Richard Fortus "improvisation"

2 hours ago, Pmina3 said:

What is this? New Music? It's my impression or you can listen the Axl's voice and the Melissa one? or are just my ears that hear what they want to hear?

https://www.facebook.com/sley.mars.5/videos/726745184182473/?t=19

Video got deleted, did you hear Axl voice over something you didnt recognize? 

Weird. 

So it was shared on IG by Chris Constantinou, 

Who basically tagged it with anything he could think off apparently. He's currently doing bass and vocals for The Mutants, which revolves around him and "an all-star cast of guest musicians" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mutants_(UK_band)). So my guess would be that Fortus is doing something with them

Edited by LovelessNL
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

But thats not Richard's page? Its just some fanmade page apparently. So what/who is the source of the video? Instagram? Twitter?

Is this the vid you mean?

Cool, if this is really a new GNR song I like what I hear so far, groovy. Backing vocals sounds like Melissa to me, but I dont think Fortus would lead like this... 

Edited by default_

I think my ears are playing tricks on me too; sounds like current Axl.  Sounds like a full on pop song though?  I like it, its fun.  But its really pop-y.

Also, the bass line doesnt scream Duffs name, to my ears.  And Constantinou is a bassist. :shrugs:

And while I cold see Fortus taking some solos on an album, as previously mentioned, I dont think it would be blues rock ones like this since thats Slashs style.  Not sure if he's using a wah or phase?  But wah + blues rock solo by Fortus instead of Slash would just be madness!

The drums arent very good, so this could be a legit recording by current line up :lol:

fwiw his Constaninous web site says he'll have exciting news coming soon.  Obviously that could mean anything.

https://chrisconstantinou.com/2018/03/19/cc-on-dandys-lou-weed-in-nyc/

Honestly, before listening I thought "Yeaaah sure, Axl on vocals on what sounds like a new GNR song"...

But holy shit. That TOTALLY sounds like Axls deep voice and the female singer sounds like Melissa.

And that song sounds fucking amazing, very modern but it has a really cool and groovy old school vibe to it. I love it. EDIT: Kinda like a mix of Axls vision (more electronic or pop) and Slashs vision (old school rock)

So what about the lyrics? I can hear something like "They say I'm not strong" and then "WEAK WEAK WEAK WEAK" and Melissa, if it's her also going "You're not strong"...to me sounds like something a 2016/17 Axl would write about. 

Edited by TheGeneral

I did some instagram diggin' and to me it seems Fortus is recording with a band called The Mutants. Does anyone know them? The guy who posted the video is in that band which is currently recording at Mission Sound Studios in New York. Fortus has been linked to a couple of pics from there over the last few weeks. 

• Like 4

Heres a Mutants track that has a similar low voice and women's voice call and return theme.  Theres not a lot of singing, but in the male choir there seems to be a voice with a similar timbre to this clip and Axl.  Im still staying a bit excited and hopeful though.

I don't want to sound like a downer, but it should be pretty obvious this is for The Mutants or another side project. Slash is doing his shit with SMKC and Axl is doing his shit with Angus. It makes sense that other band members will be doing their own things as well in between. Song sounds cool though.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 4