Confirmed new album slash feat mk and the conspirators

3 hours ago, The Dissident said:

I completely agree with you, I hope we hear Todd take lead vocals on a song or two on the album.

Todd and Myles harmonize great together, in my opinion.  Myles voice rarely bothers me, only sometimes when he sings in a really high register.  I do miss Axl (in his prime, not the current version) on the GNR songs, but the Conspirators play them so well I can overlook that.  They're one hell of a tight band!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BadRain said:

Todd and Myles harmonize great together, in my opinion.  Myles voice rarely bothers me, only sometimes when he sings in a really high register.  I do miss Axl (in his prime, not the current version) on the GNR songs, but the Conspirators play them so well I can overlook that.  They're one hell of a tight band!

Indeed. I think, if you could listen to SMKC and current GNR's versions of the songs without vocals, you'd think SMKC is GNR and the other band is something else. Especially when it comes to Appetite, SMKC plays it way closer to the original than GNR does.

• Like 1

To the Nancies and the Panties-In-A-Bunch -

Please kindly shove the negativity back into your assholes. You’ve been shitting it all over this forum for years and we are proper sick of it. Remember when all of you were saying a reunion would never (ever) happen? 

For those of you who think that this album confirms that there will never be another GNR album - you’re wrong. If it confirms anything it’s that an AXL/DC album is in the works and will be piping hot. I can’t express how happy I am to know two of my heroes are not only inspired by one another but taking on such an ambitious endeavor together. 

For those of you who think SMKC is better at GNR than GNR...? Well then you really do not know GNR. 

I am stoked for SMKC and can’t wait to see what’s cooking. 

Now the REAL question is...will Mr. Duff be working with Angus and Axl? Ohhhhh my. 

The possibilities! 

• Like 1

Slash and Axl would also have to agree on the musical direction on a new GNR album, something that played a big part in breaking up the band in 1996. So it's not so easy as to say "this could've been a GNR album, goddamn it Slash." Yes it could have if Slash was given free reign. Maybe he thinks the material suits SMKCs style better too anyway. I can't wait for this album, WOF was IMHO Slashs peak of songwriting since AFD. And his finest solo since NR on Battleground.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Just seeing Brent there warms my heart. Such a wonderful guy and brilliant drummer! Can't wait to see Slash playing with him, Todd and (the good) Frank again!

And I love Myles! Can't believe he's giving me TWO albums this year.

So looking forward to hearing the new stuff and seeing these guys live again. This just feels so "right" to me, I'm over excited!

I hope slash tours a fair bit for this release and hopefully an OZ tour.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Slash and Axl would also have to agree on the musical direction on a new GNR album, something that played a big part in breaking up the band in 1996. So it's not so easy as to say "this could've been a GNR album, goddamn it Slash." Yes it could have if Slash was given free reign. Maybe he thinks the material suits SMKCs style better too anyway. I can't wait for this album, WOF was IMHO Slashs peak of songwriting since AFD. And his finest solo since NR on Battleground.

Yep, getting Axl on the same page with Slash (and Duff) is no small task, and that's not even addressing the issue of Axl's voice.  The recording of a new GNR album could take an inordinate amount of time given Axl's tendencies (and who knows how good the finished product would end up being at this point), and you can tell Slash doesn't want to wait around.  I also agree that Slash's songwriting on the SMKC albums is top notch.  Myles probably helped a lot with that, not to mention the other very talented musicians in that band.

Edited by BadRain
  • Like 1

On 4/2/2018 at 10:05 AM, TMAC20 said:

I wonder if we will get to  see reel 2 reel part 2 -During World on Fire album cameras were rolling , I hope it is the same way this time , Love to hear some new riffs and interviews with the band and interview Frank and see what he says about being the rythmn player on this record , I think its gonna be a epic album from what i have read -10 epic straight up rock anthems 

I just started watching the Reel to Reel for WOF on Youtube.  I can't believe I didn't watch it sooner!

• Like 1

I am super stoked for this record, I've loved every album slash has ever put out so I doubt I'd be dissapointed. That being said it bums me out that this is happening before new GN'R music. Makes me worried that the band is gonna either disband after NITL or just be a touring band while everyone works on other side projects.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Well since Slash and Duff are so amicable now with playing the Chinese material it suggests highly that they could see eye to eye more so with new material. 

I think they balance each other out. Axl ponders to the extreme and Slash imho doesn't give things time to develop. 

Considering Axl definitely has at least 10 songs written/recorded that he feels are worthy. I think they might comprise and pick what is the strongest out of his batch and possibly/hopefully have slash and Duff rework parts for those along with coming up with material with this lineup, five or so additional new songs. 

But now that AC/DC/Axl are working and Slash is picking up on the conspirators album this could take another few years easily. These two factors are actually not giving Guns the time or resources to have everyone put all thier focus on it as a priority. I know Slash and Axl and Duff don't want to remain and be remembered as a nostalgic legacy act so I am sure they will get around to it at some point. 

9 hours ago, BadRain said:

Yep, getting Axl on the same page with Slash (and Duff) is no small task, and that's not even addressing the issue of Axl's voice.  The recording of a new GNR album could take an inordinate amount of time given Axl's tendencies (and who knows how good the finished product would end up being at this point), and you can tell Slash doesn't want to wait around.  I also agree that Slash's songwriting on the SMKC albums is top notch.  Myles probably helped a lot with that, not to mention the other very talented musicians in that band.

And it's still not GNR caliber material and it won't be remembered as something on that level either. 

Had to remove some posts. If you want to discus the forthcoming SMKC album, do it here.

If you want to have the same tired argument over whether of not Chinese Democracy is a Guns N' Roses album, start yet another thread about that in the Civil War section.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, default_ said:

But what is "GNR Caliber" anyway?

Slash is the only one that gets closer to the Guns N' Roses characteristic sound, it will never be the same cause at least 2 people are missing, but it is the closest we'll ever get. 

Gilby's Pawnshop is also an album that had some ideas that could easily be great GNR songs, specially Tijuana Jail, on that song we can see how great Slash can turn things into, how he can make things "sound like GNR" and how great could Gilby develop in GNR. For me, that is "GUNS N ROSES CALIBER",  a great rock n roll song not attached to any particular sub genre, Guns N' Roses had its own kind of rock n roll, a mix of some stuff that ended up being a characteristic of its own.

Slash got that and today is the only one of the members/former members carring the torch of that kind of  hard rock n roll

Agreed

2 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

Well since Slash and Duff are so amicable now with playing the Chinese material it suggests highly that they could see eye to eye more so with new material. 

I think they balance each other out. Axl ponders to the extreme and Slash imho doesn't give things time to develop. 

Considering Axl definitely has at least 10 songs written/recorded that he feels are worthy. I think they might comprise and pick what is the strongest out of his batch and possibly/hopefully have slash and Duff rework parts for those along with coming up with material with this lineup, five or so additional new songs. 

But now that AC/DC/Axl are working and Slash is picking up on the conspirators album this could take another few years easily. These two factors are actually not giving Guns the time or resources to have everyone put all thier focus on it as a priority. I know Slash and Axl and Duff don't want to remain and be remembered as a nostalgic legacy act so I am sure they will get around to it at some point. 

And it's still not GNR caliber material and it won't be remembered as something on that level either. 

Clearly it's not "Appetite" caliber or the caliber of the best stuff on the "Use Your Illusions," but how could it be?  In 2018, though, I'm glad we have the well written/performed melodic hard rock that Slash and friends are turning out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BadRain said:

Clearly it's not "Appetite" caliber or the caliber of the best stuff on the "Use Your Illusions," but how could it be?  In 2018, though, I'm glad we have the well written/performed melodic hard rock that Slash and friends are turning out.

That's my point, why settle for that when it could be better? On thier end I think it's a crime to waste the effort considering all the potential. And that's coming from someone who's happy to see what Axl and Angus cooks up. But it's just delaying Guns unless there's something we aren't aware of that they have worked out.

4 hours ago, default_ said:

But what is "GNR Caliber" anyway?

Slash is the only one that gets closer to the Guns N' Roses characteristic sound, it will never be the same cause at least 2 people are missing, but it is the closest we'll ever get. 

Gilby's Pawnshop is also an album that had some ideas that could easily be great GNR songs, specially Tijuana Jail, on that song we can see how great Slash can turn things into, how he can make things "sound like GNR" and how great could Gilby develop in GNR. For me, that is "GUNS N ROSES CALIBER",  a great rock n roll song not attached to any particular sub genre, Guns N' Roses had its own kind of rock n roll, a mix of some stuff that ended up being a characteristic of its own.

Slash got that and today is the only one of the members/former members carring the torch of that kind of  hard rock n roll

Guns caliber is the guns catalog. 

And yeah it's great seeing Slash make the effort but it's frankly not on the same level as far as song writing. 

I wish he would do some instrumentals/Jams. That's a strong suit for him. 

I'm not really concerned with his or a certain "kind of rock n roll" a great song is a great song regardless  of style or genre. When I hear his solo material it just simply dosent have the same status as say songs like Civil War, or Coma, locomotive. The bar was set high, it hasn't been touched imho.

For example, the WOF single, cool parts but those lyrics, just very juvenile especially in comparison.

Edited by Order of Nine

It is a needless discussion as it isn't an issue of Conspirators before Guns, but Conspirators before a vacuum

Rose doesn't want to release music for Guns N' Roses anymore. What is Slash, a creative fella, supposed to do?

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is a needless discussion as it isn't an issue of Conspirators before Guns, but Conspirators before a vacuum

Rose doesn't want to release music for Guns N' Roses anymore. What is Slash, a creative fella, supposed to do?

I think I'm coming at this discussion from a different vantage point since I'm really a Slash fan first.  Of course I love and always will love "Appetite" and most of songs from the "Illusions" albums.  I got to see them in their prime (even Izzy was still there), and I will always be happy with that memory.  I'll never forget the summer of '88 when "Appetite" was just exploding in popularity, cruising on hot summer nights listening to those extremely badass songs! 

• Like 2