Angry Anderson Rose Tattoo confirms Axl and Ac/DC are involved with a new album

4 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

Now the question is: Is Axl/DC blocking a new GNR album?

I think not. Axl only needs to go to the studio and lay vocals down, that would take maybe a week or two.

The rest ist Angus' thing, don't think Axl is involved in creating the lyrics/songs.

What will happen?

I guess Angus will go on tour with GNR. Yep, no Axl/DC tour. Been saying that for a long time. Angus needs a band, Axl has a band. And since Angus is getting older he wouldn't have to play for 2 or 3 hours straight. But of course I could be wrong.

If we get a new AC/DC and GNR album this or next year that will be one of the most amazing rock music years EVER.

AC/DC have a history of knocking out albums really quick once they hit the studio, it's the actual writing process and pre-production that takes the time. 

As for AC/DC and GNR touring together. I can't see happening, maybe VERY , very select dates with both bands playing paired back sets, but Axl can't sing for 4/5/6 hours a night on tour, nobody can and keep their voice, especially singing in that register. Angus is not going to be slowing down, if he couldn't perform the AC/DC material the way he has in the past I don't think he'd be readying the ship for the next album/tour, he's still in god shape and can still boogie.

As for a GNR record, as of right now there's no indication of a new GNR record so there's nothing to hold up.

According to Angry Anderson:

- Angus had started writing a new album already about a year ago.

- Angus wants to continue touring the classics.

It's clear that the new album is just an excuse for Angus to continue touring the old songs. Nothing more. That has been the case with the last few AC/DC albums anyway, hasn't it?

He doesn't care about making a "statement" with the album or anything. The tour will be his statement. So I don't think he'll let Axl have input. He'll write the album by himself, have Axl sing on it, pick just a couple of songs from it for the setlist and then they'll go on tour.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

A new AC/DC album with Axl is a good thing. I clearly don't mind if GN'R is on hiatus. Bring it on.

4 hours ago, Mark1989 said:

Also Slade interview from last month 

"Are you working on new songs with AC / DC?
If I told you that, I would have to kill you. (Laughs)"

Slade isn't kidding. He will murder you if you let him the chance.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

It's clear that the new album is just an excuse for Angus to continue touring the old songs. Nothing more. That has been the case with the last few AC/DC albums anyway, hasn't it?

That's so true. Weren't there only 3 Rock or Bust songs played? 

Same for the Black Ice tour, right?

It's a shame really, would have loved "Sweet Candy" for the RoB tour. Love that song.

And Black Ice itself is a fcking amazing album, so many great songs on there.

I think Axl did the Brian songs WAAAY better than the Bon songs, sad that there wasn't really variety in the Brian songs. Axl would slay songs like Ballbreaker or Stiff Upper Lip.

The Brian stuff was way heavier, the Bon stuff more groovy.

Does anybody think Angus will adjust the songs he's writing for Axl? So that it will be a completely new AC/DC sound?

3 hours ago, default_ said:

I dont think its a question of Axl being capable, I think its more like a question of Angus is AC/DC and he should do it, Axl is just a (undesired) guest. I cant really imagine Axl writting for AC/DC, honestly. 
Plus I dont think AC/DC fanbase'd be happy with Axl writting. 

Agree absolutelly with you, for my like fan is sad news, i hope that not be true:max:

21 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

I think Axl did the Brian songs WAAAY better than the Bon songs, sad that there wasn't really variety in the Brian songs. Axl would slay songs like Ballbreaker or Stiff Upper Lip.

The Brian stuff was way heavier, the Bon stuff more groovy.

Personally I liked him more on the Bon songs (except for TNT). Maybe it's because I don't like the Brian era stuff.

22 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Does anybody think Angus will adjust the songs he's writing for Axl? So that it will be a completely new AC/DC sound?

I doubt it. Has he ever done that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

A new AC/DC album with Axl is a good thing. I clearly don't mind if GN'R is on hiatus. Bring it on.

Slade isn't kidding. He will murder you if you let him the chance.

Chris_Slade_And_Angus_Young.jpg

• Haha 2

An excuse to keep touring the classics is still new music from Angus Young and better yet (imo) new vocals from Axl Rose.

And if we're being really honest, I'm not sure AC/DC would need an excuse to keep touring the classics... who hears AC/DC is in town and thinks "I'd go if they released something new"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Was there any doubt these were the plans?

Personally I'm excited. An AC/DC album with Axl vocals is the most exciting rock album in at least a decade for me and I'd actually prefer that to Chinese II.

Yes, and I tell you why. As far as we know Brian Johnson was never fired. He took time off due to ear illness. Now it seems he is recovering. He hasn't said he is out of AC/DC. Besides there are no official news about a new AC/DC album in the making. And no news about the whole AC/DC line up. Brian Johnson is not the only one gone. As I said before I will only believe news coming directly from AC/DC regarding the band's future plans.

28 minutes ago, Padme said:

Yes, and I tell you why. As far as we know Brian Johnson was never fired. He took time off due to ear illness. Now it seems he is recovering. He hasn't said he is out of AC/DC. Besides there are no official news about a new AC/DC album in the making. And no news about the whole AC/DC line up. Brian Johnson is not the only one gone. As I said before I will only believe news coming directly from AC/DC regarding the band's future plans.

No official announcement has been made yet but Brian is definitely talking about ACDC in the past tense. 

"I feel sorry for [athletes], being 24, 25 and they have an injury and it ends their career. And it's an awful thing. But I'm lucky. I'm 68. ... And I've had a pretty good run. I've been in one of best bands in the world."

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-brian-johnson-talk-hearing-loss-ive-had-a-pretty-good-run-20160520

41 minutes ago, Tucknroll said:

I'd honestly rather have an axl/dc record than guns just because Angus will make it a straight up rock record. 2 guitars, bass and drums. That's all I want!

Exactly. Also, Axl seems to prefer being in AC/DC than GN'R and at this point in time I'd rather listen to him having fun, singing about shagging and rocking than hear another album of him whining on about anything and everything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RazorGunner said:

No official announcement has been made yet but Brian is definitely talking about ACDC in the past tense. 

"I feel sorry for [athletes], being 24, 25 and they have an injury and it ends their career. And it's an awful thing. But I'm lucky. I'm 68. ... And I've had a pretty good run. I've been in one of best bands in the world."

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-brian-johnson-talk-hearing-loss-ive-had-a-pretty-good-run-20160520

I remebember that. As you said no official announcement.

8 minutes ago, Padme said:

I remebember that. As you said no official announcement.

Doesn't make much sense to dilute an Album announcement by updating the lineup now. 

Would make good business sense and be media savvy to announce the new album and update the lineup simultaneously. 

Edited by RazorGunner

I can't say I'm not disappointed by this. Obviously as a GNR fan I'd prefer news that our boys were working on an album, which brings me to my main point. 

An AC/DC album with Axl on vocals is only a disappointment if it's actually stopping GNR from working on a new album. Do Slash and Duff even want to release a new album under the GNR name anyway? Or are they all on the same page that GNR is all about touring the hits and releasing new material is just going to be with all their side projects? That's how it's looking from the outside, which is only a guess seeing as though nobody from this band ever speaks about anything anymore. 

The only reason I would have my knickers in a knot over a new AC/DC album with Axl being on it, is if Slash and Duff were extremely eager to go to work on a new GNR album and this was holding it up or stopping it completely. And we don't know if that's the case at all???? 

Sadly, I think it's option 1. I don't think a new GNR album is a priority for any of them, otherwise stuff like this being leaked would be about our band, not AC/DC. 

It is what it is unfortunately. We will get the euro tour this year and nothing else. No izzy, no Steven, no album. If your lucky, you might get a slight change in the set list and a few new ads with Fernando spruking that this year is going to be better than the last and a couple more lithos to hang on your walls boys and girls. 

End rant. 😂

Edited by Tadsy

1 hour ago, Tucknroll said:

I'd honestly rather have an axl/dc record than guns just because Angus will make it a straight up rock record. 2 guitars, bass and drums. That's all I want!

Don't you think that is EXACTLY what Slash & Duff would like to do?  That's all they have EVER wanted to do!  It was Axl that wanted to - and did- change the bands musical direction.  If Axl can put out a straight up rock record with Angus, why can't he just do that with Slash and Duff?  They are vastly superior players to Angus and whomever he has in the band right now. A straight up GN'R record would blow away an Axl/DC record....

31 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

Doesn't make much sense to dilute an Album announcement by updating the lineup now. 

Would make good business sense and be media savvy to announce the new album and update the lineup simultaneously. 

Nobody has done anything, simultaneously or otherwise. As of today we have nothing except another thread with the same old speculation

Ax should stop thinking about control and focus on singing.

He can do AC/DC as long as he wants, let Slash/Duff design the band they want (Izzy/Gilby, Matt - ditch MRF) and the door would be opened for another masterpiece 25 years after UYI's.

He could finish AC/DC write the lyrics to GNR and go tour.

Milk both cows equally.

8 minutes ago, Padme said:

Nobody has done anything, simultaneously or otherwise. As of today we have nothing except another thread with the same old speculation

Wasn't really attempting to convince you nor anyone of anything. 

Just stating what made good sense media wise in terms of promotion.