Our Interview with Doug Goldstein (Former GNR Manager)

3 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

He is very full of himself. I can sure see why some of the guys don't like him, but he sure did have a big job dealing with them. He definitely has to have a ton of of stories.

yeah i had a similar view to Doug that a lot of people had. After talking with Doug my view of him changed. One thing I've learned is that everyone in the GNR camp has their own version of events. Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

One thing I've learned is that everyone in the GNR camp has their own version of events. Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle. 

The more I read and hear the different versions of the same stories, I truly believe the truth really is in the middle. They all just have their own perception and view of what went on. All of this happened a long time ago and I'm sure the substances don't help with the memories.

2 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I be sure that job of this guy not was very easy, this was the worst years of the band 😑

yeah Doug made a ton of money, but lost it to his two ex wives. Yeah seemed super stressful 

8 minutes ago, axlinkafayette said:

Great interview guys!

A few comments....Never heard someone who talked so fast as Doug.  Its hard to understand at times, but i could get the jist.  When you asked him about rerecorded vocals for live era, i had to laugh.  Of Course they are rerecorded, come on man.

thanks. Yeah I still think live era is clearly re-recorded. 

• Like 2

Just now, sidman69 said:

yeah Doug made a ton of money, but lost it to his two ex wives. Yeah seemed super stressful 

He paid price, i imagined this, with a tour of this magnitude , not only guys in the band had suffering, i guess now he is more happy.

I still don't like this guy, So full of himself and so bitter! If i believed half of what he said i'd think he was the saviour of GnR :facepalm: I think he believes what he says but i don't. I am cringing listening to this bloke...

Well done @sidman69 it's still a great feat to get these guests on your show. Keep 'em coming!!

1 hour ago, axlinkafayette said:

Great interview guys!

A few comments....Never heard someone who talked so fast as Doug.  Its hard to understand at times, but i could get the jist.  When you asked him about rerecorded vocals for live era, i had to laugh.  Of Course they are rerecorded, come on man.

Yea, just watched that part and had to come back here and write: BULLSHIT. For someone who NEVER lies, that's a BIG fucking no-no. I guess he doesn't realize or care...?? LOL

But guys, kudos for the great interview and it is shedding more light onto the whole thing. Thanks.

13 minutes ago, JONEZY said:

3 hours plus, another great interview guys!

Did he say that Slash slept with his wife?

yeah he did

9 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Thanks for doing all these interviews!  They are fun to listen to, and are all great.  I look forward to hearing this

you're welcome

10 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

:slash: smashed his wife? 😂 when I heard that

I almost ran off the road! 

Good interview though. Definitely one of your best interviews. I enjoyed the whole thing.

thanks and agreed! I think my favourite was either Doug, Sean Beavan, Teddy or Arlett Vereecke

13 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

thanks and agreed! I think my favourite was either Doug, Sean Beavan, Teddy or Arlett Vereecke

Who's left at this point?

Amy or Stuart Bailey

Steven Adler would probably call you to be interviewed, instead of the other way around.

Alan Niven never gets tired if talking either

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

:slash: smashed his wife? 😂 when I heard that

I almost ran off the road! 

Good interview though. Definitely one of your best interviews. I enjoyed the whole thing.

You laugh because :slash:don't sleep with you wife.i suspect that Doug not feel much love for Mr. Top hat...<_<

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, axlinkafayette said:

Who's left at this point?

Amy or Stuart Bailey

Steven Adler would probably call you to be interviewed, instead of the other way around.

Alan Niven never gets tired if talking either

Sure Steven pay good money to Sidman interview he:P

37 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Iirc, Sean Beavan also said Axl didn't re-record vocals for Live Era.

He was more unaware and left in the dark about it. These guys close to the band for whatever reason couldn’t tell that the vocals were a much more polished new rasp than what he had in the 88-93 era.

I guess they just don’t care enough about the “little things” like us die hard fans!