Confirmed new album slash feat mk and the conspirators

I've enjoyed all the non-gnr Slash albums.

The last three have been very good, lots of gems in those albums.

I can't help but think what it would have been like with Izzy working with Slash on solo projects. Two contrasting styles that worked for a limited time, should not have been limited at all. 

On 5/16/2018 at 4:27 PM, default_ said:

Love the instrumental, hate the voice. :shrugs:

IMO, the music was Slash's best solo work since the first Snakepit album. I just can't get into Myles' voice. 

3 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

IMO, the music was Slash's best solo work since the first Snakepit album. I just can't get into Myles' voice. 

Not criticizing myles or slash here but I have just a few mini things I didn't like. Some songs start off with some really interesting sounds/tones but the song will then evolve into something not so good. Myles is a really good singer 95% of the album like Slash and the guys he shines, but sometimes I was just wishing for something grittier and different like the chorus on dirty girl which is great. Love the album, maybe 2 or 3 songs I'm not a big fan of but I'm very excited for a new album, hope they go for something different.

3 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

2 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

don't know about WOF being his best record. I kinda found it boring and one dimensional.

I would rank them probably in the order they came out

Snakepit 1

Snakepit 2

Slash

AL

WOF

WOF has no one bad song. AL has a few. Slash has many. Snakepit 1 ranks only #2 to WOF to me because of the dogshit lyrics. Snakepit 2 while great I somehow just can't get into many of the songs like Speed Parade or Landslide they just seem unfinished to me.

3 hours ago, MrMojo said:

Not criticizing myles or slash here but I have just a few mini things I didn't like. Some songs start off with some really interesting sounds/tones but the song will then evolve into something not so good. Myles is a really good singer 95% of the album like Slash and the guys he shines, but sometimes I was just wishing for something grittier and different like the chorus on dirty girl which is great. Love the album, maybe 2 or 3 songs I'm not a big fan of but I'm very excited for a new album, hope they go for something different.

The songs on the SMKC albuns usually get boring on the verse, Myles rarely creates a interesting vocal line so thats probably why you like the intros but not so much the rest. 

Myles just isn't a rock n roll singer. His lyrics aren't rock n roll, his melodies aren't rock n roll, his voice isn't gritty enough and his aura,  his charisma just isn't rock n roll.

WOF and even AL would be way superior albums with a great rock n roll singer instead. That's my opinion.

That said I still like the albums and love some tracks on both of them. WOF has more good songs IMO

• Thanks 1

I would probably rank it:

Snakepit 1 (Guitar-wise this is basically a GNR record to me, with Axl would have been incredible) 

Apocalyptic Love (bad audio sound, but killer slash songs)

Slash (Bit of filler on this to me, but the good ones are very good)

Then I would tie Snakepit 2 and World on Fire as they're both records that have a handful of strong songs and a handful of some I don't like.

When snakepit2 came out I was underwhelmed aside from 2-3 tracks but I must say most of it has grown on me now. WOF - really like about 7 of the songs, but the other half really do very little for me....and some i kinda actively don't like much. So it's tricky.

Looking forward to a new Slash album.

At the end of the day, we got to see live what we never thought would happen. Axl and Slash back together playing the classics live again.

Seeing the original five and new music would be great but I'm good if this is the extent of it.

On 5/19/2018 at 4:08 AM, Free Bird said:

Myles just isn't a rock n roll singer. His lyrics aren't rock n roll, his melodies aren't rock n roll, his voice isn't gritty enough and his aura,  his charisma just isn't rock n roll.

WOF and even AL would be way superior albums with a great rock n roll singer instead. That's my opinion.

That said I still like the albums and love some tracks on both of them. WOF has more good songs IMO

Current Axl is the face of a current state of Rock and Roll. Out of shape and 50 years old trying to be cool and relevant

This isn't 1989 anymore, move on 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Current Axl is the face of a current state of Rock and Roll. Out of shape and 50 years old trying to be cool and relevant

This isn't 1989 anymore, move on 

I should move on because it isn't 89 anymore? Why don't replacig Axl with Chris Brown? After all it's 2018...

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

the song "Carolina" popped on my shuffle last night.. Forgot about that song and how much I liked it..

I had a very similar experience an hour ago while I was out running and had my GNR related Spotify playlist on shuffle, it's a great song!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Yeah! Love that chorus! :headbang:

haha, that is pretty cool

7 hours ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Haven't heard that song in ages, was always one of my favourites from AL even though it was a b-side.

Never understood why it was a B-Side

• 2 weeks later...