"If only Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin were there as well", says MANIC STREET PREACHERS' NICKY WIRE

48 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I have never heard of him or his band but he sounds like a big fan.. I'm gonna check out that "It's So Easy" cover because of it.

@Tom-Assi remember that aformer member this band disappear in years 90 and never appear, not remember if was the singer,but i remember they was great fans of Guns.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

You could have stopped at unreliable drunk/junkie, that's reason enough to not have your career, your tour and your money relying on him. But it's not yours so you don't care. 

I agree...But you know..It's so easy to say what other people should do when we have no responsibilities.. when is not our money, our career..when is not our life.

The internet is generous, everything seems easier on it. We have solutions for everything. :lol:

27 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

It is indeed, you can hide behind a keyboard and trash a guy everyday, laugh at his diseases, argue about his health without knowing shit.

On the other hand, I'm fairly sure the internet is not responsable for GNR's current lack of groove or for the fact that Axl sings better in his other band. Oh wait, what am I saying? That was the internet falut's indeed, it was YouTube that erases the rasp, right? Sorry, my bad. :D

So far I have not seen anyone laughing at Adler's diseases. And what people have been arguing about their absence on this tour is something as palpable as the difference between Axl's voice in AC/DC and GNR. Yeah, Axl sings waaayyy better with AC/DC and yes Adler’s diseases it’s responsible for his inconsistent career..As Youtube vídeos for Axl voice, we have Adler’s last 28 years of failure tours and rehab to prove that. And it’s not trash the guy, it’s a fact as that Axl’s voice thing. So I pretty much understand why they don’t want deal with him..And again, it’s their lives,their decisions..But hey, we have the option to not buy tickets..no one is forcing us to support them, so...

3 minutes ago, Derick said:

So far I have not seen anyone laughing at Adler's diseases. And what people have been arguing about their absence on this tour is something as palpable as the difference between Axl's voice in AC/DC and GNR. Yeah, Axl sings waaayyy better with AC/DC and yes Adler’s diseases it’s responsible for his inconsistent career..As Youtube vídeos for Axl voice, we have Adler’s last 28 years of failure tours and rehab to prove that. And it’s not trash the guy, it’s a fact as that Axl’s voice thing. So I pretty much understand why they don’t want deal with him..And again, it’s their lives,their decisions..But hey, we have the option to not buy tickets..no one is forcing us to support them, so...

So far I have not seen anyone telling the band what to do so the whole "it's their life" thing is kinda strange. Personally, I know that, I think they have the right to do whatever the fuck they want. Then in MY OPINION they can be doing a lot of things terribly (setlist, lack of new music, lack of certain original members, lack of decent replacements at least, ridiculous lack of communication, two more keyboard players than needed...) but that's just that, my opinion and they have theirs and that's fine.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

So far I have not seen anyone telling the band what to do so the whole "it's their life" thing is kinda strange. Personally, I know that, I think they have the right to do whatever the fuck they want. Then in MY OPINION they can be doing a lot of things terribly (setlist, lack of new music, lack of certain original members, lack of decent replacements at least, ridiculous lack of communication, two more keyboard players than needed...) but that's just that, my opinion and they have theirs and that's fine.

Of course..That “opinion” thing again..

People over here don’t tell the band what to do(bc ppl can’t), people say what they “should!”do. But I’m pretty sure that you understand me.

Anyway, in my OPINION you have many reasons to stay away from this band man..For almost 28 years they are no longer what you want. I mean, is not that enough time to move on? In my OPINION they need to do what they want, they need to play with the people that they want to..and If I like it, I'll buy it, if not, I'll look for what I like..as my OPINION, is my money, my time. In my OPINION It’s about art and I can’t keep around something that don’t pleases me..just my OPINION.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derick said:

Of course..That “opinion” thing again..

People over here don’t tell the band what to do(bc ppl can’t), people say what they “should!”do. But I’m pretty sure that you understand me.

Anyway, in my OPINION you have many reasons to stay away from this band man..For almost 28 years they are no longer what you want. I mean, is not that enough time to move on? In my OPINION they need to do what they want, they need to play with the people that they want to..and If I like it, I'll buy it, if not, I'll look for what I like..as my OPINION, is my money, my time. In my OPINION It’s about art and I can’t keep around something that don’t pleases me..just my OPINION.

theres not much art in the mechanized NITL version of gnr so you're pretty much reaching there 

many of the fans who knew the classic band are hopeful for some of that groove back which is the current elephant in the room on NITL 

they only sold out because of how long axl and slash were separated thats probably 95% of it  

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

8 hours ago, Derick said:

I agree...But you know..It's so easy to say what other people should do when we have no responsibilities.. when is not our money, our career..when is not our life.

The internet is generous, everything seems easier on it. We have solutions for everything. :lol:

Yes,agreed in the age Internet we all are EINSTEIN'S:lol:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ratam said:

@Tom-Assi remember that aformer member this band disappear in years 90 and never appear, not remember if was the singer,but i remember they was great fans of Guns.

It was the guitarist Richey Edwards, he disappeared in 1995 and they never found his body... there have been sightings of him since then around the world, I think he's been officially presumed dead in 2008, but who knows? He was a very troubled soul, though.

Anyway, I like the Manics... good songs, and a great singer and guitarist in that band.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

It is indeed, you can hide behind a keyboard and trash a guy everyday, laugh at his diseases, argue about his health without knowing shit.

On the other hand, I'm fairly sure the internet is not responsable for GNR's current lack of groove or for the fact that Axl sings better in his other band. Oh wait, what am I saying? That was the internet falut's indeed, it was YouTube that erases the rasp, right? Sorry, my bad. :D

I know this - the guy was thrown out of the band for being a junkie, he spent 25 years proving that point over and over again, he was given an opportunity by Duff to take part in a much smaller tour 5 years ago and he couldn't keep it together during that, and, ultimately, the people in charge of this decided that they couldn't trust him. 

And at the end of the day, the vast majority don't care about Adler, don't notice this "lack of swing", and the tour has been very successful and very well received even with your personal complaints about it.

4 hours ago, EvanG said:

It was the guitarist Richey Edwards, he disappeared in 1995 and they never found his body... there have been sightings of him since then around the world, I think he's been officially presumed dead in 2008, but who knows? He was a very troubled soul, though.

Anyway, I like the Manics... good songs, and a great singer and guitarist in that band.

Thanks @EvanGi not sure if was singer or other member, they was a band enough famous in years  90 in UK

• Like 1

Sorry if this is out of place but it does relate to upcoming euro tour, just my dream, but it would be nice if axl could start off playing ‘its alright ‘ before NR, then rest of band kicks in and finishes the cover, love that song only because axl put it out with its own track on the live era, he threw us fans a bone when he knew nothing would be coming out for a long while,’95? till 2008, and I love him for it, also would love to hear band and axl cover ‘love hurts’ By Nazareth or ‘starlight? /lovin time’ after all this dudes voice was what helped shape axl’s voice, said by the man many times

Really looking forward to seeing them. Manics have lots of great tunes and are more to my liking than some of the openers that have featured throughout.

Can't stand that 'It's So Easy' cover though.

Edited by Dean