big stretch as well! If they didn't agree with a direction back in the 90's when they were at their prime, they're probably not gonna agree now, and Axl seems to be waiting for an impossible kind of deal, it's like he's trying to make people thirsty for his music on purpose so he can get a bigger deal with more money, but after Chinese Democracy, I doubt anyone will fall for that.

Even a greatest hits cd with 1 or 2 new songs seems like a stretch at this point.

The best thing people have on their future for Guns N'Roses is another World Tour, after that they will probably retire. My opinion.

Edited by Propaganda

1 hour ago, Propaganda said:

Honestly, I doubt Axl will ever release more music! 

After more than 60% of his audience shit on Chinese Democracy he probably scrapped the rest of those sessions/songs and they're gonna be shelved/scrapped/thrown away forever. Of course there's always the producers and people that work with the band, and the trusted beggars and hangers who will have access to those songs and will be taunting the rest of the fans with it for the rest of their lives, or selling/trading those demo songs.

It's understandable that die hard fans would eat anything with Axl's voice, even a My World kind of track for some, but Honestly I think the rest of the cd sessions won't see the light of the day, and I don't even think that Axl himself feels secure enough to actually release those tracks, because they're probably not good enough and not much different from Chinese Democracy. Not only that but also the legal stuff that that would start...Having to pay royalties to Bumblefoot, Buckethead, Robin, Brain, Freese, etc... and having the Classic guys Duff and Slash having to share royalty checks with them... I don't think so! I don't think Slash or Duff would accept to contribute in songs that were already finished by other artists, or having artists taking a share of their talent and hype.

At this point I think it's more viable and possible that Axl, Slash and Duff will do a completely new album from scratch, but that idea is quite a big stretch as well! If they didn't agree with a direction back in the 90's when they were at their prime, they're probably not gonna agree now, and Axl seems to be waiting for an impossible kind of deal, it's like he's trying to make people thirsty for his music on purpose so he can get a bigger deal with more money, but after Chinese Democracy, I doubt anyone will fall for that.

Even a greatest hits cd with 1 or 2 new songs seems like a stretch at this point.

The best thing people have on their future for Guns N'Roses is another World Tour, after that they will probably retire. My opinion.

Name a mainstream rock band out now with more of a demand then Guns? And there is a huge demand for something new.

24 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

Name a mainstream rock band out now with more of a demand then Guns? And there is a huge demand for something new.

Van Halen! Led Zeppelin!

And no there's no demand... there's the demand for a tour. There's no demand for albums other than the 10% die hard fans that are still lurking in the forums.

28 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

3 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

Van Halen! Led Zeppelin!

And no there's no demand... there's the demand for a tour. There's no demand for albums other than the 10% die hard fans that are still lurking in the forums.

I think you misread the question. Led Zeppelin isn't "out now" is they don't exist currently. While I personally loved A Different Kind of Truth, there's no real demand for new Van Halen music. There is, however, a big demand for new Guns N' Roses music.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

Van Halen! Led Zeppelin!

I think Van Halen might have about 10% or less of the demand Guns does.

Without any promotion, endorsers, sponsors, almost 0% media participation and no new music they have reclaimed the rock world. 

This will never happen again seeing that Guns and the few bands like guns that are on that level are practically dinosaurs, it's a digital world now there won't be any rock bands of this magnitude again. 

• Like 1

I never really got why the musical direction was such a big deal. Okay, might have been that Axl hated everything Slash n Duff did because he was a big baby back then. But I think that changed.

But now I can imagine things being much more chill. If Axl wants to do more electronic stuff and Slash wants more classic hard rock, why not do both?

Make it a double album. Or one album with 7 songs in Axls direction and 7 songs in Slashs. But have Axl still involved in writing/creating the classical stuff and Slash n Duff involved in writing/creating the electronical stuff.

By the way, I actually think a double album would be much more well received and would make up for 10 years without music.

And seeing as we have the UYI's and CD was supposed to be a double album, I don't think it's that unlikely.

10 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I think you misread the question. Led Zeppelin isn't "out now" is they don't exist currently. While I personally loved A Different Kind of Truth, there's no real demand for new Van Halen music. There is, however, a big demand for new Guns N' Roses music.

You need to check Van Halen's facebook page and forums. There's a HUGE demand for a new album! As a matter of fact there's huge rumors of rehearsals for it at the moment.

As for Led Zeppelin, yes they're not active, but there's a huge request for a reunion tour and eventually an album. Robert Plant is the only one who's not interested and he's holding up the whole thing.

I don't see where there is a big demand for GNR music, other than people lurking at the forums that have been here forever.

40 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wait. So the only people who want new GN'R music are people lurking on forums but in order to gauge this "HUGE demand for a new album" from Van Halen, I have to visit their forums?

Yes @RussTCBas you said is very contradictory assertion.