Fall Out Boy: Guns N' Roses Should Record Their New Album With Skrillex or Knife Party

74089_0_wide_ver1523635150.jpg@642

As a massive Guns N' Roses fan, Fall Out Boy bassist Pete Wentz was asked by Music Feeds for his take on how the band should approach a hypothetical new album, to which he replied:

"What I think 100% is that I don't believe Guns N' Roses can do another 'Appetite for Destruction,' just like Fall Out Boy cannot do another [2003's] 'Take This to Your Grave.' Once your life is changed and you have kids... I think it would be really hard to re-box that...

"What I think would be really cool - I think it would be really cool to see one of the bigger heavy bands do something with like, Skrillex or Knife Party. 'Cause they're clearly influenced by it and it seems like something that would work really, really well together."

After the interviewer said that Skrillex opened one of the shows during GN'R's ongoing tour, Pete added:

"Oh they did, didn't they? Hey, so it could organically happen. It just seems that's the way... 'Cause there are two dangers - the danger that you stay the same forever and your thing gets smaller and more quaint. But there's also the danger of jumping the shark and just latching onto whatever's popular. But I think if you work with somebody that you organically have a relationship with, maybe you'll just come up with something that's kind cool and different."

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/fall_out_boy_guns_n_roses_should_record_their_new_album_with_skrillex_or_knife_party.html

10 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Axl would probably call Reznor first, if he wanted to do a collaboration with an electronica artist.  It worked well for David Bowie.

Doesn't Reznor dislike Axl? I thought I had read that somewhere but it was most likely a decade ago, if not longer, so he probably feels differently now.

40 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Doesn't Reznor dislike Axl? I thought I had read that somewhere but it was most likely a decade ago, if not longer, so he probably feels differently now.

Axl stole Robin Finck away from Nine Inch Nails

Trent was not pleased

• Like 1

GNR can't do another AFD, that is completely true. I think they can do more UYI-sounding songs though and I think in that direction is where the sound of another GN'R album is most likely to be found

Yesterdays, Breakdown, Locomotive, Dust N' Bones, Bad Apples, Dead Horse, and yes, November Rain (though I know trying to make another ballad like that and having it find the commercial success NR had is impossible) I feel this is the direction of a sound that really works for them. 

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, auad said:

"What I think would be really cool - I think it would be really cool to see one of the bigger heavy bands do something with like, Skrillex or Knife Party. 'Cause they're clearly influenced by it and it seems like something that would work really, really well together."

What the fuck

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

At this point I'd take a yodeling country record for fucks sake.

Careful now, I wouldn't put it past him...the country part...he leans that way....aaaaaand I could see him attempt a yodel or two....:lol:  On the bright side, at least we'd have something to discuss other than Izzy/Adler.

8 hours ago, Gackt said:

Axl would probably call Reznor first, if he wanted to do a collaboration with an electronica artist.  It worked well for David Bowie.

I've read people would like to see that collaboration but i'd rather they worked with Ministry/Al Jourgensen it seems to fit better to me. I could imagine Axl singing something like Jesus Built My Hot-Rod or Just One Fix and it wouldn't be a stretch Slash playing on something like that.

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 2