How do you feel towards Axl Rose these days?

Which of the following best describes how you currently feel about Axl?  

247 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Disappointed that he caved in on his principles and reunited after sticking to his guns and doing the unpopular thing for so long, and that he didn't allow the CD era line-up of the band to live up to their full potential.

10 hours ago, Towelie said:

I think you'd be surprised what you're prepared to let go of when millions of dollars are at stake.

That is very true yes i wish i had that circumstance.
What i dont get is why do it for the money now ?
Its not like all of a sudden people want to see a reunion there has always been tons of cash offered for this before.

I thought reuniting with Slash and Duff was great, of course.

But the way things seem to went down with Steven and Izzy sucks, although understandable with the little insight we have.

Axl/Dc was and is cool, new album seems to be around the corner.

But overall, all things GNR make me feel kinda depressed at this point. 2016 was so great but now? They need to a) release at least one new song asap or b) talk about future plans asap.

Faith no More for example did everything right, couple of fantastic shows, then new album along with  honest interviews and a tour.

The silence really pisses me of to be honest. :D

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 2

Dinosaur that refuses to die, shit or get off the pot. Oh well, rock and thunder incoming.

1 hour ago, Graeme said:

Disappointed that he caved in on his principles and reunited after sticking to his guns and doing the unpopular thing for so long, and that he didn't allow the CD era line-up of the band to live up to their full potential.

It would NEVER live up to that, Axl would find a way..

''Frustrated at his lack of ability to put out new music'' seems most fitting but I'm rather beyond ''frustrated'' which would indicate some degree of vested interest or passion. Absolute boredom is more fitting. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

21 hours ago, killuridols said:

* Angry at him for his half baked idea of a reunion.... Yeah, the half-assed reunion is not the best of things but being angry is not the feeling I have for it. Disappointment fits better.

12 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I picked "Angry at him for his half baked idea of a reunion“ but it is not anger I feel, more like disappointment.

I picked 'angry at him..etc.. But as @killuridols and @Tori72 said it's not anger it's just feeling gutted that it could have been so much more. I loved the shows i saw but i'm not going again this year or any other unless it's the Appetite or Illusions line ups.

• Like 2

As reunions go, it is a bit of a flaccid penis really, missing key personnel and having nugnr wastrels substituted. It is rather like Laurel without Hardy, Broad without Anderson (cricketing analogy, sorry) or even Dec without Ant.

Trust Guns N' Roses to screw up their own reunion! 

• Like 2

I’m mixed on Axl In the last two years so I have decided to put my thoughts in a pros and cons list.

Pros:

1. Making amends with slash, a reunion nobody thought would ever happen.

2. Being on time for most of this tour.

3. Having the energy to front acdc and gnr in the last two years and sounding good for both although more so with acdc.

4. Not canceling the vegas gigs after his foot injury. 

5. Giving Steven at least a opportunity to appear on stage with the band again.

Cons: 

1. Steven seemed more capable to perform more songs and it still seems he (along with slash and duff) still view him as a liability.

2. More of a chance to record new material for acdc than guns when there is more of a demand for new gnr music.

3. The setlist being the same all throughout the tour and most new songs added are cd songs and covers.

4. Despite playing with izzy when nugnr was around, can’t make agreements for him to appear. 

Axl definitely in my mind has proven people wrong on this tour and has gained some respect for his new professionalism and he sounded good on this tour although not perfect which I didn’t expect him to be. It’s just a shame that what I hoped for was new music, doesn’t seemed to be happening in the foreseeable future and a possible AFD reunion happening. For now, just gonna have to take what we can get. 

• Like 1

Baffled. I wished Axl would get back with Slash an Duff for years. Instead Guns became a Train wreck.

We finally get a reunion. There is huge interest in Guns again. But it feels like Axl is more interested and motivated by ACDC. 

I just can't understand the whole gag orders, no news, no new music, Mickey vocals, more ballads than hard rock. It will be the complete opposite with ACDC.

Axl will give to ACDC what we have wanted for years. A new hard rock album, rasp, probably interviews, news, updates. 

Baffling really

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

As reunions go, it is a bit of a flaccid penis really, missing key personnel and having nugnr wastrels substituted. It is rather like Laurel without Hardy, Broad without Anderson (cricketing analogy, sorry) or even Dec without Ant.

Trust Guns N' Roses to screw up their own reunion! 

Reunions are always shit, mostly because they're never about a genuine desire to be a creative unit again and almost always about cashing in on nostalgia. When Slash and Axl reunited I hoped for the former, but predictably, we got the latter.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Reunions are always shit, mostly because they're never about a genuine desire to be a creative unit again and almost always about cashing in on nostalgia. When Slash and Axl reunited I hoped for the former, but predictably, we got the latter.

I would agree with you about most reunions but I 100% believe that Axl is trying to make the fans happy with the NITL tour. He is the one that genuinely appears to be having a great time playing with Slash and Duff. The shows are 3+ hours and not starting 2+ hours late. 

As for me, I wasn't overly exited about the reunion tour as I've said in other post, I left 1992 in 1992 but as I've watched footage of a few of the shows, I realize that it's very special and I made a huge mistake taking my step daughter and waiting outside to pick her up from the show. I will forever regret that. She however, is thankful since I'm the crazy 50 yr old GnR fan in her mind. But I will proudly be a fan until the day I die. 

Just happy that he keeps the soap opera running. Always hope for new music but stopped being disappointed about that not happening some time last millennium. It's spring, flowers and birds and stuff, who has time from being frustrated and angry over an old rocker not doing what they want? 

• Like 1

Not angry, just a bit disappointed... I'm a little too old to be upset my career decisions of a band I like... Besides retirement... Which would be a hard blow considering how long I've followed them.

Disappointed because there's room for at least another handful of records but Axl is holding them hostage because he doesn't see the return for releasing music now that the traditional way has all but disappeared.

Didn't expect them to drop an album and do a reunion tour but I expected a bit more excitement and not just another tour (obviously this was a bigger tour, but essentially the same old thing with two old hats thrown in the mix).

3 hours ago, Towelie said:

I felt there was genuinely more chance of the previous line-up of the band achieving that "creative unit" status... (Naive, I know, I know). It's part of the reason I had no interest in a reunion.

I'm kind of amazed at how much of a minority I'm in though... I think there might be two or three on the forum (well, long-time posters) who feel a bit similarly to me, but most got on board the reunion train with gusto.

1 hour ago, Graeme said:

I felt there was genuinely more chance of the previous line-up of the band achieving that "creative unit" status... (Naive, I know, I know). It's part of the reason I had no interest in a reunion.

I'm kind of amazed at how much of a minority I'm in though... I think there might be two or three on the forum (well, long-time posters) who feel a bit similarly to me, but most got on board the reunion train with gusto.

In a way I agree. Wish that more stuff had come out of the Finck/Bucket/Brain era rather than just the parts of tunes that ended up on Chinese.

Can imagine that those personalities (Robin & Bucket) were maybe a challenge to get working together at times but I love the stuff that they did do.

With there apparently being so much stuff that was worked on during those years (aswell as when Ron came in), it's a shame that so much of it has never seen the light of day.

I doubt any creative imput'd be made even if the reunion hadnt happened. Axl wasnt interested anymore for quite a while, it felt like he had accepted what Guns N' Roses really is. Which is: Not a solo work.

Accepting it may have made him ever more bitter and now it seems he just gave up on any creative view.

Its a shame, he had the oportunity to make a great run with NuGNR but by the time people like Bumblefoot, Frank and Ashaba came it it was just done.

11 minutes ago, default_ said:

I doubt any creative imput'd be made even if the reunion hadnt happened. Axl wasnt interested anymore for quite a while, it felt like he had accepted what Guns N' Roses really is. Which is: Not a solo work.

Accepting it may have made him ever more bitter and now it seems he just gave up on any creative view.

Its a shame, he had the oportunity to make a great run with NuGNR but by the time people like Bumblefoot, Frank and Ashaba came it it was just done.

Ashba maybe, but I disagree with you about the other two. 2006 was kinda the peak of the whole thing in terms of consistency, activity and hype.