Angry Anderson Rose Tattoo confirms Axl and Ac/DC are involved with a new album

18 minutes ago, Bluefish18 said:

Don't you think that is EXACTLY what Slash & Duff would like to do?  That's all they have EVER wanted to do!  It was Axl that wanted to - and did- change the bands musical direction.  If Axl can put out a straight up rock record with Angus, why can't he just do that with Slash and Duff?  They are vastly superior players to Angus and whomever he has in the band right now. A straight up GN'R record would blow away an Axl/DC record....

Sheer speculation on several levels. 

Angus didn't become a legend for lack of skills or stage presence. 

13 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

Axe sollte aufhören, über Kontrolle nachzudenken und sich auf das Singen konzentrieren.

Er kann so lange AC / DC machen, wie er will, Slash / Duff designt die Band, die sie wollen (Izzy / Gilby, Matt - ditch MRF) und die Tür würde 25 Jahre nach UYI für ein weiteres Meisterwerk geöffnet werden.

Er könnte AC / DC fertigstellen, den Text zu GNR schreiben und auf Tour gehen.

Beide Kühe gleichmäßig melken.

I think it's not a bad idea

9 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

Wasn't really attempting to convince you nor anyone of anything. 

Just stating what made good sense media wise in terms of promotion. 

I'm not rulling anything out. But I need a lot more than an outsider (Anderson) confirming anything. Let me put it this way. Tomorrow Baz says in an interview that Axl and Izzy are working in a new GN'R album. Well I believe it when I see it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

I'm not rulling anything out. But I need a lot more than an outsider (Anderson) confirming anything. Let me put it this way. Tomorrow Baz says in an interview that Axl and Izzy are working in a new GN'R album. Well I believe it when I see it

Time will tell 

4 minutes ago, sabian11 said:

Wrong! There hasn't been a new GNR record for TWENTY YEARS Jesus Christ haha!

25 years, really. Then again, TSI is just a covers album, so one could actually make the argument that it's been 27 years since the last "real" GNR studio albums (those being UYI1 and UYI2).

AA has no reason to make up some bs, he is a decades long friend of Angus. Just like the GNR reunion situation 2015, no smoke without a fire. Personally I've always thought Axl would do ACDC first while Slash does his now already 2 years-postponed overdue SMKC record. And you gotta smoke crack to think Angus is writing lyrics for Axl Rose.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Anderson not is a guy to tell he secrets😃

3 hours ago, Padme said:

Yes, and I tell you why. As far as we know Brian Johnson was never fired. He took time off due to ear illness. Now it seems he is recovering. He hasn't said he is out of AC/DC. Besides there are no official news about a new AC/DC album in the making. And no news about the whole AC/DC line up. Brian Johnson is not the only one gone. As I said before I will only believe news coming directly from AC/DC regarding the band's future plans.

Like others said it’s pretty clear Brian uses past tense to describe AC/DC. Plus he’s not 100% recovered and at his age a tour of that magnitude while partially death isn’t smart. 

Theres about as much proof for either but I’d give the edge to Axl as it seems he’s an official member of the band as of now.

9 hours ago, GNRmello77 said:

It will be more Angus and Friends like this, actually Angus is pulling an Axl Rose here :P entire new line-up, new album but still keeping the band name ;)

"pulling an Axl Rose"?

in order to get anywhere close to "pulling an Axl Rose", Angus would have to...

#1 believe that he is AC/DC

#2 make all the members of the band feel truly horrible about being in a band with him -- so much so that all the members end up leaving the band one by one

#3 completely change his style of playing to the point of being unrecognisable AND awful

#4 get obsessed with horrible new acts that write and play horrible "modern" and "contemporary" music

#5 hire new members for the band that can't write a good song to save their lives

#6 sit on his ass for years and years (and some more years and please add a bit more years to that)

#7 spend zillions of dollars in studio time and not even making to rehearsals

there is more needed to "pull an axl" but i am really tired right now and i am pretty sure angus -- or anyone in the planet really -- would never get to even half of the nonsense level that takes to "pull an axl rose"

Just now, ludurigan said:

"pulling an Axl Rose"?

#2 make all the members of the band feel truly horrible about being in a band with him -- so much so that all the members end up leaving the band one by one

#3 completely change his style of playing to the point of being unrecognisable AND awful

#4 get obsessed with horrible new acts that write and play horrible "modern" and "contemporary" music

#5 hire new members for the band that can't write a good song to save their lives

#6 sit on his ass for years and years (and some more years and please add a bit more years to that)

there is more needed to "pull an axl" but i am really tired right now and i am pretty sure angus -- or anyone in the planet really -- would never get to even half of the nonsense level that takes to "pull an axl rose"

Do you need to do this to every thread? Was this necessary here? Shit dude :facepalm:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

Exactly. Also, Axl seems to prefer being in AC/DC than GN'R and at this point in time I'd rather listen to him having fun, singing about shagging and rocking than hear another album of him whining on about anything and everything.

There is no way Axl prefers AC/DC over GNR. What kind of fantasy land are you living in? Truly not trying to troll here it just honestly blows my mind why anyone would be excited about AXL/DC over new GNR music with Slash.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

There’s no way in hell Angus is writing all the lyrics, or even most of em. Axl is an accomplished lyricists and based on their buddy buddy friendship they will be bouncing ideas off each other. I think this will be the most unique ACDC album released. 

I’m sure Axl has already brought Angus out to LA since the gnr tour ended. 

I just wonder if Axl is free from his label yet or if this is a conjoined effort. There’s probably some legal matters in Axl being the voice of an album on another label. 

Did it stop him being a voice on Seb's album in 2007? 

47 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

"pulling an Axl Rose"?

Thank you for your statement, but I was only joking dude.. No need to point out the Axl route since the late 90's. Also there is something called overexaggarating 

31 minutes ago, sabian11 said:

There is no way Axl prefers AC/DC over GNR. What kind of fantasy land are you living in? Truly not trying to troll here it just honestly blows my mind why anyone would be excited about AXL/DC over new GNR music with Slash.  

Because some GNR fans are into RnR/Hard Rock, which AC/DC delivers in every album while GNR has TWO KEYBOARDS and the worst drummer the universe has ever witnessed.

If we were talking about AFD5, it would be a different situation but with THIS GNR, I rather get new SMKC and "AC/DC" albums, no doubt.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1