STEVEN ADLER: "Izzy is just as heartbroken as I am that the three of them decided to leave us out and bring three strangers in–who are those people?"

35 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

Very true, but the issue(s) between Axl and Slash don't have anything to do with Adler. 

I'm personally very glad that Slash and Axl found a way to get past all the problems and work together again. 

The smart business decision would be to keep Adler far away from GNR, despite all the newfound nostalgia fans he has now that weren't around when he was fired, there wasn't much of a reaction at all then- but the internet wasn't around then either. 

I seem to remember people saying, ''who's this chump'' when Sorum arrived and disliking Sorum's drumming. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Slash has done the exact same thing - check any interview of his post '97-2012. Slash has even backstabbed Duff and Matt to Beta of all people (allegedly). One minute he has no resentment, the next minute he hates the redhead and his own bandmates in VR. One minute he's clean, the next minute he's in rehab. Feelings are complicated and old habits are hard to kick. The only guy with a shred of integrity that hasn't acted like a hypocrite in this band is Izzy. 

Your point is noted about Steven being more susceptible to substance abuse than any of the others though. I'd agree there.

Anyone who tells Axl the truth and confronts his BS is a handful whether it's Steven, Matt, Izzy, Alan Niven, Slash, or Duff. Anyone who is a yes-man for Axl is always preferable. This is a well documented fact that each and every original GnR member has confirmed about Axl in various interviews over the years. If they haven't contractually muzzled Steven, he will speak. Izzy won't because he's more than likely done with all of them and no longer cares. 

This is a weak excuse. Maybe Izzy is enjoying semi-retirement, something Axl was enjoying from 1994-2002. Him not needing to tour (which is generally financially motivated) is not really evidence that he's not up for doing a tour under the right circumstances and for the right reasons. Reliability issues ( a farce but I digress) can be solved with an airtight contract which I guarantee is what Slash and Duff have as a hedge against Axl going diva on NITL.

Maybe there is no future for Adler in GnR and that's why he's speaking his mind now. For him to be talking like this, it means that all doors to GnR are shut. He rejected whatever pennies they threw at him to show up and play one song at a random gig overseas. Steven finally found some self-respect and is done with GnR (as it currently stands anyway) would be what I infer from the recent run of interviews.

Look Adler has said similar things since he joined Guns on stage, and guess what... he walked them back when he realised what he said and the repercussions, and went on to say "I'd love to play with them again, Richards a great guy, Frank's so nice and a great drummer." blah, blah. This is Adler talking without thinking, a taste of what he's like behind closed doors maybe. We can all paint Axl and the rest of the band as the big bad guys, who just don't want to give the fans what they "deserve", but what's more likely is that Steven says and does stupid shit and aggravates people, so going out with him for multiple months in a row would be almost impossible, unless everybody was cut off from each other. So we can talk about self-respect and credibility, but let's give it a few weeks to see if history repeats itself. 

As for Izzy, if he's enjoying semi-retirement like you suggest, then my logic of not having an interest in touring his solo material in any proper way in the last 20+ years, is a clear indicator of his feelings towards touring, SO if he was asked I'd find it hard to believe that he'd be over the moon to be doing 100+ dates a year for the guts of 2.5 years. But yeh, like you said he was probably just waiting all this time for Axl and Slash to make up, he'd rejoin and everybody would be best of friends all over again, touring the world ;) 

Bumbles advice for Guns fans, all those years ago was to enjoy it for what it is. He basically laid it out for all of us and said, the vision we and he had for GNR was never going to happen, so just get what you can from it or go and enjoy something else.

Finally GNR are not that bad, Van Halen made Michael Anthony sign over his publishing in order to be allowed to tour with them on the Van Hagar reunion run... THAT'S greed, that's a prick move. The deal they offered Izzy and Steven may have been soft, but in comparison to that GNR come off as saints.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

The least Axl and the others could do for Izzy and Steven and the fans is a handful or even a one-off AFD5 show and pay Steven and Izzy handsomely/fairly. End on a bit of a high note god damn it. Maintain some dignity instead of just being money-grubbing cunts who fuck over their friends for even more money and then if they must; continue on with Fortus, Frank and Reese.

"They can't do even one AFD5 show because then everyone will want that all the time." Wait a minute I thought the line was "Nobody cares about Izzy or Steven outside of this forum." You can't have it both ways.

The bottom line is Guns N' Roses do not give a flying fuck about their hardcore fanbase(us). They don't even release things that would require little to no effort like blu-rays and rarities lol.

Be a fan; not a fanatic. Sycophants make me sick, they barely get my pity.

#RealTalk #Logic&Reason #TeamRONIN :lol:

P.S. I firmly believe in the old saying "Never meet your heroes."

Reveal hidden contents

:lol:

That's a stretch to say anyone here is saying people don't care about Izzy and Steven outside of this forum. Obviously they do, there's a lot of people who would be interested in a classic 5 show, and I'm sure when the dust has settled for good on the NITL tour, maybe promoters would have approached the band about doing such a thing for a one off show. 

Problem is that you guys talk about not using logic and fanatics and you're not referring to yourselves :D The people who just get on with what we're given are the more balanced viewpoint. Nobody is arguing that the current version of GNR is better than the AFD band. 

My logic is that the people whinging have been nothing but negative about having 3 out of the 5 back together, they'll likely whinge as much or more if they do get all 5... GNR can't win, and it's not their job to tailor to a minority of fans. The stats suggest that the current line up does good business and that people are happy with what they are being offered. A few thousand people online who complain are not a big worry for GNR. And you are 100% right about GNR not giving a shit about their hardcore fans, and that is another reason why you need to give up on them giving you your idea of what GNR should be in 2018. 

Finally "money-grubbing cunts who fuck over their friends for even more money" who said they were friends? as is proven time and time again in the music industry these bands are not friends. Give up on the idea of gangs, friends and come to the realisation that it's all about ego and money.... and a very, very, very distant third is usually creativity, but not for GNR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

There is a valid counter-argument here though, imo. Let's assume that they did that one show, at the Troubadour or as an anniversary show at The Apollo. Do you think that the hardcore AFD5 fan base would be fine if that show was followed or continued by the "lame" NITL shows with the hired hands? I think not, and people who say they would have to be honest as well.*

That AFD5 hypothetic show should have been the last of the NITL tour, on the date of AFD 30th anniversary. This way they could have prevented the whining afterwards if tour had continued with the hacks.

Something like the cherry on the pie...... and yes, many would have been disappointed, crying about not being able to attend it or why a "one-time-show" only? But all in all, the burden would have been off their shoulders forever, especially Axl's shoulder.

I still think this AFD5 could happen sometime in the future, hopefully not too late that it catches them reduced to AFD4 or AFD3 :unsure: but it could be their farewell to retirement.

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I still think this AFD5 could happen sometime in the future, hopefully not too late that it catches them reduced to AFD4 or AFD3 :unsure: but it could be their farewell to retirement.

Yes, I've had the same thought - it's possible that they'll do the AFD reunion when they they think it's time to retire.

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

That AFD5 hypothetic show should have been the last of the NITL tour, on the date of AFD 30th anniversary. This way they could have prevented the whining afterwards if tour had continued with the hacks.

Something like the cherry on the pie...... and yes, many would have been disappointed, crying about not being able to attend it or why a "one-time-show" only? But all in all, the burden would have been off their shoulders forever, especially Axl's shoulder.

If it was the last show, then everyone would be wondering 'is that going to be the line up when they show up next' and eventually as dates start getting announced, anticipation builds until day one of the new tour and it's Frank, Richard and Melissa with no sign of the other two... it's bound to be a shit storm online. Let's face it we all know that's exactly what would happen :P 

Right now, people who go to guns shows aren't as clued in about classic 5, but show them it once and suddenly that'll be all that's talked about in the media, especially if it isn't continued. The talk would centre about why they aren't there "is there a feud", and because GNR don't do interviews, they'll pull Niven and a few others with past associations, out from the wood work for a quote and stir things up and make their own story. We know how this whole thing plays out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I seem to remember people saying, ''who's this chump'' when Sorum arrived and disliking Sorum's drumming. 

I don't recall anyone uttering those exact words. 

My point was that when Adler was fired, there wasn't nearly the number of fans interested in the event, it was an announcement on MTV, and a byline in some magazines- nothing more. 

The nostalgia-fueled fans rabidly campaigning for Adler hadn't materialized yet, nor had the internet. 

7 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

If it was the last show, then everyone would be wondering 'is that going to be the line up when they show up next' and eventually as dates start getting announced, anticipation builds until day one of the new tour and it's Frank, Richard and Melissa with no sign of the other two... it's bound to be a shit storm online. Let's face it we all know that's exactly what would happen :P 

If the show had been promoted as a "one-time" thing, there's no reason for people to project further than that. We all would know that would be the chance to see AFD5, take it or leave it, if you've got the money honey we've got your disease! :lol:

A new tour after that last show would take several years or at least a couple years to come into fruition. It's the same situation with the current tour.... What makes you think the hacks, especially Melissa, will be on stand-by until Slash is done with his solo band and Axl with AC/DC?

Come on, I think this is the end of this semi-reunion for quite some time.

16 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Right now, people who go to guns shows aren't as clued in about classic 5, but show them it once and suddenly that'll be all that's talked about in the media, especially if it isn't continued. The talk would centre about why they aren't there "is there a feud", and because GNR don't do interviews, they'll pull Niven and a few others with past associations, out from the wood work for a quote and stir things up and make their own story. We know how this whole thing plays out.

Nah. Your imagination is too wild. Lol.

Like I said, if a one-time-only show is promoted as such, the craziest shit that would happen is people going nuts trying to get a ticket and complaining about not making it, or demanding that they do more shows like that one.

Actually, an AFD5 show would speak for itself and clear all doubts about "feuds" and whatnot.

22 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Steven was the best drummer GNR ever had, and has the style that defines the GNR sound (to most, at least)... that being said... he was fired 30 years ago and has had plenty of time to do something else with his life. Let. It. Go. 

If his talent were that extraordinary and uncommon, bands would have been clamoring to use him, despite his issues- we all know that wasn't the case. Even alumni only allowed him to play sparingly on their various projects. 

It's way past the time to let it go, 25 years of moaning, whining, denying blame, demonizing others and playing the victim is seriously tiring.  :facepalm:

1 hour ago, RazorGunner said:

If his talent were that extraordinary and uncommon, bands would have been clamoring to use him, despite his issues- we all know that wasn't the case. Even alumni only allowed him to play sparingly on their various projects. 

It's way past the time to let it go, 25 years of moaning, whining, denying blame, demonizing others and playing the victim is seriously tiring.  :facepalm:

He is saying Steven was GNRs best drummer not because he is such a good drummer, but because his style perfectly fit the band. He is not really that great a drummer compared to others, but even drummers who youd think would be prolific musicians (Frank), have a hard time recreating his style. I do prefer his style over Sorums though, Steven and Brain are imo tied for the best GNR drummer.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

51 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

1. No, it's not. Some people say that.

2. Hopefully, but I doubt it will happen.

3. Does coming here and having futile hopes for a new album and wishing(not expecting) things worked out better make me fanatical? I don't think so. I've stupidly gotten sucked into this endless debate that I mocked at the beginning of the thread though lol. So, I'll accept idiot but not fanatic, thank you very much! :lol:

4. I'm one of the ones whinging, aren't I? So are you directing this at me? I don't think it's fair to say myself or the others have been nothing but negative. We'll likely whinge as much or more if we get what we want? That doesn't make any sense mate. Why do you say that? In my opinion, I think they should cater more to hardcore fans, even if we're a minority. I don't give too much of a fuck for financial statistics etc. Why should I care about that and whether or not casual fans are happy when what would make me happy would in-no-way hinder them or GNR? You're right, I probably should give up and I might stop coming to the forum honestly but I get along with a lot of people on here so I'll probably stay a bit longer.

5. Slash and the others just wished Izzy a happy birthday the other day on social media so they must be friends, right?! :lol: I'm not saying they are or they aren't, I just call things as I see them or how I think they should be, everything I ever say is merely my opinion I just can't be fucked constantly pointing that out. I don't presume to know things I don't. To me, only caring about business and money is illogical. But I know you're right that the music industry is an industry. Some people just care a little too much about the industry side, in my opinion.

I wouldn't suggest you stop coming on the forum, you like GNR... whether that's the classic line ups or new line ups it really doesn't matter.

No, I'm not really directing at you, I'm directing in a more general way. I just see a lot of people who are almost never pleased... again, I'm not saying that's you. But those type of fans are the ones that can find a fault in even the best scenario (classic 5 doing a show) "ah they should have played one in a million and this and that... the set was too predicable... where was Traci guns :P" etc. that's what I meant as a whinger. I come on here complaining about the lack of new music too (we all whinge), I'd also like to see those same things. Where we diverge is that I really don't care to see all 5 together again (beyond a collective interview for AFD reissue or something... a round table:drool:), just like I'd come to not caring if I saw Axl and Slash together again. Look, if it happens I'm not going to, not go to the show, but I'm not about to set a google alert for updates either.

If the classic line ups last show was more a whimper and people were saying the band was on the way out, I'd be more likely to be for them returning because then there's something to prove, as it stands almost everybody agrees that band was absolutely killer up until they fell apart before illusions. As I said, I prefer the idea of leaving it alone and letting it be a great memory.

Eddie Van Halen wished Sammy Hagar happy birthday on twitter, those guys are as close to enemies as it gets in the music industry... maybe they are friends but I seriously doubt they go over to each others houses for dinner parties... probably closer to an infrequent text exchange or popping up at a random show.

Some do argue that the current band is better than AFD, you are correct... but I can't speak for them, I personally think the early years we're the pinnacle... But I also think the current version of GNR isn't as good as the past two incarnations of the band (2006-2014).

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

If the show had been promoted as a "one-time" thing, there's no reason for people to project further than that. We all would know that would be the chance to see AFD5, take it or leave it, if you've got the money honey we've got your disease! :lol:

A new tour after that last show would take several years or at least a couple years to come into fruition. It's the same situation with the current tour.... What makes you think the hacks, especially Melissa, will be on stand-by until Slash is done with his solo band and Axl with AC/DC?

Come on, I think this is the end of this semi-reunion for quite some time.

Nah. Your imagination is too wild. Lol.

Like I said, if a one-time-only show is promoted as such, the craziest shit that would happen is people going nuts trying to get a ticket and complaining about not making it, or demanding that they do more shows like that one.

Actually, an AFD5 show would speak for itself and clear all doubts about "feuds" and whatnot.

Your use of "hacks" says it all. You are clearly a big fan of the band, but I think your fanaticism towards the 80s & 90s band exclusively, clouds your opinions.

Also, I absolutely guarantee that what I wrote would happen, almost word for word. When Zeppelin played the o2 in London, that was advertised as a one off show that was NOT leading to more shows, Robert was busy with Alison Krauss and there wasn't any interest in doing it on his behalf... that was 2007 we're now in 2018 and guess what ;) Plant is still being asked for more Zeppelin shows in every interview. What happened in that case (and it would definitely happen with the fanatical Guns fanbase) is that people hoped for more, and presumed the 'one off' was just a tease, it wasn't.

There's a small chance of Melissa's involvement ending after the summer if they take the following year off, but I don't see her or any of the other guys finding it too difficult to fill up their calendar until Guns comes calling again. Each and everyone of them as other projects that they can work on in their downtime. I would be absolutely shocked not to see a very similar, if not the same band back out on the road in 2020 or earlier (possibly a mini run of dates or a residency somewhere). You're imagination is obviously running wild, to think that they walk away from GNR now, after the huge success they've just had. They went for a walk in the forest and stumbled on a fountain of cash, they'll be drinking from that for as many years as they physically can. I'll eat my hat if I'm wrong.

And no, I disagree again. An AFD show wouldn't speak for itself, in the same way the NITL tour hasn't satisfied people, that the relationship between Axl-Slash-Duff is actually on friendly terms. Most fans prefer the story of feuds and in-fighting.

17 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Your use of "hacks" says it all. You are clearly a big fan of the band, but I think your fanaticism towards the 80s & 90s band exclusively, clouds your opinions.

In what sense does it cloud my opinions? :question:

I call them 'hacks' just for fun but I don't mind them. I've seen this NITL tour 3 times and I saw the nuGN'R too. I have never stopped being a fan but dude, tell me what this lineup has done aside from shows? What should I be fan of after 1993? Chinese Democracy?? Ok, but those CD guys are not even there anymore!  :facepalm::lol:

21 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

lso, I absolutely guarantee that what I wrote would happen, almost word for word. When Zeppelin played the o2 in London, that was advertised as a one off show that was NOT leading to more shows, Robert was busy with Alison Krauss and there wasn't any interest in doing it on his behalf... that was 2007 we're now in 2018 and guess what ;) Plant is still being asked for more Zeppelin shows in every interview. What happened in that case (and it would definitely happen with the fanatical Guns fanbase) is that people hoped for more, and presumed the 'one off' was just a tease, it wasn't.

Uh huh..... AND??? What is your point again? Complaining about the whiners?

Ok, complain about the complains. I'm sure there would be lots of demands after the show but I can't see what's the problem with it? Fans always demand stuff, that doesn't mean band has to paralyse themselves and not do anything for fear of criticism. They will always be criticized, for this or for that, but Plant did what was right and no one can tell him he never tried. If he's still asked about more shows with Zeppelin he can always say "been there, done that", next question. It is quite an easier answer than having to explain why he did not do it at all.

27 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

There's a small chance of Melissa's involvement ending after the summer if they take the following year off, but I don't see her or any of the other guys finding it too difficult to fill up their calendar until Guns comes calling again. Each and everyone of them as other projects that they can work on in their downtime. I would be absolutely shocked not to see a very similar, if not the same band back out on the road in 2020 or earlier (possibly a mini run of dates or a residency somewhere). You're imagination is obviously running wild, to think that they walk away from GNR now, after the huge success they've just had. They went for a walk in the forest and stumbled on a fountain of cash, they'll be drinking from that for as many years as they physically can. I'll eat my hat if I'm wrong.

Melissa is young and she would be terribly wasting her time if she decides to wait on GN'R instead of moving on with her career. With the voice she has, she is ready to fly on her own after these shows.

I don't know about the other guys because none of us know what's next for this band or even if there is a next thing. This band is not like the Rolling Stones, I really cant see Axl singing at 70. He has an "old guy" attitude, he's already a grandpa comfortable at home, walking around in slippers and a robe :lol:

Axl is not Keith Richards, not Mick Jagger... Jagger is still having children at 80 while Axl is a single cat man growing a gut beer and eating pizza.

• GNFNR 1

On 4/12/2018 at 12:39 PM, Graeme said:

I'm sure they were really welcoming to him. There's nothing worse than throwing someone's kindness back in their face, especially in public. What a dishonourable embarrassment of a man he is.

This right here^^^^

I have always brought up how he does these interviews and people think he's so nice but he's always putting people down. He seems two faced and fake at times. Sure his smile is infectious and I respect and love the contributions he made as a drummer of GnR but he proves why the band was leery about giving him more shows.

The audacity he has to act like his band will do GnR better than GnR is crazy.

In every interview he makes sure to throw shade at the band members and then smiles and says how great they are or how great it was. He also makes sure to plug Izzy's name as well.

I quite enjoyed Sorum on drums. He now pretty much has said the band was chit without him in so many words.

People this is likely what Axl meant when he said he would think everything was cool but Steven always managed to head straight to the media with his chit. I would find it hard to trust the guy as well.

I mean he acted so friendly with the 3 band members he claims not to know who they are hanging out and taking pictures now he talks badly of them. SMH I'm done with listening to him use Izzy's name and act like he is what made GnR. Being honest most fans saw GnR as GnR with Sorum as well.This doesn't diminish what he has done in the band but for me I don't see why they would bring him back.

So many were blinded by how he actually was doing this the whole time even before the reunion. He was so good at throwing in just enough nice things or being so excited and projecting how he loves the fans so much, that many overlooked the writing on the wall.

Now he is basically saying his mother kept a diary and they will answer anything is laughable. 

As far as Izzy goes I still have faith in one day.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, RazorGunner said:

I don't recall anyone uttering those exact words. 

My point was that when Adler was fired, there wasn't nearly the number of fans interested in the event, it was an announcement on MTV, and a byline in some magazines- nothing more. 

The nostalgia-fueled fans rabidly campaigning for Adler hadn't materialized yet, nor had the internet. 

There was certainly a lot of people who disliked the change in drummers at the time. It is ironic you mention ''nostalgia-fueled fans'' considering that is all the NITL is about, fueling nostalgia (that and money). Whatever the motive for retaining nugnr guys it is certainly not a motive borne from creative reasons. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Natty said:

what do you prefer ? 3 + hours show with hired hands and chinese songs or a 2 hours GNR show with all 5 guys who could have done only 1 leg each continent? 

I prefer a shorter concert with real deal than having to deal with Frank and Melissa...

NITL tour is the 4th biggest tour ever, and it's still going on. So majority of people prefer the 3+ hours shows with chinese stuff.

Those who just complain at their homes doesn't really matter much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruttu69 said:

NITL tour is the 4th biggest tour ever, and it's still going on. So majority of people prefer the 3+ hours shows with chinese stuff.

Those who just complain at their homes doesn't really matter much.

I saw 3 of the NITL shows and I am going to see 2 more this summer.

why? cause I think this is the closest thing I will get speaking of the original 5. I have no choice. at least I see 3 of them together. But it s a pity and a shame they don t do a real reunion as long as they are alive...

Am I happy? yes cause 3 of them are together again. Do I want more? (= Stevie/ Izzy)  Hell yes because life can be over anytime...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RazorGunner said:

Far too many years of his victim mentality and whining.

11 hours ago, RazorGunner said:

9 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

This is true. Only Gilby had him singing on Dead Flowers, West Arkeen on Anxious Disease and Sebastian Bach on a couple songs.

Oh wait, you were talking about Steven? My bad :ph34r:

This reply is absolute gold. It also applies to the other post I quoted above.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RONIN said:

It's always a double standard here.

Basically if you're not Axl/Slash - you need to be damn near perfect or a lot of fans will discredit you depending on the whims of their dear leaders. If Axl/Slash were on good terms with Steven you would see an instant about-face from half the people here.

If Duff wasn't a partner, I'd love to see what the comments here would be like supporting his exclusion. I can take a stab:

"Who cares about an ex-alcoholic has-been who releases crap solo albums and peddles his book and connection to punk rock to anyone who will listen. He's just in it for the money since he's a businesssman now. He's an average bass player - Tommy ( or insert random replacement) is way better."

Currently Steven is just a junkie who is always whining about the past. Funny because Slash was arguably a bigger junkie that also whined about Axl and GnR from 1995-2012. Remember his Velvet Revolver press tour for Contraband and all the whining he did about Axl and old GnR? But that guy wasn't living in the past, only Steven. Slash is still the same stuck in the past cock rocker he always was. Versatility isn't his strong-suit. He's not that different from Mullethead Steve. Just a better networker and businessman. But let's pretend otherwise. 

As for Izzy being unreliable - consider the irony of the statement given Axl's past.

Who was the first guy to submit his material for Use Your Illusion? Who was the guy showing up to rehearsals and gigs first for Illusions? He quit in part because he was sick of being the only guy who gave a shit enough to bother showing up on time. He was also sick of being the only guy in the band who cared about the fans and wanted to actually learn new songs for them when the redhead was running off to his psychic 30 minutes into a show. Slash and Duff meanwhile were content getting drunk and high. Izzy being a flake and Izzy honoring his commitments are not mutually exclusive. If he's contractually obligated, he'll be there or he gets a gigantic fine (like what Axl would face now if he tried his old tricks again).

Just have the decency to admit that you're on Team Axl or Slash and that the others aren't as important to you. At least that's a valid reason for your opinion. But throwing the other guys under the bus for reasons like being a broken record, or talking too much (yeah - that's the problem in this band, people talk way too much), being a junkie, getting injured, not being reliable, etc just seem like lame excuses. 

Also - how hard would it have been for these guys who have raked in tens of millions to throw the fans a bone and give them a single AFD 5 show - they could have even done it at the Troubador (forget dignifying AFD 5 with a stadium show) and been done with it. At least the stuck in the past fanbase who bought 30 million copies of AFD would have gotten a decent send-off party. And these are the people some of you are defending. People who don't give a fuck about the fans. Whatever Steven or Izzy are - as per Marc Canter, they've actively sought to reunite the band in the past - they cared more about it than Axl, Slash, and Duff. And Izzy does not need the money unlike Steve or any of the other 3 - he's just fine without GnR as we can all see. It is what it is folks. 

The two GnR former members that actually are interested in fan service are ironically the two people who get bagged by fans here. Classic. And for the record, Adler is not my favorite GnR drummer and I think the guy can be irritating. But the level of disrespect and lack of perspective from some fans is surprising here.

Is it that hard to believe that Axl,Slash and Duff cut out these two former members to maximize their profits? So it's more believable that Adler's back injury/annoying personality and Izzy's "reliability issues" are the main reasons they're not in this reunion? Really? :facepalm:

This post is spot on! Ronin, mate you always articulate your posts way better than most. 

• GNFNR 1

He 's desperate to have any chance of joining the band, but doing this he is knocking off his last chances to maybe join a couple of gigs in Europe next summer...

Poor Stevie :facepalm:

Edited by Ama

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

There was certainly a lot of people who disliked the change in drummers at the time. It is ironic you mention ''nostalgia-fueled fans'' considering that is all the NITL is about, fueling nostalgia (that and money). Whatever the motive for retaining nugnr guys it is certainly not a motive borne from creative reasons. 

I don’t recall anyone at the time caring about Steven being replaced. That sentiment grew on forums and only in forums.

• Like 1