Our Interview with Doug Goldstein (Former GNR Manager)

On 4/10/2018 at 6:54 AM, RONIN said:

This is probably bullshit imho. You know what this sounds like? Ol' Dougie may have been a tad miffed that he was cut out of the deal making process for this. He probably hoped to make a quick payday negotiating Slash's fee for guesting on Dangerous. 

Besides - why would he need to sell Axl on anything having to do with MJ in 1990-early '91 when the Dangerous sessions were going down? Makes zero sense. The band were ostensibly waiting for Axl to finish his work on Illusions around this time period - there was plenty of downtime to do other stuff in the meantime. 

On 4/10/2018 at 8:09 AM, Blackstar said:

My understanding is that Doug is talking about the Give It To Me video in '92, not the Dangerous sessions. I'll have to check it again.

I checked it. Doug says it was after Axl's 1992 interviews, so he isn't talking about the Dangerous sessions. He didn't say what it was about on the podcast, but the first time he brought the story up, on RS Brazil, he said it was about Slash playing at one of MJ's concerts. Slash guested at two shows of the Dangerous tour, one in September '92 and one in December '92.

Also - I had forgotten about that - Marc Canter mentioned the MJ story on the 2016 BBC documentary.

• Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:53 PM, sidman69 said:

i don't want to shed too much light on how we get guests. We sometimes have to tread lightly. 

My $$$ on these interviews actually being sponsored in some way (or endorsed) by #TeamBrazil, in a way to shut out and by pass the conventional press and bullshitters....
Giving it to the genuine fans who won't twist it....There's gotta be a legit reason Guns N Roses Central are getting scoops, while Eddie Trunk is crying into his mic....
I love one day to log in and see 'AXL TALKS!' ;)

Edited by colonizedmind

On 4/14/2018 at 12:26 AM, colonizedmind said:

My $$$ on these interviews actually being sponsored in some way (or endorsed) by #TeamBrazil, in a way to shut out and by pass the conventional press and bullshitters....
Giving it to the genuine fans who won't twist it....There's gotta be a legit reason Guns N Roses Central are getting scoops, while Eddie Trunk is crying into his mic....
I love one day to log in and see 'AXL TALKS!' ;)

haha our interviews are in no way endorsed or coordinated with Team Brazil. I think we've accomplished a lot considering people have generally never heard of us and we don't have a radio banner to hold over our head. I am curious as to why Eddie Trunk isn't getting anything. 

12 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

haha our interviews are in no way endorsed or coordinated with Team Brazil. I think we've accomplished a lot considering people have generally never heard of us and we don't have a radio banner to hold over our head. I am curious as to why Eddie Trunk isn't getting anything. 

Spot on @Sidman89 i look this post very biased 👏

27 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Spot on @Sidman89 i look this post very biased 👏

Thanks it's also important to keep expectations realistic. While we've gotten some amazing interviews and more to come, it's funny how this whole thing works. While we can get some big names, but then people on the bottom of the totem pole (who people barely know) don't want to come on, so it's not like Axl, Slash or Izzy will just reappear on the podcast. At least i don't think that'll ever happen. There's also certain people we could interview I suppose but to be honest some people don't really interest me so we don't pursue them. 

47 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

Thanks it's also important to keep expectations realistic. While we've gotten some amazing interviews and more to come, it's funny how this whole thing works. While we can get some big names, but then people on the bottom of the totem pole (who people barely know) don't want to come on, so it's not like Axl, Slash or Izzy will just reappear on the podcast. At least i don't think that'll ever happen. There's also certain people we could interview I suppose but to be honest some people don't really interest me so we don't pursue them. 

The most the forumer's are very thankful for job you   , i imagine Don't is easy get guest's week after week , that date coincide,for this bother me people put doubt in reputation of a person when made his best to please the fans 👍

On 4/11/2018 at 7:55 PM, Blackstar said:

I checked it. Doug says it was after Axl's 1992 interviews, so he isn't talking about the Dangerous sessions. He didn't say what it was about on the podcast, but the first time he brought the story up, on RS Brazil, he said it was about Slash playing at one of MJ's concerts. Slash guested at two shows of the Dangerous tour, one in September '92 and one in December '92.

Also - I had forgotten about that - Marc Canter mentioned the MJ story on the 2016 BBC documentary.

Slash also played with MJ in 1995, after the 1993 child molestation allegations.

6 hours ago, sidman69 said:

Haha, I was pretty much joking bro but it was a way to give kudos to the quality work you've been able to accomplished...
Have you guys pursued Adler?!  I'm sure he'd be down for a rant, sorry, I mean a chat ! ;)

7 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Haha, I was pretty much joking bro but it was a way to give kudos to the quality work you've been able to accomplished...
Have you guys pursued Adler?!  I'm sure he'd be down for a rant, sorry, I mean a chat ! ;)

@colonizedmindglad me know this you said was joking, because i feel sorry for @sidman69he make great job , i be happy you clear this 👍👌

2 hours ago, Ratam said:

@colonizedmindglad me know this you said was joking, because i feel sorry for @sidman69he make great job , i be happy you clear this 👍👌

yeah we've pretty much pursued everyone and anyone you can think of in the world of GNR. There's some people who want to come on the show and would be amazing interviews, but beceause of health issues it probably won't happen. 

• Like 1