Confirmed new album slash feat mk and the conspirators

1 hour ago, coolranchdressing! said:

are you a fan club member? if so...how to sign up (is there a link)? *fingers X'd* they come around Toronto!

I think thats for nightrain members, i used my chase credit card. 

When Slash goes out to promote this, he'll finally have to answer a lot of uncomfortable questions.

I don't see any way around that, unless he does absolute minimal promo and does it with people who are so cooperative and sycophantic that they won't even broach the GN'R issue.

To be honest, I'm more excited for the interviews than the music.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MrMojo said:

What did everyone think of the last album? Personally thought it had some great tracks on it.

I thought WOF was great! There were a few songs though that I think should have been cut out (Shadow Life, Stone Blind, Safari Inn) And then there were some songs that I think are the best of Slash's solo career, The Unholy, Battleground, Iris Of The Storm just to name a few.

Edited by LikeADog93
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, LikeADog93 said:

I thought WOF was great! There were a few songs though that I think should have been cut out (Shadow Life, Stone Blind, Safari Inn) And then there were some songs that I think are the best of Slash's solo career, The Unholy, Battleground, Iris Of The Storm just to name a few.

I thought World on Fire was great, especially the production.  That drum sound!  Some of the songs are borderline filler, but they're all listenable.  I love Shadow Life's riff!  Stone Blind's chorus is a little bit lackluster, but again, Slash's riffing is strong.  Wicked Stone is all-around badass, and so is the riff to Withered Delilah.

2 hours ago, MrMojo said:

What did everyone think of the last album? Personally thought it had some great tracks on it.

I loved it.... It is weird, I haven't listened to it in a long time but when it was released it was all I played for like a month straight.. 

• Like 4

I thought safari inn was the best track on the album. All of slash's licks formed one huge melody which proves to me he can easily record an instrumental album but perhaps he's the type of player that prefers vocals on top of his ideas. Tbh I don't believe Myles really improves the instrumental ideas in this band for the most part or at least the potential of what slash brought in for this album is greater than the finished product. Wicked stone is a highlight though Myles came up with some cool melody for that one and slash was powerful. Still I wonder what axl could have done with slash's wof ideas I think it would have probably exceeded it in quality. Having said that I'm still very excited about con 3 and can't wait to hear what the guys came up with for this next release. There was a big improvement between al and wof imo and with a more focused effort it could be a killer record for sure. 

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

WOF was relesed on the 16th of September 2014, and the albums first single was released on the 16th of June 2014. 

If they are aiming for a fall release of SMKC III then we can probably hope for the first single to be released in a couple of weeks/months! :slash:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MrMojo said:

I'm a huge Slash/Snakepit/VR/GNR fan, but I found I didn't like it as much as a lot of his other releases. 

That said, there are three or four songs I thought were absolutely fantastic, like Wicked Stone.

But overall, with the 17 tracks, I felt the number of "love it" to "it's just ok" songs for my taste was a lot worse than some of his other albums, I'm a bigger fan of stuff like "It's 5'Oclock Somewhere" and "Apocalyptic Love" overall. 

But there were still some solid numbers on it. Looking forward to see what the next one is like. 

• Like 1

I could easily make it with the first 9 tracks + Battleground, Safari Inn and Unholy...

But since opinions differ a lot and some others would miss songs like Avalon and The Dissident I'm glad the album has 17 tracks on it so everybody has something to admire on WOF.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 4