Does GNR ever tour again after 2018?

Does GNR ever tour again after 2018?  

278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's absolutely no way to know.  No one would have guessed back in 2014 that GNR would be back touring stadiums with Slash and Duff.

I do think it's becoming less and less likely we'll hear a new GNR album in the next five years.  I could see Axl eventually releasing one more disc or retrospective discography with new music as a way to end GNR.  There's still a lot of music sitting on the shelf and unless he wants to walk down the same path as Prince with respect to how and when it gets released, I hope and think we'll see it some day.

But as for another GNR tour, who really knows.  It will all depend on how Axl is feeling in a few years, how this tour concludes with respect to the key players, and also how members manage their money.  

• Like 2

I think they'll be regrouping occasionally for small tours, one off gigs and festivals. Most likely the current lineup, but hopefully with Izzy.

Unless there is new music at some point.

I don't see Steven (not for a full gig, at least) or Matt playing with them again. I don't see a NuGnR reincarnation touring either.

Edited by Blackstar
added

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think they'll be regrouping occasionally for small tours, one off gigs and festivals. Most likely the current lineup, but hopefully with Izzy.

Unless there is new music at some point.

Sadly,this band is roller coaster

• Like 1

Yeah they'll tour arenas on and off every few years with this line up just to keep the pay coming in. New album, though? Doubt it. Maybe like a one-off single for a movie soundtrack every now and then or some shit. 

But at this point, I think id rather have gnr be a nostalgia act anyway, as strange as that sounds. I mean... Nostalgia isn't necesarily a bad thing, is it? Seeing Axl and Slash live together is always gonna be cool now no matter what since everyone thought for 23 years that would never happen again. A new album with this Frankenstein lineup would be a little weird and kinda hurt the legacy, a bit. But for playing the old hits live, they're a good lineup and they seem pretty tight and stable. So I kinda rather it just stay that way.

TLDR: yeah they'll tour again with this lineup. 

If-IF- they can get Izzy & Steven on board, they could still rake it in financially doing one-offs, a handful of festival dates etc.  But I think this lineup has peaked (financially) as a touring unit. Yes, they could do a smaller (I.e. A cheaper price point per ticket) tour and do well, but the REAL last $ windfall will be a show with Izzy and Steven.  If they billed it as a Final show, they could charge $5,000 a ticket and sell out the Rose Bowl.  Then they could all go on their merry ways and cross paths at the Cape Cod Melody tent type venues across the country...