STEVEN ADLER: "Izzy is just as heartbroken as I am that the three of them decided to leave us out and bring three strangers in–who are those people?"

41 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think we can give Adler a reprieve for not correctly enumerating the nugnr cast-list. One needs a Master's Degree to acquaint one's self with the intricacies of nugn'r's amorphous personnel department!

But he actually performed live with them at some of their gigs. Is it really that hard to remember names?

Just now, auad said:

The sound of the band became a mess.
In fact, IMO, the band only needs Dizzy as a keyboardist, and yet not in all songs.

I don't understand that argument. Most of the people are complaining that the second keyboarists (Teddy "Zig Zag, Chris, Melissa) are inaudible but at the same time they are messing up the bands sound?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, auad said:

On topic: Looking back at Steven's track record of handling himself in difficult and stressful situations, it's no wonder they didn't want him on board full time. 

It would've been cool to get an AFD5 reunion, but when you look at the work ethic of the Big Three and then you look at the work ethic of Izzy and Steven, it becomes clear why Izzy and Steven aren't there full time. Hope they do a lot of guest spots in the coming years and maybe join the band again if everything falls into place, but for now, I, myself as fan, am happy with the current line up. 

• Like 3

I don't believe Gilby was offered a guest appearance - that's just plain stupid...

As for Izzy - as much as he is right - he shouldn't be defended that much. Is it THAT hard to swallow your ego and APPEAR at ONE appearance along with Adler?

No one really needed Steven full time - they could have used him along with Sorum - they would play for change. Kick out Melissa and use her salary for these tow...

Unless Steven has developed mind-reading skills, he can only speak for himself.  My guess is that Izzy is done with Gn'R for good (and is not heartbroken in any way)

I would've loved seeing the classic lineup live  (I've never have) but no amount of interviews with Steven is going to make it happen. 

1 hour ago, starlight said:

it looks like he just came out of a gay club

Kuvahaun tulos haulle not that there's anything wrong with that meme

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ah. Everytime this gets discussed on this forum I never really know who's position I take. Quite often I seem to get shit from both sides :lol:.

It's a lose-lose situation. On one hand, Steven was the original drummer. The songs, with an almost unanimous opinion among Guns fans, sound better with him on them in comparison to Frank. I get it. In a perfect world, he should be up there.

But this isn't a perfect world. Adler is a liability and as much I wish he could part of it, I understand logistically why he can't. Before I get any angry replies, this is not hate. It is a pure fact that Steven would have brought some level of drama to this tour. Look how many times a year in '16, '17, and '18 he complained in some form or fashion about the current Guns lineup. These articles pop up every few weeks. This is not the type of tour that needs drama surrounding it. Unfortunately, the Guns situation since 1997 is "you either agree with it and deal or your you cannot be in the band." 

Not only that but Frank, as much as I don't like his sound, is a person who has been in the band for a decade, chosen by Axl (and debatebly Slash and Duff for the purposes of this reunion tour) and has performed on the newest record and live DVD. He is very much a member of this band and it would be unlikely Axl, whom is very loyal to his friends and bandmates, would give him the boot for Adler, who is arguably a major risk and isn't even on the greatest terms with him.

I think they actually made the right decision to give him guest performances here and there (excluding the South America fiasco which was pure mistreatment and I'll easily give the Adler-side that point). It's somewhat of a middle ground.

The big 3, while their main focus may be monetary, know better than any of us unfortunately. They know all the facts and they know Adler a person more than any of us will. It sucks, but it's time to move on and accept it for what it is.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

He's right.

No he's not.

He's just speaking his mind about people in his own life and his own situation.

He shouldn't be allowed.

Maybe he shouldn't if he wants to be strategic but that's up to him. He shouldn't need permission.

Axl is GNR Steven is just a drummer and drug addict.

No, Axl is a big part of GNR but GNR is GNR.

You're all entitled.

I WANT A FUCKING NEW ALBUM ALREADY.

Out of likes.👏👏👏👏

I wonder what happened behind closed doors during the 2015/2016 negotiations, I would love to know.  Until then I am here not about to cast judgement on Adler/Izzy or the big 3, although I can easily imagine the types of disagreements that were had.