STEVEN ADLER: "Izzy is just as heartbroken as I am that the three of them decided to leave us out and bring three strangers in–who are those people?"

31 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Just like people occasionally insult Steven just to insult him, insult Trump just to insult him, insult Nickelback just to insult them, so am I sure people, occasionally, throw insults at Axl that wasn't really relevant to the topic at hand or warranted. It's just normal. Let's not be naive about it. Everybody deserves criticism now and then, and Axl is a very good example of that, but that doesn't mean every critique is justified nor well-placed. And again, this is equally valid for Steven or Slash or Dj or Bumblefoot or Frank or anyone else. They all get deserved criticism, and then a whole lot of undeserved criticism from people who either just like to criticize or who wants to get a rise from another part of the fanbase.

What you are basically saying, is that it is not possible to shovel unfair criticism at Axl. And that's a pretty odd position to take from a moderator on a fan forum. It doesn't really send the right signal, you know?

Out of likes- Agree with this completely. :thumbsup:

47 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I just got around to actually reading the article.  It wasn't even bad and he didn't come off as "whiny"..  I know some people just get off on trashing the guy but anyone chastising him over this interview is being a bit over dramatic. 

That's kinda how it works here. Someone gives an interview and mentions the band for five seconds because they got asked a question about the band, that quote gets pulled out and someone makes a thread for it, it goes off topic on the second page, and on page 26 no one is quite sure what's going on exactly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The only true Guns is the band which folded 1993. Everything else, breakup, nugnr, semi-reunion, has been a sack of shit. 

That's subjective, there is no "true" GNR, only different lineups. I've found something to enjoy about each one. 

1 hour ago, Tonto said:

Yeah, new players, new band. Not a band called "NuGnr". The band is called Guns N Roses, even the line up's you didn't like it. Suck it up, sugar tits.

Right. Tell that to the tens of thousands of fans who didn't give a rats ass about fake GNR and now are back full force, despite ridiculous ticket prices. It's you that has to suck it up. Axl Rose is not GNR.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

Right. Tell that to the tens of thousands of fans who didn't give a rats ass about fake GNR and now are back full force, despite ridiculous ticket prices. It's you that has to suck it up. Axl Rose is not GNR.

Nobody has to "suck up" a thing, people prefer different things and shouldn't have to justify or validate their likes or dislikes. 

GNR has certainly gained a lot of fair weather fans, bandwagon fans, and lapsed fans since the 3union- nobody is arguing that. 

The fact is Axl kept GNR going all these years when it may have been easier to close up shop- so I appreciate and admire him for that. 

1 minute ago, RazorGunner said:

That's subjective, there is no "true" GNR, only different lineups. I've found something to enjoy about each one. 

Nugnr would make the ''top five biggest cons'' list in musical history, alongside

- Kiss recording a ''reunion album'' without the reunited line-up, but a bunch of hacks

- posthumous Michael Jackson albums with newly written songs featuring a ''Michael Jackson sound-alike''

- the current trend for holograms of the deceased (e.g., Dio, Roy Orbison).

- ''Lynottless'' Thin Lizzy (at least they finally changed their name to Black Star Riders).

Nugnr would certainly make that list of fakery. I wouldn't say it would be number one as at least it had 1/5th of Guns N' Roses present but it would certainly make the top five. 

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Nugnr would make the ''top five biggest cons'' list in musical history, alongside

- Kiss recording a ''reunion album'' without the reunited line-up, but a bunch of hacks

- posthumous Michael Jackson albums with newly written songs featuring a ''Michael Jackson sound-alike''

- ''Lynottless'' Thin Lizzy (at least they finally changed their name to Black Star Riders).

Nugnr would certainly make that list of fakery. I wouldn't say it would be number one as at least it had 1/5th of Guns N' Roses present but it would certainly make the top five. 

That's merely your opinion no matter how many musical groups and events/situations you list as an attempt to validate it. 

Others view it differently and appreciate all the hell Axl went through keeping GNR alive all these years and Chinese Democracy is one of my favorite albums from any group ever.

Edited by RazorGunner

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

No one here insults Axl just to insult him. The criticism of him is deserved and brought on only by himself. 

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Just like people occasionally insult Steven just to insult him, insult Trump just to insult him, insult Nickelback just to insult them, so am I sure people, occasionally, throw insults at Axl that wasn't really relevant to the topic at hand or warranted. It's just normal. Let's not be naive about it. Everybody deserves criticism now and then, and Axl is a very good example of that, but that doesn't mean every critique is justified nor well-placed. And again, this is equally valid for Steven or Slash or Dj or Bumblefoot or Frank or anyone else. They all get deserved criticism, and then a whole lot of undeserved criticism from people who either just like to criticize or who wants to get a rise from another part of the fanbase.

What you are basically saying, is that it is not possible to shovel unfair criticism at Axl. And that's a pretty odd position to take from a moderator on a fan forum. It doesn't really send the right signal, you know?

Generally speaking, I agree neither member of the band should be insulted or disrespected.

In this case however, if you check, the guy who complained about Axl being insulted made a comment about Steven and then I took that comment and replaced Steven with Axl because his argument applied to Axl just as well as it applied to Steven. So, if that guy considered my comment to be an insult to Axl (it wasn't), that means he was the one insulting a member in the first place...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

That's merely your opinion no matter how many musical groups and events/situations you list as an attempt to validate it. 

Others view it differently and appreciate all the hell Axl went through keeping GNR alive all these years and Chinese Democracy is one of my favorite albums from any group ever.

Sitting on your arse fiddling with overdubs at four in the morning using up $13 of the record company's dosh?

1 minute ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Generally speaking, I agree neither member of the band should be insulted or disrespected.

In this case however, if you check, the guy who complained about Axl being insulted made a comment about Steven and then I took that comment and replaced Steven with Axl because his argument applied to Axl just as well as it applied to Steven. So, if that guy considered my comment to be an insult to Axl (it wasn't), that means he was the one insulting a member in the first place...

I admittedly am weary of Adler's victim mentality and 25 years of whining regarding all things GNR. Same old story, same old song and dance about being sober when it's not the truth. Blah, Blah to eternity. 

To honestly compare Adler's issues to Axl is more than a bit delusional and shows a clear agenda and a propensity to find fault with Axl, I'm admittedly very pro Axl and GNR though.;) 

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Sitting on your arse fiddling with overdubs at four in the morning using up $13 of the record company's dosh?

What a negatively slanted bit of refuse hyperbole this is :lol:

People have different perspectives about how all that went down, we obviously disagree on several levels. Let's agree to disagree and move on. :) 

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I feel that, in some cases, it's even more complex than that and there's something underneath the underneath; which doesn't really have to do with being emotional about Steven (or even with loving AFD, for that matter), but with emotions about Axl.

Somewhere there's a link here between Blackstar's excellent observation and the point @RazorGunner  makes, which I think would make a great separate thread.

I'm not judging his point by the way, but it did make me stop and ask myself: do I admire Axl for keeping GNR going, or not?  

I'm not going to speak for anyone else, but for myself, I will admit to having mixed emotions about it.  To add to my own personal confusion, I'm a big fan of CD, but increasingly, I wish he'd not released it under the GNR name.

4 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

Nobody has to "suck up" a thing, people prefer different things and shouldn't have to justify or validate their likes or dislikes. 

GNR has certainly gained a lot of fair weather fans, bandwagon fans, and lapsed fans since the 3union- nobody is arguing that. 

The fact is Axl kept GNR going all these years when it may have been easier to close up shop- so I appreciate and admire him for that. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I was just responding to Russ, I had no idea what came before.

48 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

In your opinion.

Its not a fact nor do other people share that opinion.

Unfortunately time and time again these threads get high jacked by the same posters.

Each thread has a different content and discussion matter, but these people revert back to the same point of view and moving away from the topic at hand.

We are just fans and have no connection to the band,.the bands inner workings or what goes on in each individual band members  mind or thought process in the past, present or future.

We get it. You like, admire, believe they are better musicians and would  like the original 5 to reform.

You dont like current members of the band, CD, Axl, the band line up during 2000 to 2016, how Richard plays his guitar, Melissa as shes not rock enough, dont like keyboards or effects on songs the list goes on.

You either except that current state of the band, listen or watch recordings from past line ups or move on in life.

We are just fans and need to understand what we think does not matter as it does not  effect our lifes, family or putting food on the table or a roof over our heads.

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Wow. Lots of baseless speculation going on. As for the bolded. Then you just tell him to stfu and deal with it like a man. They only have to see him on the commute, soundcheck and show. Or do you think Axl, Slash and Duff spend that much time together or with the stand ins?

Baseless??  :lol:

Did you really think there are insiders on this forum?   Forums are based on speculation.  Besides, everything around GNR evolves around speculation.  There never was a frame or time plan that has been followed. Deal with that. I am sorry if it crashed your illusion.  ...or are you an insider!?  If so, tell us more :lol: 

18 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Its not a fact nor do other people share that opinion.

I think there are more than you think: the thousands not present at those Vegas cabaret shows might be an indicator of a sizable demographic for a start.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

9 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

Baseless??  :lol:

Did you really think there are insiders on this forum?   Forums are based on speculation.  Besides, everything around GNR evolves around speculation.  There never was a frame or time plan that has been followed. Deal with that. I am sorry if it crashed your illusion.  ...or are you an insider!?  If so, tell us more :lol: 

Yes. Baseless. Not based on facts or any indicators or Statements. Just pulled out of thin air. Wishful thinking at best.

I do not even know what you're talking about. Nowhere did I indicate that I believe there is any insider on this forum. You must be dreaming. And illusion? Again, I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Allowing users to express their opinions isn't an odd position to take. 

55 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

100% this. 

The original user was attempting to insult a past member of GNR. When that got turned around and aimed at Axl, it all of sudden became unfair in that users eyes to insult a band member. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The original user was attempting to insult a past member of GNR. When that got turned around and aimed at Axl, it all of sudden became unfair in that users eyes to insult a band member. 

This pretty much sums up all of the Steven/Izzy threads since 2016.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

"No one here insults Adler just to insult him. The criticism of him is deserved and brought on only by himself." ;)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Allowing users to express their opinions isn't an odd position to take. 

Is it just Axl that deserves all the criticism he gets here? What about Steven? Don't you think that it is theoretically possible to level unfair criticism at Axl, or is it just that that hasn't happened yet? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Derick said:

"No one here insults Adler just to insult him. The criticism of him is deserved and brought on only by himself." ;)

Usually the criticism of Adler reduces to calling him mentally retarded and drugaddict.

Wow. Clap clap for you and all the others who put people down for having become ill.

:no: