How do you feel towards Axl Rose these days?

Which of the following best describes how you currently feel about Axl?  

247 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

None of the above, really.

The name Axl Rose has become synonymous with "wasted potential" as far as I'm concerned. The guy isn't even the best part of his own band anymore, but goes all-out for Angus on songs about rock n' thunder. :shrugs:

If all he wants to do is play the old GNR songs live, at least he brought back Slash and Duff (although honestly I'd take the Bumblefoot line-up with $90 tickets over another reunion show with $300 tickets). But the hype has faded, without new music this line-up will quickly become just as boring as the last one.

That said, ask me again when the Axl/DC album comes out and I'll be back on the hype-train :lol:

• Like 2

Picked "Frustrated at his lack of ability to put out new music" since it is the only thing that makes sense to demand from him.

Because...

* Admiration for making amends with Slash and the reunion.... Fixing relationships is a must, especially one like that. Admiring someone because they had to eat their pride is not something I consider should be "admired".

* Disappointed at him for "selling out".... huh? how did he sell out? That was the right thing to do. NuGuns is a stupid idea, a shot in the foot.

* Angry at him for his half baked idea of a reunion.... Yeah, the half-assed reunion is not the best of things but being angry is not the feeling I have for it. Disappointment fits better.

* In awe that he has managed to front both GNR reunion and ACDC .... lol, no, he's been an artist for most of his life so I can't be in awe for what he's supposed to be good at.
I'd be in awe if it was myself fronting those two bands :lol::facepalm:

• Like 2

Whats to feel?  He's a bloke, he plays music...feel about what?  The options appear to be related to his, I dunno, career?  Whatever, good for him, I'm sure he's done alright for himself, what he does or doesn't do in regards to performing or releasing music is his business.  

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

I wrote frustrated at no new music..but that's about to change since we're getting a hard rock album in the vein of AFD because he's in ACDC so yeah. No experimental CD bs guaranteed + new Axl vocals. Could be a lot, lot worse. In fact, maybe the next ACDC album will be so good because Angus is so inspired it will be one of ACDCs best, who knows what's upon us? I'm not really disappointed right now I guess, afterall.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

I would have like to see him take interest in more projects by now. He’s treated GNR like a job for the past 10 years and by now I guess I figured he would have been involved in more collaboration efforts and even movie scores, I think he has an interest in plenty musically but for whatever reason he’s chosen to not jump into different projects outside his own band.

the ACDC thing was refreshing Bc we saw how energized he became on a new project but by now I feel like he could have been a bigger presence in the music industry. He’s forgotten more and more each day. But I think plenty of artist would have loved to spend time with him and have him work on their projects. 

An amazing talent that really didn’t take all the chances he had at his disposal 

• Like 2

I'm glad that he's back performing in front of stadiums again. For someone with that ability/talent, it was wasted on some of the odd shows they done from 12-14 e.g bowling alleys.

I'm delighted that he's made amends with fellas that were obviously a big part of his life in helping him find his feet in the world. It's always great to see everyone happy within themselves and going by what's been reported over the years, Axl was obviously hurt by the fallout.

I'm absolutely fucking scunnered that there has only been one album of original material in my lifetime but I don't think they'll lose any sleep over that 😂😂😂

I remain hopeful that we will eventually get new stuff. Bonus if we get stuff with Finck and Bucket too but unfortunately that doesn't look likely.

I'll still go see them whenever financially possible. I personally don't think there is a better frontman out there than Axl and I want to enjoy it as much as I can, as you never know when it'll come to an end.

Admiration & Frustration ... but then again now that i think of it these have been my feelings for a long time even before the reunion.
Its kinda a catch 22 admiration for Axl being Axl before burying the hatchet with Slash.
Then admiration for burying the hatchet with Slash. I dont think i could swallow pride with some riffs or differences i have with my own old "freinds" and bury the hatchet
Frustration, for god sake just put music or a DVD of this tour out something how hard is that.
I think Gordon said it best "wasted potential" that also frustrates me in a sense.

5 hours ago, Slasxl said:

Admiration & Frustration ... but then again now that i think of it these have been my feelings for a long time even before the reunion.
Its kinda a catch 22 admiration for Axl being Axl before burying the hatchet with Slash.
Then admiration for burying the hatchet with Slash. I dont think i could swallow pride with some riffs or differences i have with my own old "freinds" and bury the hatchet
Frustration, for god sake just put music or a DVD of this tour out something how hard is that.
I think Gordon said it best "wasted potential" that also frustrates me in a sense.

I think you'd be surprised what you're prepared to let go of when millions of dollars are at stake.

A little bit of all of the above but with a ranking. I picked "Angry at him for his half baked idea of a reunion“ but it is not anger I feel, more like disappointment.

Admiration for making amends with Slash and the reunion - Sure, that’s been a great thing and I admire both for that. It gives fans a feeling of closure, if half-baked but at least for their relationship. Making amends is always a good thing, so well done.

Disappointed at him for "selling out“ - Don’t care about that. I’m happy for them if they earn as much money as they do. The only thing I really care about is

Angry at him for his half baked idea of a reunion - because yeah. There is so much missing the the closure is not there. At least not for me. And it is not Guns n Roses really. I’m not saying I didn’t have a good time when I saw them last summer. But it wasn’t GnR it was Ginger Spice, Snake Charmer and Business Punk. :shrugs:

Frustrated at his lack of ability to put out new music - Not really. I don’t enjoy CD so I’m not exactly in anticipation for new music. I would be very much if it was a real reunion. 

In awe that he has managed to front both GNR reunion and ACDC - Hm ... No. Not really. He’s a singer, he’s a frontman. Why wouldn’t he?

Although I voted "Admiration for making amends with Slash and the reunion", I think that it goes much further in depth than just that & it'd be a bit too one-track-minded to exclusively feel this & only this. My general feeling is that Axl has thrown away years of potential & may be (I hope to be proven wrong) taking the easy route by embracing perhaps the last few years of his musical career by taking one last shot at playing at least partly with those with whom he shot to sky high fortune & fame. Chinese Democracy is a very admirable album with a lot of depth to it & of all the original members, he has proven to have the highest potential & ability to release a memorable album. But sadly, going back to what I was saying, only one single album of authentic new material released between the 1991 Use Your Illusions & now, is just too little commodity on his part. Additionally, his Appetite For Democracy live DVD release is for the most part a disappointment; too little Chinese Democracy material, not his best performance period, cheesy title with very little reason for one to purchase. If he was to release a double album worth of material, whether with Slash & Duff, or DJ Ashba, Bumblefoot & Tommy, with quality music like Chinese Democracy & tour it, I think that it would bring him back a lot of dignity in the music sense & a lot more respect from his fans. In fact, I would be extremely disappointed if he did not release any authentic new material before hanging up his boots once & for all.

I think this poll is loaded in that it leans towards dissatisfaction. I am frustrated that we have no new music, but i wouldn't put that solely on Axl, for example.

I admire him for reinvigorating the rock genre by leading GN'R and ACDC - arguably two of rock's biggest names right now - over the past couple of years.

Mixed up the options a bit for me...

In awe for the half baked reunion 

Admiration for fronting GnR and AC/DC

Angry to not making amends with Slash earlier

Frustrated of the disapointment of no new music

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

As frustrating as it is for me also for not getting a new 'reunion' Gn'R album anytime soon, truth is that with Gn'R as most old successful bands 90% of the people attending the shows just wanna watch the 'greatest hits' being played. And Axl delivers on that. 

Yeah, none of the above... I don't really feel anything towards people I don't know, and he's just a singer in a band I happen to like, but that's all.

I guess I can feel sorta sad that he is going on 60 and released so little music as a musician, but he has himself to blame for that, so I can't feel sorry for that.

Edited by EvanG

5 hours ago, RazorGunner said:

Picked in awe of him fronting GNR and ACDC.

I can't think of another Artist that fronted two major bands at the same time, whatever issues you might have with Axl, that is an accomplishment. 

Totally agree with this. I can't stand AC/DC but that has nothing to do with it. Sometimes I forget that the feat itself is amazing.

• Thanks 1