Fleetwood Mac Fires Lindsey Buckingham

Amir

There seems to be very little info about why he wont be on the tour?

Unless Im missing something, my guess would be that as is well known the band has been having a hard time getting Nicks back into the fold.  She refused to record an album that the rest wanted to do because theres 'no money in albums' and they 'get paid lots of money live.'  Im thinking that she demanded a sum of money so large that Buckinghams pay seemed too small by comparison or in fact came from his cut.  This brought up all the passed; the reason he left in the 80's.  Just wild speculation on my part.

Its crazy though: this means they could have toured Fleetwood Mac last year, with the Buckingham/McVie as a new Mac album, without Nicks.  Because now they are missing an equally important an popular front person and have no album.  Or is Nicks that much more of a draw then Buckingham?

Its super lame when bands this big an old get into petty squables and camt make it work. You are in your 60s and 70s, in a band can't make it work then just hang it up. 

I would have liked to see them, but I'm not that interested now

• Like 1

Glad I got to see the five of them... I know that's somewhat hypocritical given my stance on Guns N' Roses, but fuck it, my logic is arbitrary. I grew to prefer Guns when all the 'original' members had been replaced, but with Fleetwood Mac, there was something really important about having them all there. Maybe it's the fact that Buckingham, Nicks and McVie all sing, so their unique voices were really important, whereas with GN'R the replaced musicians were mostly instrumentalists.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 4/17/2018 at 5:38 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Its super lame when bands this big an old get into petty squables and camt make it work. You are in your 60s and 70s, in a band can't make it work then just hang it up. 

I would have liked to see them, but I'm not that interested now

Bump

At the show right now. Tickets sort of fell in my lap. I have to say thst sound amazing and Mike Campbell is incredible. One of the best love guitar tones I've ever heard

• Like 1