STEVEN ADLER: "Izzy is just as heartbroken as I am that the three of them decided to leave us out and bring three strangers in–who are those people?"

30 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

I admittedly am weary of Adler's victim mentality and 25 years of whining regarding all things GNR. Same old story, same old song and dance about being sober when it's not the truth. Blah, Blah to eternity. 

To honestly compare Adler's issues to Axl is more than a bit delusional and shows a clear agenda and a propensity to find fault with Axl, I'm admittedly very pro Axl and GNR though.;) 

So you admit to be against Steven and to be a pro Axl but I'm the one with an agenda?

I didn't compare their issues, they both have very different issues but they both have issues and that's the point. Both of them have issues, yet some people act like Steven is a walking issue and Axl is perfect and can do no wrong.

At least I can say I'm not claiming Axl is bi-polar or something like that without proof, unlike what you do regarding Steven's sobriety...

24 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Unfortunately time and time again these threads get high jacked by the same posters.

Yeah, the ones who come up talking shit about Steven and bringing the same 30 year old stories.

32 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Somewhere there's a link here between Blackstar's excellent observation and the point @RazorGunner  makes, which I think would make a great separate thread.

I'm not judging his point by the way, but it did make me stop and ask myself: do I admire Axl for keeping GNR going, or not?  

I'm not going to speak for anyone else, but for myself, I will admit to having mixed emotions about it.  To add to my own personal confusion, I'm a big fan of CD, but increasingly, I wish he'd not released it under the GNR name.

But what's there to admire? He owned the name of one of the biggest bands ever and decided to use it without any of the people who gave value to that name (along with himself, of course).

Personally, I wouldn't have any kind of appreciation for the use of the name without the actual band being involved but it would have been different if Axl at least gave it a decent use. Instead he released just ONE album and started affecting the band's legacy and reputation until the point where he became a Las Vegas act and had to call Slash back, the thing he said he would never do.

What I don't understand is what was positive of "keeping the name alive". Everyone who loves Axl would have supported him in a solo project, I went to see him 3 times despite being against his use of the name and bought his album (and love most of it). He didn't add any value to GNR's legacy between 2000 and 2014 and put his musicians and fans in an odd position. Buckethead or Finck or anyone else should have never been Slash's replacements, they should have been the people Axl chose for his project, it would have been easier and better that way.

6 minutes ago, Derick said:

"No one here insults Adler just to insult him. The criticism of him is deserved and brought on only by himself." ;)

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Is it just Axl that deserves all the criticism he gets here? What about Steven? Don't you think that it is theoretically possible to level unfair criticism at Axl, or is it just that that hasn't happened yet? 

Did Russ ever forbid criticizing Steven? The fact that you're saying this to him is hilarious considering how big of an Axl fan he is and how he likes Frank Ferrer more than Steven (which is the biggest insult Steven could ever recieve :lol:).

• GNFNR 1

43 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

Baseless??  :lol:

Did you really think there are insiders on this forum?   Forums are based on speculation.  Besides, everything around GNR evolves around speculation.  There never was a frame or time plan that has been followed. Deal with that. I am sorry if it crashed your illusion.  ...or are you an insider!?  If so, tell us more :lol: 

However there is a difference between speculation and being an asshat who thinks they know everything and use that false sense of knowledge to bash Steven or the "big 3" in a way that seems silly.  Lots of people prefer to do the second one though so hey good for them lol.  Not that they aren't entitled to do so, I just find it more amusing at this point

Edited by WhazUp

1 minute ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Did Russ ever forbid criticizing Steven? The fact that you're saying this to him is hilarious considering how big of an Axl fan he is and how he likes Frank Ferrer more than Steven (which is the biggest insult Steven could ever recieve :lol:).

I am asking because I am curious about whether it is this forum's policy that it is only all criticism of Axl that is deserved and fair, or whether this attitude extends to all band members. I do find it odd that a moderator would defend his position by pointing to freedom of speech, that kinda undermines the function of a moderator. 

I have no idea what Russ personally thinks of the various members, and I frankly don't care,I trust that he is objective and unbiased in his role. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Usually the criticism of Adler reduces to calling him mentally retarded and drugaddict.

Wow. Clap clap for you and all the others who put people down for having become ill.

:no:

Yeah, As if Axl were mentally healthy and did not have his demons too...If you and RussTCB choose to ignore a few facts to try to validate your obsessive witch hunt ..Go ahead! Clap clap to you too guys. ;)

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I am asking because I am curious about whether it is this forum's policy that it is only all criticism of Axl that is deserved and fair, or whether this attitude extends to all band members. I do find it odd that a moderator would defend his position by pointing to freedom of speech, that kinda undermines the function of a moderator. 

I have no idea what Russ personally thinks of the various members, and I frankly don't care,I trust that he is objective and unbiased in his role. 

If you choose to attack and offend Axl you will have protection over here, as simple as that.

2 minutes ago, Derick said:

Yeah, As if Axl were mentally healthy and did not have his demons too...If you and RussTCB choose to ignore a few facts to try to validate your obsessive witch hunt ..Go ahead! Clap clap to you too guys. ;)

You didnt understand what I said :facepalm:

I have no idea which are Axl's mental problems but if I knew he had a disease or an addiction, I wouldnt use that as an argument to criticize him when we are discussing mostly CAREERS, not personal lives.

Most of criticism done in this particular thread about Axl is all related to his professional choices and career decisions. I have not seen people calling him names or using personal problems to insult him, like some forum posters do with Steven, calling him mentally handicapped or spreading the idea that he is still a drugaddict.

I dunno what you mean by me and Russ ignoring facts. Talk straight or say nothing. 

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Well, then the answer is no. Every member of the band can be criticized and the mods shouldn't tell you anything about it as long as you're being respectful and you're staying on subject.

Why you think this is something against Axl in a Steven bashfest of 27 pages is beyond me.

4 minutes ago, Derick said:

If you choose to attack and offend Axl you will have protection over here, as simple as that.

How many people got banned for "attacking and offending" Steven or Izzy or Slash? Yeah, that's what I thought.

You're a disgrace, you come to a forum where you're allowed to express your opinion and then talk shit about the forum with made up shit no one would believe.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

How many people got banned for "attacking and offending" Steven or Izzy or Slash? Yeah, that's what I thought.

You're a disgrace, you come to a forum where you're allowed to express your opinion and then talk shit about the forum with made up shit no one would believe.

Do you want to bet that you will not be warned about it? Anyway, they don´t need to be banned, just reprimanded or RussTCB, as moderator, comes and tries to justify any attack on Axl and calls it an insult when talking about Adler(Just read the previous posts). Or when he "innocent" the protected ones and puts in the corner those who have the same behavior but are opposites "sides". Belive me, people notice that!

2 minutes ago, Derick said:

Do you want to bet that you will not be warned about it? Anyway, they don´t need to be banned, just reprimanded or RussTCB, as moderator, comes and tries to justify any attack on Axl and calls it an insult when talking about Adler(Just read the previous posts). Or when he "innocent" the protected ones and puts in the corner those who have the same behavior but are opposites "sides". Belive me, people notice that!

Who are the "protected ones"? :question:

Now that you are opening up your mouth go ahead and say names. If this thread is going down to hell, then be clear about the things you say.

You and all the other posters who keep implying there are people with protection, it is your time to set the record straight.

The whole forum wants to know now!

• GNFNR 1

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Is this the kind of Fake News that gets spread over PM by the same group of renegades? :lol:

There´s a group of renegades? I want to join them now!!!:headbang:  @BorderlineCrazy Did you see? There's even a group of renegades, man!

Just now, killuridols said:

Who are the "protected ones"? :question:

Now that you are opening up your mouth go ahead and say names. If this thread is going down to hell, then be clear about the things you say.

You and all the other posters who keep implying there are people with protection, it is your time to set the record straight.

The whole forum wants to know now!

You are the number 1, chica!;)

44 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

However there is a difference between speculation and being an asshat who thinks they know everything and use that false sense of knowledge to bash Steven or the "big 3" in a way that seems silly.  Lots of people prefer to do the second one though so hey good for them lol.  Not that they aren't entitled to do so, I just find it more amusing at this point

Dude...it is what it is. it is an internet forum. why do you care who bashes who?  deep inside those guys probably care abot each other more than they care about you and tgey earned a fortune.

internet forums are 99% based on speculation and everyone is entitled to their opinion. bottom line.

2 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

internet forums are 99% based on speculation and everyone is entitled to their opinion. bottom line.

Which is why I entitled as well, to point out whenever someone, instead of speculation, goes off on a totally illogical direction in a ridiculous manner.  Which there has been plenty of in these 28 pages lol

Edited by WhazUp

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. Baseless. Not based on facts or any indicators or Statements. Just pulled out of thin air. Wishful thinking at best.

I do not even know what you're talking about. Nowhere did I indicate that I believe there is any insider on this forum. You must be dreaming. And illusion? Again, I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Mr. Know it all, I am glad you are complaining but although I tried hard, I haven't got a fucking idea what you are trying to say.

you are not an insider, but call speculation - baseles!? This is fucking internet forum, 99% stuff here is based on speculation. the shit you wrote here is speculation.   Speculation = baseless. so agree and accept ppl are entitled to their opinion or take a hike

4 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

Speculation = baseless. so agree and accept ppl are entitled to their opinion

You seem to have an issue with people simply pointing out logical flaws in said speculation.  Nobody is saying people aren't entitled to opinions - however if someone says something that is really stupid or very bitter based on nothing, hell yeah I am gonna point out the flaw in that

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

Only fools would believe the band was called "NuGN'R" :facepalm:

OBVIOUSLY, it is an euphemism and a codename that fans use, informally, to discuss that period of the band post 1997.

The band is called Guns N Roses. Keep up with the matter being discussed, it's called context, no one is interested in your straw men.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Right. Tell that to the tens of thousands of fans who didn't give a rats ass about fake GNR and now are back full force, despite ridiculous ticket prices. It's you that has to suck it up. Axl Rose is not GNR.

Never said Axl was GN'R, never said the current line up was more successful than previous lineups or less. Learn how conversations work before attempting to have one.

Edited by Tonto