Angry Anderson Rose Tattoo confirms Axl and Ac/DC are involved with a new album

6 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

A new AC/DC album with Axl is a good thing. I clearly don't mind if GN'R is on hiatus. Bring it on.

Slade isn't kidding. He will murder you if you let him the chance.

Also YES! It's like anything you ain't done in forever, get back in the swing of things, you're way more likely to get back in the habit and groove....
Think of it as possibly, AXL/DC being the best possible warm up for Axl to get back into recording, not only will he be expected to sing rock and roll

raspy vocals, he'll be in a team operation...
In an ideal world it really could pave a great situation for Guns to record not too long after, as the creative juices ramp back up...
Think about it, it's always was gonna be difficult Axl Slash and Duff getting back in the studio...this, IMO would oil the wheels a bit...

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

I would rather Axl get out all of his pent up hard rock talent and aggression towards a kick ass hard rocking Gn'R album.. If he gets it all out of his system with AC/DC all that might be left in the tank is weird shit like This I Love...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, sabian11 said:

There is no way Axl prefers AC/DC over GNR. What kind of fantasy land are you living in? Truly not trying to troll here it just honestly blows my mind why anyone would be excited about AXL/DC over new GNR music with Slash.  

It's actually pretty obvious, at least to me, that he does prefer AC/DC to GNR... he seems to really enjoy AC/DC and working with Angus, whereas GNR just seems like his job at this point. He probably hates some GNR songs by now really, he's been singing the same ones for almost 30 years :lol: you can tell he doesn't care for SCOM or NR or whatever.

As far as new music, I'd honestly prefer Axl/DC. A new album from GNR will most likely be, at least partially, re-re-re-re-recorded CD-era songs, with 15-20 year old vocals, and I'd rather just hear him rock out with Angus.

6 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

A new AC/DC album with Axl is a good thing. I clearly don't mind if GN'R is on hiatus. Bring it on.

Slade isn't kidding. He will murder you if you let him the chance.

I thought it was Phil Rudd that was into that kinda stuff? :lol:

5 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Personally I'm excited. An AC/DC album with Axl vocals is the most exciting rock album in at least a decade for me and I'd actually prefer that to Chinese II.

CD II > Axl/DC > NITL album

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Good point, however I wonder if guest appearances versus full blown lead singer will make a difference? 

As long as Axl isn't singing on a GNR album that comes out on ANOTHER label, don't think they can control who he gives his voice to for stuff otherwise

under a different name with different players...
Besides, all he'd have to do to appease is promise Geffen a new GNR record with Slash and Duff "soon"....

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Haha 1

good news if true. a guns album will probably take years to be released if it ever sees the light of day. will be good to hear axl wail on new studio material. I hope the ac/dc thing happens in 2019 along with a new slash album in 2020 maybe.

4 hours ago, GNRmello77 said:

Thank you for your statement, but I was only joking dude.. No need to point out the Axl route since the late 90's. Also there is something called overexaggarating 

yeah sure axl has never even remotely got close to doing any of those things, its all fake news, its all overexxaggerrattinggg! :rofl-lol:

8 hours ago, RazorGunner said:

No official announcement has been made yet but Brian is definitely talking about ACDC in the past tense. 

"I feel sorry for [athletes], being 24, 25 and they have an injury and it ends their career. And it's an awful thing. But I'm lucky. I'm 68. ... And I've had a pretty good run. I've been in one of best bands in the world."

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-brian-johnson-talk-hearing-loss-ive-had-a-pretty-good-run-20160520

As per Angry Anderson's comment:

So I asked him who was in the band and he said “Axl.” Brian’s not there, Phil’s not there, Cliff’s not there, sadly Malcolm’s not there. And there are these people, and yes it’s sad that the original line-up aren’t there anymore but it’s the songs, people who have supported them all the way through their career they want to hear the songs.

7 hours ago, Sosso said:

I have no idea why Anderson shouldn't be considered as a reliable source. He knows the guys in the band since the 70's...

This and,

6 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

AA has no reason to make up some bs, he is a decades long friend of Angus. Just like the GNR reunion situation 2015, no smoke without a fire. Personally I've always thought Axl would do ACDC first while Slash does his now already 2 years-postponed overdue SMKC record. And you gotta smoke crack to think Angus is writing lyrics for Axl Rose.

This.

Angry Anderson and Angus go way back, and really, the Australian (pub) rock circuit was a close-knit community. Plus, Anderson isn't one to talk shit - he has always been a pretty straight shooter in what he has to say. Anyone who thinks Anderson is unreliable simply do not know what they are talking about.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's actually pretty obvious, at least to me, that he does prefer AC/DC to GNR... he seems to really enjoy AC/DC and working with Angus, whereas GNR just seems like his job at this point. He probably hates some GNR songs by now really, he's been singing the same ones for almost 30 years :lol: you can tell he doesn't care for SCOM or NR or whatever.

exactly

not only he doesnt care, but he is also singing those songs like shit with his horrible clean voice

(that, now, we all know now he doesnt need to sing with -- just check his singing on ac/dc)

not only that but he is still playing with GNA -- a fake version of GNR with horrible session musicians that destroy the songs

and to make it all worse GNA plays most of the songs in an horrible tempo

its impossible to watch that nonsense

i have no idea how people can watch that and much less PAY A LOT to see that

there is absolutely no reason for Axl to sing GNR songs like shit with GNA ever again

the only reason for axl to ever sing those songs again is if GNR ever reunites

now THAT would be something

Belive what you want but I will tell you how it is because this is first hand info.

I ran into Brian Johnson in LA last week, of course he was kind enough to take pics and sign autographs...

Beinf superfriendly, we got into an lengthy chat and this is what he told me.

Me: So you guys are making new record?

Brian: You must have gotten that from inernet, just like I did. We are definately, 100% NOT making new record, I have no idea where they get those rumours.

I can tell you, I belive him 100%, it wasn't one of those 'let's get him on the wrong way' type. He was VERY convincing and surprised.

Me: What do you think of semireunited GNR?

Brian: Nothing at all. I don't think anything.

My guess, maybe they are making record with Ax, but Brian sure as hell is not involved.

Also, all this 'he is not recovered'...Brian is SUPER well. In great spirits and doesn't seem as if there was anything wrong with him indeed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Because some GNR fans are into RnR/Hard Rock, which AC/DC delivers in every album while GNR has TWO KEYBOARDS and the worst drummer the universe has ever witnessed.

If we were talking about AFD5, it would be a different situation but with THIS GNR, I rather get new SMKC and "AC/DC" albums, no doubt.

That makes perfect sense. But we still have the reunion tour going. They will tour Europe (yet again :rolleyes:) in a few months. Is this the end of GN'R? We don't know. Besides we are looking at things from our perspective. What about AC/DC fans? Do they want Axl/DC? They deal with the situation because Axl was a mere replacement for just a handfull of shows.

And why is Axl willing to make a hard rock album with AC/DC but not with his own band?

4 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Or...

CONSPIRACY THEORY: Axl is joining AC/DC and...bringing Ashba, Pitman etc with him. lololol would be worth it just for the reaction of the AC/DC fans.

Axl joins AC/DC fulltime, other bandmembers added: DJ Ashba on rhythm guitar, Pitman for subbass whatever bullshit they call it, Tommy Stinson on bass and Frank Ferrer on drums

Myles replaces Axl as singer for GNR, who continue to tour with Duff and Slash, but also add Steven on drums and Izzy as a third guitar player (doesnt matter since his amp is always turned down/off anyway).

This would be the most realistic line-up

Angus - 62

Stevie - 61

Axl - 56

Mark - 62

Simon - 54

This line-up could release one or two album since none of the musicians is over 70 years old right now

Edited by Sosso

3 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

Belive what you want but I will tell you how it is because this is first hand info.

I ran into Brian Johnson in LA last week, of course he was kind enough to take pics and sign autographs...

Brian: You must have gotten that from inernet, just like I did. We are definately, 100% NOT making new record, I have no idea where they get those rumours.

I can tell you, I belive him 100%, it wasn't one of those 'let's get him on the wrong way' type. He was VERY convincing and surprised.

My guess, maybe they are making record with Ax, but Brian sure as hell is not involved.

Also, all this 'he is not recovered'...Brian is SUPER well. In great spirits and doesn't seem as if there was anything wrong with him indeed.

So, according to your encounter with Brian and he said "we", he is still in AC/DC? In past articles he refers the band in the past

51 minutes ago, Padme said:

Und warum ist Axl bereit, ein Hardrock-Album mit AC / DC zu machen, aber nicht mit seiner eigenen Band?

That's a good question. Hm .. I think because Axl Band members do something own

19 hours ago, default_ said:

I dont think its a question of Axl being capable, I think its more like a question of Angus is AC/DC and he should do it, Axl is just a (undesired) guest. I cant really imagine Axl writting for AC/DC, honestly. 
Plus I dont think AC/DC fanbase'd be happy with Axl writting. 

Before Brian left the band nobody could imagine that Axl would sing in AC∕DC at all. Personally I found it hard to imagine even when it was announced that Axl would fill in for Brian.

But now things are very different. 

And neither Angus or Axl cares too much about AC∕DC`s hardcore fan base. We are only a very small part of the album buyers and concert goers.

Edited by shocker

4 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

Yeah they are, he’s just out of the band! No opinion on GnR reunion? Obviously isn’t 100% content with axl taking his spot, which obviously he isn’t expected to be. 

4 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

Brian has nothing to do with ACDC in any capacity anymore. He left, he's gone. If you asked him 1 year before ROB he wouldn't even have known then if Angus was writing a new record for ACDC or not as he only finds out when Angus asked him to come to the studio. Angus and Brian didn't talk out of ACDC. Brian is 100 percent out of ACDC and is happy with that 

1 hour ago, LovelessNL said:

'yet again'? They only had one run here, which was highly succesful, sold boatloads of tickets within 24 hrs. They had, what? 3 runs in the US? Coachella/Vegas - Stadiums - Arena's?

So your 'yet again' is really a poor attempt at trolling.

This second European tour will make sense if they add something new or different. What are the odds? I'm not interesting in a copy/paste tour in Europe or elsewhere. I wish they could spend that time making a new album

Edited by Padme