STEVEN ADLER: "Izzy is just as heartbroken as I am that the three of them decided to leave us out and bring three strangers in–who are those people?"

18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

For all the lameness of Adler's salesmanship, a poster with Appetite lettering scheme and 1980s photo of Adler, ''performing Appetite for Destruction in full'' etc. - and trust me, I cringed at this stuff also - he is still apparently recording a new song ahead of the Australian tour which makes him that much less nostalgic than Rose. 

WHen did he say this?

2 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I never lost interest in this band, I went through personal issues that prevented me from being online for several years, so no I never said that. My feelings never waivered in regard to this band. 

I did have tickets to 2 shows in 2002 and 2006 to shows that were cancelled. I don't  claim to support them, as you put it....I 100% support them and always will. 🙄  Just because I was not logistically or financially able to make it to the shows during that time, has no bearing on anything, and quite honestly, is none of your business 😣

Sorry out of likes :headbang:👏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Italian girl said:

and I was the boring one with my tricks with @Oldest Goat :rofl-lol:

34 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Yes  @Italian girl you don't forgot that had people with free pass , you are right👍

29 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Are you saying I have a free pass? For what? To be boring? Maybe so. :lol:

MyConfusionForum.com

P.S. This band has a free pass to be boring as fuck.

No one has a free pass as far as I'm concerned -_-

3 hours ago, Padme said:

I'm not asking you to write an essay. I just wasnt to know what you like about NuGN'R. You like RIR 2011? You miss Pitman? You like Tommy more than Duff? You like Ashba and Buckethead more than Slash? You think Axl voice was better back in those days?

There's no such thing as "NuGN'R", the band is called Guns N Roses and @BlueJeanBaby is clearly a fan of THAT band.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Padme said:

I'm not asking you to write an essay. I just wasnt to know what you like about NuGN'R. You like RIR 2011? You miss Pitman? You like Tommy more than Duff? You like Ashba and Buckethead more than Slash? You think Axl voice was better back in those days?

You are asking a bunch of loaded questions to that poster though, and that is not productive at all.  

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

I like about half of the songs on CD too. It's not GnR to me, but that's okay. I judge the music, not the name on the cover

I am the same way, I don't think of it as "the" GNR necessarily, but all in all it is just a name.  I think that people here get too caught up on the name and the semantics of what "real" GNR is.  For some people all of it is real GNR, for some it was GNR up until Steven left, for some it was when Izzy left, for some it wasn't GNR until Slash and Duff came back recently and for others it still isn't the "real" GNR.  Like, all in all none of what we think is "real" GNR matters and therefore I think it is silly to give a shit about what anyone things about it lol just you do you and enjoy the tunes

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

You are asking a bunch of loaded questions to that poster though, and that is not productive at all.  

This whole thread isn't productive and only going in circles and over old long ago discussed shit.

13 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Do you live in a parallel universe or what? He turned one of the biggest bands ever into a Las Vegas act and then HE HAD TO CALL SLASH (the guy he called a cancer) to come back and put the band back on top because he failed massively to do that on his own.

Like it or not, GNR without Slash is a ridiculous abomination. Like it or not, Axl tried to prove otherwise but proved exactly that.

I expect all the 5 GNR guys to play as many GNR songs as they want. The thing is, Axl is one of the two members of the band who barely did anything at all after the Illusions tour and had to live almost exclusively off those all songs. Yet some fans criticize Slash for playing a couple of songs as if there was anything wrong with that...

Of course they do. What they don't want is to hear the exact same songs for 25 years...

In normal bands, albums get released and setlists vary with time. In Axl's band, setlist is always the same and lineups vary.

Sure, man. You were right and the entire world was wrong. Bumblefoot, DJ, Ferrer and Pitman were better than the real deal but some conspiracy against Axl didn't allow them to show it. They wrote 10 albums better than Appetite but the record label kept them in the vault so people couldn't see how much better that band was than the real one, the one that created all the material people pays to hear.

Slash is so lucky GNR became fashion again right at the same time he decided to come back. King of timing.

This post should be fixed at the forum's banner.

• Thanks 1

I think one element that nobody has ever considered properly is that although the sum of the 5 is greater than each one individually 

I think the combo of Axl and Izzy is a better one that Axl and Slash - this is relative to song writing and the pure bare bones of what is GNR - the other 3 guys in are what makes this page and plant combo in surpassing zeppelin in strength 

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

And yet even Axl called it a new band, despite trying to pretend it's Guns 'N Roses.

Yeah, new players, new band. Not a band called "NuGnr". The band is called Guns N Roses, even the line up's you didn't like it. Suck it up, sugar tits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

No one here insults Axl just to insult him. The criticism of him is deserved and brought on only by himself. 

Just like people occasionally insult Steven just to insult him, insult Trump just to insult him, insult Nickelback just to insult them, so am I sure people, occasionally, throw insults at Axl that wasn't really relevant to the topic at hand or warranted. It's just normal. Let's not be naive about it. Everybody deserves criticism now and then, and Axl is a very good example of that, but that doesn't mean every critique is justified nor well-placed. And again, this is equally valid for Steven or Slash or Dj or Bumblefoot or Frank or anyone else. They all get deserved criticism, and then a whole lot of undeserved criticism from people who either just like to criticize or who wants to get a rise from another part of the fanbase.

What you are basically saying, is that it is not possible to shovel unfair criticism at Axl. And that's a pretty odd position to take from a moderator on a fan forum. It doesn't really send the right signal, you know?

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I just got around to actually reading the article.  It wasn't even bad and he didn't come off as "whiny"..  I know some people just get off on trashing the guy but anyone chastising him over this interview is being a bit over dramatic. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, Tonto said:

Yeah, new players, new band. Not a band called "NuGnr". The band is called Guns N Roses, even the line up's you didn't like it. Suck it up, sugar tits.

Only fools would believe the band was called "NuGN'R" :facepalm:

OBVIOUSLY, it is an euphemism and a codename that fans use, informally, to discuss that period of the band post 1997.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Just like people occasionally insult Steven just to insult him, insult Trump just to insult him, insult Nickelback just to insult them, so am I sure people, occasionally, throw insults at Axl that wasn't really relevant to the topic at hand or warranted. It's just normal. Let's not be naive about it. Everybody deserves criticism now and then, and Axl is a very good example of that, but that doesn't mean every critique is justified nor well-placed. And again, this is equally valid for Steven or Slash or Dj or Bumblefoot or Frank or anyone else. They all get deserved criticism, and then a whole lot of undeserved criticism from people who either just like to criticize or who wants to get a rise from another part of the fanbase.

This.

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Are you saying I have a free pass? For what? To be boring? Maybe so. :lol:

MyConfusionForum.com

P.S. This band has a free pass to be boring as fuck.

No, i guess you know who i refer....😒

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

No one here insults Axl just to insult him. The criticism of him is deserved and brought on only by himself. 

Opinions vary there. 

36 minutes ago, Tonto said:

Exactly- Well said. :thumbsup:

• Like 1