SMKC Tour Fall 2018. Which songs would you like to see in the set?

Ralphelmo

After all those gigs with GNR Slash will probably feel more comfortable with UYI songs. Which, do you think, shall we see on the setlist? I guess we can also expect more Snakepit/VR stuff and bigger focus on actual SMKC material. I'd love to hear Serial Killer or Jizz Da Pit again. I've been told in 2015 that they rehearsed Garden of Eden, it would be freakin' awesome to hear that! There are some rarities they played during RnFnR/APOCALYPTIC LOVE/WORLD ON FIRE tours:

Shine:

Do it for The Kids:

I Hold On:

I can't wait! 

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • GNFNR 1

I want to see them cover more stuff from VR/Snakepit/2010 solo debut along with the two (going to be three) albums that they did together.

I think they have got a big enough catalog to work with that they do not need to rely on the GNR songs too heavily to create a compelling set.  They can still play a few GNR songs like Nighttrain/SCOM/Paradise City (since they do it so well) and hopefully they can finally ditch the long version of Rocket Queen.

Plus, Myles is doing some covers in his solo shows like Elton John's Levon and Zeppelin's Going to California.  I want to see them to a few covers that no one expects them to do, but do it amazingly in their rendition.

Edited by Anguyen92

60% SMKC songs, 20%-30% VR/Snakepit songs 10%-20% GNR but with emphasis on songs Axl isnt as strong on, so Locomotive, Rocket Queen, you could be mine, and civil war (even if Axl isnt bad on this one).

Im hoping for slightly longer sets closer to 25 songs instead of the 20 they did before, with Todd singing 4 or so instead of just 1-2.

Maybe an acoustic set during the show? With all this experience Myles has now (he's touring with Tim Tournier but 90% of the show he plays just by himself, a guitar and stompbox, nothing else) they can extend their catalogue, maybe play Wild Horses or Wish You Were Here....

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 1

1-new song

2- One Last Thrill

3-Wicked Stone

4-beneath the savage sun 

5- new song

6-halo

7-shots fired

8- Rocket queen

9- civil war 

10-anatasia

11- slash solo

12- band jam 

13- scom

14-double  talking jive

15--standing in the sun

16-new song

17-bent to fly

18-new somg

19-starlight

20- back to cali

21- youre a lie

22-Hard and fast

23- nothing 2 say

encore

24-paradise city

245 slither

26-safari inn- jizz da pit jam 

27- new song

28- world on fire

Edited by TMAC20
  • Like 2

Now that Slash is back in GNR, I actually see SMKC doing less GNR songs for sure. I think that they'll keep SCOM and PC but I would rather not hear them at all. Since the main reason that Slash never touched Jungle for the longest time (He thought of it as GNR territory), I don't think we will see anything from the GNR back catalog, like Locomotive or Garden of Eden or whatever. I hope for more Snakepit, but I expect it to consist of mostly SMKC originals, and if anything, be shorter sets than previous shows unfortunately

• 2 weeks later...

Id like Anything Goes, Think About You, and AfD Your Crazy for GNR songs. 

For the standbys Id be cool with SCOM, PC, Rocket Queen, and Nightrain staying since you know he wont drop those

(The more Snakepit the better, too imo)

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2

On 3/31/2018 at 9:00 AM, TMAC20 said:

1-new song

2- One Last Thrill

3-Wicked Stone

4-beneath the savage sun 

5- new song

6-halo

7-shots fired

8- Rocket queen

9- civil war 

10-anatasia

11- slash solo

12- band jam 

13- scom

14-double  talking jive

15--standing in the sun

16-new song

17-bent to fly

18-new somg

19-starlight

20- back to cali

21- youre a lie

22-Hard and fast

23- nothing 2 say

encore

24-paradise city

245 slither

26-safari inn- jizz da pit jam 

27- new song

28- world on fire

That's a show I would like to see!  I noticed, though, that you don't have "Paradise City" as the last song, where it usually is. Interesting!