Confirmed new album slash feat mk and the conspirators

4 minutes ago, sabian11 said:

Thumbs Fuckin Down! 

Yup, end of story. Funny how they managed to make me lose all the sentiment I ever had for them by making a reunion. Last thing I ever expected. Life is full of surprises.

• Like 2

I wonder if slash is doing the album as a final album to fulfill record company contracutal obligations or if theres going to be more skmc or gnr will be the priority after this album. If so will be interesting to see what happens after the tour. Slash normally tours for 18 months but i reckon 1 year tops. There will be a gnr album and im thinking 2020....under the guise of "unfinished business".

1 hour ago, starlight said:

GNR is a side project now. This proves they only reunited for the cash. well I'll take whatever both Axl and Slash want to do with their respective bands.

The certain thing is that we will never have a new GNR album.

I dont agree with that at all brother -Slash has already written the new SMKC record before the reunion -AXL chose to do ACDC instead  of GNR , at least I hope he does something -SLASH will not continue to sit around , he makes and plays Music , that  is what he is wired  to do in his dna , SMKC WILL BE  KILLER - I hope ACDC WITH AXL HAPPENS - GNR will reunite and record a album in 2019 it has been the plan all along -hate to tell I told u so but read some of my back threads I said this a year ago !!! day 1 fan of gnr sometimes u can read into what they are doing - IF AX  does or don't  decide to  do acdc. but it has been confirmed too by ANGRY ANDERSON  that he will , I am happy for him , tour with ACDC -SLASH WITH SMKC and then get the long awaited GNR ALBUM , IT IS GONNA HAPPEN , GREAT TIME TO BE A GNR FAN MAN!! GNR make epic songs -AXL AND SLASH make 7 minute songs , ACDC rockers all about 3 to 4 minutes , both great bands - gonna be a cool  2 to 3 years man - I hope AXL does ACDC , he will do GNR too , acdc last album will feature AXL ROSE , I will go  to that shit 4 sure and I KNOW I WILL GO SEE SLASH AND SMKC - HELL YES

Edited by TMAC20
  • Like 1

Not exactly shocking, and at least we know for sure now, but it kinda sucks all the same. I'm sure it'll be good and I probably will be checking it out because I'm a huge Slash fan, but I am so unapologetically biased to Guns N' Roses that I wish members of the band itself were also. Beggars can't be choosers I guess. Good for Slash.

Edit: At this point, would it be asinine to still hope for new GN'R music? Because even with this news, and surely the news forthcoming of Axl working with Angus, I am STILL holding out hope. 

Edited by GNRfanJen

21 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

What does that mean?! Google translate says "I kiss her." LOL

The crushing burden of the strict and sacred law of the elves is lifted for you to swear in Italian and the best you can do is "I kiss her."

My god...you've just reached a whole new level of elf. It's elf-ception!

:P

google translator is drunk! it literally means: "his dead relatives"...  but i in a figurative way, it's a sort of "f.ck you",  said in a funny way (it is used in Rome)

Edited by Italian girl
  • Like 1

I don't understand where the dissapointment came from.

This line up can not make a new record - period.

Ax always needs that extra push that Duff n Slash obviously don't have the energy to deal with. As Canter said, Izzy was that N in GNR and he is not there because they were cheap about playing old songs for 1000th time. Izzy was that key factor creativly and on personal level. Furthermore, more everything we know over the years, they also don't give a flying fuck about Rich/Mel/Frank. With their buddies missing to give them more feel of the power (Matt/Gilbs/Steve), it is obvious  they don't give much damn about making new record.

I just hope they release a instrumental bonus disc for it. I love the band, I like the instrumentals for most of their released songs but Myles Kennedy... no please god no.

As for the album, we knew this was going to happen so no surprises here and if theres any plans for GNR, at least this is an album that is probably not going to take more than two or three months to be recorded as it is on the works for two or three years now. Dont think its going to be on GNRs way if theres a way at all. Theres a slightly chance they arent going to tour this, just some sporadic gigs here and there.

10 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

I don't understand where the dissapointment came from.

This line up can not make a new record - period.

Ax always needs that extra push that Duff n Slash obviously don't have the energy to deal with. As Canter said, Izzy was that N in GNR and he is not there because they were cheap about playing old songs for 1000th time. Izzy was that key factor creativly and on personal level. Furthermore, more everything we know over the years, they also don't give a flying fuck about Rich/Mel/Frank. With their buddies missing to give them more feel of the power (Matt/Gilbs/Steve), it is obvious  they don't give much damn about making new record.

I don't think it's got anything to do with that. Axl just got the opportunity to cement himself in history with an ACDC album sung by him and lead singer of 2 of the biggest rock bands in history now. This is infinitely bigger than new music by GNR. That would obviously be a priority for him since ACDC is also one of his favourite bands and Angus one of his heroes. Slash and Duff are not going anywhere now and he can make a GNR album later. Not to mention Slash has been postponing his album for almost exactly 2 years now. It just makes sense.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2