STEVEN ADLER: "Izzy is just as heartbroken as I am that the three of them decided to leave us out and bring three strangers in–who are those people?"

"My goal was to finish what I started, and Izzy’s too. Iz is just as heartbroken as I am that the three of them decided to leave us out and bring three strangers in–who are those people?"
[Steven Adler, Hysteriamag.com, April 2018]

Full interview here = http://www.hysteriamag.com/steven-adler-guns-blazin/

Edited by ludurigan
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

He's right.

No he's not.

He's just speaking his mind about people in his own life and his own situation.

He shouldn't be allowed.

Maybe he shouldn't if he wants to be strategic but that's up to him. He shouldn't need permission.

Axl is GNR Steven is just a drummer and drug addict.

No, Axl is a big part of GNR but GNR is GNR.

You're all entitled.

I WANT A FUCKING NEW ALBUM ALREADY.

The last 5 months in a nutshell :lol:

• Like 2

Maybe he's right, but he still needs to get the fuck over it. So he played drums well on a great album 30 odd years ago and has spent the rest of his life living off it. Count yourself lucky you were a part of something as great as Appetite, be a man, and stop whining, snivelling and crying like a pussy bitch to anybody who will listen. It's very unbecoming.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Maybe he's right, but he still needs to get the fuck over it. So he played drums well on a great album 30 odd years ago and has spent the rest of his life living off it. Count yourself lucky you were a part of something as great as Appetite, be a man, and stop whining, snivelling and crying like a pussy bitch to anybody who will listen. It's very unbecoming.

You could almost apply that argument to Rose, Slash and McKagan also. None of them have came exactly close to matching Appetite.

Edited by DieselDaisy
Spelling
  • GNFNR 1

On one hand, I think Steven should have been on the tour for his songs for authenticity sake. Especially, if this is all a nostalgia crash grab. If he couldnt handle it, Frank would have been there to take over for the whole set. It was shittuly of them to fly him out to SA and give him one song a show. If Axl wanted GNR to be a creative force and brought Slash and Duff in with other people he felt motivated to release music in, Id be more forgiving of them not having Izzy and Steven on board. Still, they should have been there.

On the other hand, Steven's behavior is why he hasnt been included more. He has constantly relapsed with drugs and alcohol, and has said a lot of things over the years that would no doubt push Axl's buttons. I know they have all sniped at one another, but Steven is the one that has "grown up" the least. Its clear Axl does not like Steven, and I woildnt be surprised if Slash and Duff were hesitant to bring him in board full time. He even fucked up that Japanese tour with Duff a few years back. 

It sucks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

'Three strangers - who are these people ?'

I couldn't have said it better !? That's your 'reunion' in a nutshell  :lol:

I think Steven needs some help with math.  There were 2 "strangers" there instead of him and Izzy.  Melissa would have been there either way.  Did it really make a difference if it was her or if they brought Teddy Zig Zag back to do whatever it is she does?

Honestly, if they were to somehow make new music, having Izzy involved would make a big difference and Steven might make a slight difference.  For the live performances, it doesn't make that much of a difference.  Neither of them were on the vast majority of the UYI tour (obviously none for Steven).  People weren't complaining that Gilby made it a Guns n' Aliens tour.  Why is it somehow better that Gilby was playing Izzy's songs on tour than Richard doing the same thing?  Gilby didn't have anything to do with writing anything.

The biggest complaint with Frank seems to be the tempo he plays some songs at.  However, I'm 99.999% sure that the decision on tempo was made by others who are just telling him how they want it played.  Hell, Slash starts the PC intro before the drums come in and he is playing it fast to start with.

• Like 1

Don't bully Melissa! :max:

Adler's got some issues, and I doubt Izzy shares these hot opinions.  Sorum deserved to be up on stage with the band at some point on NITL just as much as, if not more than Adler did.

• Confused 1

While Steven can drum circles around Frank (when it comes to the GnR catalog), I sincerely doubt he coulda lasted the whole tour and remained sober...and no way they (Axl/Slash/Duff) were going to risk it.  What shoulda happened was they should have used Matt with Steven playing a few (here and there) shows, specifically the California shows and a few others maybe.  But we have Axl/Slash/Duff back so bitching about the drumming is down on the old totem pole.  Izzy- would have been great too but other than a few shows they knew he could have gone AWOL at any time as well.