Confirmed new album slash feat mk and the conspirators

I'm not that excited for SMKC3 because of Myles Kennedy, but it's better than nothing. We were not going to get a GN'R record anyway, so I'll take it. What I'm really looking forward is AXL/DC, and this just adds more fuel to the fire.

I'm sure as hell will listen to SMKC3 and go to see them if they come to my city, but I'd prefer another singer. Just my two cents

Great for slash and his band shit news for us we aren't getting new music by gnr people, as some on this forum said earlier.. And I believe them now and it's a huge ass smack in the face. For that I can't get excited about this news, it comes more as a disappointment. For all their fans, congrats!

1 minute ago, Silent Jay said:

This is Rock N' Roll history.

Correct. Anyone not excited by the prospect of Axl fucking Rose and Angus fucking Young on an album together needs to stop pretending they like rock music.

42 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

As a GNR fan, this honestly makes me cry.

Really? :lol: Crying over a band for fuck's sake.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, auad said:

Does anyone here remember any chorus of some song from slash's latest cd? right now?

And all the bombs keep fallin' in the dead of the night, I'm singin', oooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo.

I don't remember ChD choruses tho, go figure o_O

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Carmenjello said:

Both doesnt make sense. They should put out music while they can. Fuck all the other bands.

I already posted this in this thread but again: The opportunity to cement himself in history with an ACDC album sung by him and now being full time lead singer of 2 of the biggest rock bands in history now for Axl doesn't make sense for him? That is infinitely bigger than making new music with GNR. 

I'd take SMKC and AxlDC albums over Frank/Melissa/Fortus half ass reunion lineup album anyday of the year. Maybe in the future we get the chance for an actual GNR lineup album with Izzy, Adler/Matt instead of this shit with Frank and 2 keyboardists / the Slash & Axl show.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I already posted this in this thread but again: The opportunity to cement himself in history with an ACDC album sung by him and now being full time lead singer of 2 of the biggest rock bands in history now for Axl doesn't make sense for him? That is infinitely bigger than making new music with GNR.

This.

• Like 1

Hell yes! New music is conformed. 

We already knew Slash's working on new music and chances that it would be for GNR (at this point) weren't that big. Meegan already confirmed it in Dezember. But most of this album was written before the reunion and I'm sure Slash enough material left for more music. Still I believe that if the guys had fun together, as it seemed during the NITLT tour, they'll take it into consideration to release a record together someday. 

It's a fact that we don't know anything what happened and what happens behind the scenes. They already might have plans regarding new music. They already could have had written something together.

Or they'll go separate ways for the rest of their lifes after this upcoming summer tour. Who knows.

Maybe they've learned their lessons and take a little break after a big world tour. Maybe Axl's doing ACDC, or whatever he spent his time with in the past 20 years.

Slash releases his record and then, when everybody has done what he had to do, they'll head into a studio tomake a record and tour the world again.

In my book it's a possibility since it doesn't seem to be bad blood between Slash and Axl anymore... or again.

I'm not waiting for that to happen to be honest and as long as we won't hear anything I'm happy about new music with Slash.

• Like 2

I’m a big Slash fan but I can’t help but feel disappointed right now about a new SKMC album. GNR are about to finish one of the biggest tours of all time and have let the world know that they’re back. Then what do they do ? Just fuck off again. This would be the best time to get some new songs out there and keep the momentum going. 

But at the end of the day it was always something that was going to happen regardless. Slash is someone who would want to honour his commitment and get the 3rd album released and this is something that would’ve been talked about and scheduled at the beginning of the reunion. I’ll go and see SKMC and AXL/DC if they’re playing near me and I’ll buy the albums but I’m hoping as a GNR fan that it’s not another missed opportunity. 

4 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

Slash with Myles, Axl with Angus...

Let Duff whip out a Gn'R album by himself.

It doesn't have to be just Duff by himself. I'm sure Dizzy could help. And Richard Fortus has stated many times how he's excited about the idea of new album.

TBH this is really not a surprise. There have been several threads on this forum where members have listed artists/bands who release new music before Gn'R does. And many people on those lists are pushing daisies :D

Edited by Fourteenbeers