Angry Anderson Rose Tattoo confirms Axl and Ac/DC are involved with a new album

Mark: You’re right people are listening to that great music again, listening to Rose Tattoo, AC/DC, Zeppelin, it’s all coming round again, kids are rediscovering great music.

Angry: Exactly, I was talking to Angus earlier last year when we were doing the encores and we were opening for Guns ‘n’ Roses but Angus and I were asked to do the encores and I said to him “What are you going to do?” and he said “Mate I’m writing a new album.” I thought “Cool” so I asked him who was in the band and he said “Axl.” Brian’s not there, Phil’s not there, Cliff’s not there, sadly Malcolm’s not there. And there are these people, and yes it’s sad that the original line-up aren’t there anymore but it’s the songs, people who have supported them all the way through their career they want to hear the songs. And in a sense we owe that to people, so really it’s a debt of gratitude and what we’re saying is you’ve stood by us, we’ll stand by you. So Angus, and let’s face it he doesn’t need the money, he acknowledges that there are still millions of people around the world that want to hear AC/DC songs played live. In the same way, though on a much lesser scale obviously there are plenty of people around the world who want to hear the songs that made Rose Tattoo famous. They want to hear those songs played live. And this is a line-up that can do that.

This was in reference to a conversation had over 1 year ago. In mid February Anderson and Angus took the stage with Guns in Sydney. Great to hear this.. but a lot can change in over a years time. Hopefully Axl has been resting his voice and is laying down the vocals as we speak before the summer gigs.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Awesome :)

terrible

17 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

This was in reference to a conversation had over 1 year ago. In mid February Anderson and Angus took the stage with Guns in Sydney. Great to hear this.. but a lot can change in over a years time. Hopefully Axl has been resting his voice and is laying down the vocals as we speak before the summer gigs.

this :)

• Like 2

Now the question is: Is Axl/DC blocking a new GNR album?

I think not. Axl only needs to go to the studio and lay vocals down, that would take maybe a week or two.

The rest ist Angus' thing, don't think Axl is involved in creating the lyrics/songs.

What will happen?

I guess Angus will go on tour with GNR. Yep, no Axl/DC tour. Been saying that for a long time. Angus needs a band, Axl has a band. And since Angus is getting older he wouldn't have to play for 2 or 3 hours straight. But of course I could be wrong.

If we get a new AC/DC and GNR album this or next year that will be one of the most amazing rock music years EVER.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

I think not. Axl only needs to go to the studio and lay vocals down, that would take maybe a week or two.

The rest ist Angus' thing, don't think Axl is involved in creating the lyrics/songs.

What will happen?

I guess Angus will go on tour with GNR. Yep, no Axl/DC tour. Been saying that for a long time. Angus needs a band, Axl has a band. And since Angus is getting older he wouldn't have to play for 2 or 3 hours straight. But of course I could be wrong.

If we get a new AC/DC and GNR album this or next year that will be one of the most amazing rock music years EVER.

The AC/DC line-up is almost complete. They only need to look for a new bassist. 

34 minutes ago, Sosso said:

The AC/DC line-up is almost complete. They only need to look for a new bassist. 

Yes IF Chris Slade and Stevie Young will still do it, I don't see any reason why not, but Chris Slade is getting old I don't know what his ambitions are and stuff.

17 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

Yes IF Chris Slade and Stevie Young will still do it, I don't see any reason why not, but Chris Slade is getting old I don't know what his ambitions are and stuff.

Smon Wright could do it as well and he is even younger than Angus.

Edited by Sosso

2 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

What will happen?

If all he needed was Axl’s vocals then he wouldn’t have joined up with gnr so many times. Axl is likely writing lyrics and every chance they got to meet up together on tour gave Axl and Angus a chance to put ideas together and see what melodies Axl has along with riffs Angus is planning. 

Remember they last met in New York when Angus didn’t perform. They are probably further along than most think on this project 

• Like 2

An Axl/DC album will do really fucking well.  Papa Axl seems a lot more motivated with AC/DC and contributing to them than with Guns, so I could easily see an Axl/DC album coming sometime this year, and if his motivation stays high, potentially at least a new GNR single.

I just want more GN'R related music so I'd love an Axl/DC album! 

Angus would most likely write both music and lyrics (based on the fact that the Brian haven't written a single AC/DC song that ended up on a album since since 1988) so Axl would just have to record the song and maybe write vocal melodies, nothing that would block a potential GN'R album anymore than a month or two timewise!

21 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

There hasn't been a new Guns N' Roses album in TEN YEARS, and you think we aren't getting it because of AC/DC? Jesus christ...

Some would say there hasn't been a new GNR record for over two decades now but even if we consider CD to be a Guns album, there are different requirements now. The possibility that Axl decided to do something with Duff and Slash isn't far-fetched IMO.

31 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I just want more GN'R related music so I'd love an Axl/DC album! 

Angus would most likely write both music and lyrics (based on the fact that the Brian haven't written a single AC/DC song that ended up on a album since since 1988) so Axl would just have to record the song and maybe write vocal melodies, nothing that would block a potential GN'R album anymore than a month or two timewise!

There’s no way in hell Angus is writing all the lyrics, or even most of em. Axl is an accomplished lyricists and based on their buddy buddy friendship they will be bouncing ideas off each other. I think this will be the most unique ACDC album released. 

I’m sure Axl has already brought Angus out to LA since the gnr tour ended. 

I just wonder if Axl is free from his label yet or if this is a conjoined effort. There’s probably some legal matters in Axl being the voice of an album on another label. 

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

There’s no way in hell Angus is writing all the lyrics, or even most of em. Axl is an accomplished lyricists and based on their buddy buddy friendship they will be bouncing ideas off each other. I think this will be the most unique ACDC album released. 

I’m sure Axl has already brought Angus out to LA since the gnr tour ended. 

I just wonder if Axl is free from his label yet or if this is a conjoined effort. There’s probably some legal matters in Axl being the voice of an album on another label. 

I dont think its a question of Axl being capable, I think its more like a question of Angus is AC/DC and he should do it, Axl is just a (undesired) guest. I cant really imagine Axl writting for AC/DC, honestly. 
Plus I dont think AC/DC fanbase'd be happy with Axl writting. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, default_ said:

I dont think its a question of Axl being capable, I think its more like a question of Angus is AC/DC and he should do it, Axl is just a (undesired) guest. I cant really imagine Axl writting for AC/DC, honestly. 
Plus I dont think AC/DC fanbase'd be happy with Axl writting. 

I don’t think Angus wanted to ever write lyrics I think he just didn’t have someone he trusted to write the lyrics. Axl has shown an appreciation and love for ACDC I think that genuine passion will give Angus confidence that Axl won’t do him wrong. 

Its going to be good. This will be one of the better combinations in we’ve seen. 

But yea no way Axl doesn’t pen atleast half this album