Vai: AC/DC Releasing an Album With Axl Rose Would Be Fantastic!

auad

74049_0_wide_ver1523578525.jpg@642

Steve Vai gave the idea of Axl Rose recording new music with AC/DC a bug thumbs up, saying on The Blairing Out Show (transcribed by UG):

"I think that'd be fantastic! Don't you? I mean, AC/DC can't make any mistakes, they're perfect. [Laughs] And Axl is one of the quintessential frontmen, and he's also an incredible singer.

"I've worked with [producer] Mike Clink, who worked with Axl on 'Appetite for Destruction.' He said Axl would just come in and nail it in first take. There's so much connectedness in the way he sings, I think that'd be fantastic."

Steve's attitude seems to be a stark contrast of Def Leppard guitarist Phil Collen's stance, who recently told 96.9 The Eagle:

"No. I'm a huge AC/DC fan, and if the whole band's left or gone... Malcolm dead, obviously. Brian Johnson got kicked out. Cliff Williams retired and Phil Rudd got arrested.

"You've got one person

, so it's not really AC/DC. Maybe call it A, With Axl Rose. It kind of loses its appeal. It becomes karaoke; it becomes something else, and it's lost its integrity, really.

"I wouldn't do that, personally, if I was Angus. I thought Axl Rose did a great job, by the way. I thought he did amazing when he stood in for Brian Johnson. I thought he was amazing, actually.

"Full power to him - he's done really, really good stuff. But I think as a band, if he was gonna do an album, it may sound good, but it's not really the band anymore."

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/steve_vai_acdc_releasing_an_album_with_axl_rose_would_be_fantastic.html

• 2 weeks later...

This is really taking a long time without any information.. If Angus and Axl plan to record I hope they are using the break of the Guns`n`Roses tour. Maybe some tracks or demos have allready been recorded or maybe not. The lack of information is frustrating.

If they've had been into recording, we'd known by now. By the time when Axl started rehearsing with them for the tour, there were instant photos and lots of info.

I think they might be just have meetings at each ones house, at the most.

6 hours ago, jafeijo said:

If they've had been into recording, we'd known by now. By the time when Axl started rehearsing with them for the tour, there were instant photos and lots of info.

I think they might be just have meetings at each ones house, at the most.

No, AC/DC have managed to stay private for the better part of the last 20+ years, they write secretly and they record secretly; when they have something they want to share they le everybody know in a big way - until then they keep their lips sealed. There's really no point getting frustrated over it, in the same way there's no point getting frustrated over GNR... it is just ow these bands like to operate.

Very possible that demos have been sent around, I'd guess that they enter the studio in the fall and have a record for early 2019. The other possibility is that AC/DC and Axl are currently preparing a record, and while Axl is away for the summer it'll be getting mixed and mastered and when Slash hits the road AC/DC will start firing up the cylinders. Basically it's anyones guess, but at least it's almost a certainty that we're getting at least one new album either this year or next between Slash and AC/DC

9 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I really hope so

Stole this from the AC/DC forum...

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/list/ask-the-afl-rover-who-will-jacks-backing-band-be-at-this-years-grand-final-acdc/69xto819g3xa1srvgarti6fta/slide/1

Maybe they have been looking for gigs already to promote themselves?

• Like 3

Its like when the crue broke and brought a new singer that album is tits but should of not used the crue as the name.  or audioslave using rages name with Chris.  Its respect to the art already created.  I think they are smart enough to know this after the failure of Chinese.  We shall see how savage these brothers are thou.

I'm excited about the possibilities of new Ac/Dc music with Axl. There's so many rumors around this that there has to be some truth. But we have perhaps the two most reclusive members working together so we likely won't hear anything until tour dates and a release date is established. 

As for the continued hits on CD. I don't understand, the album has been critically acclaimed and many view as a masterpiece. It is clearly continued progression of GnR. If you question why Axl released it under the GnR name, he was kind enough to answer all those questions here in the forum in the Axl chats/ letters. 

• Like 1

Album with AC/DC and album with Guns within the next 18 months is a must. Regaining the spotlight & popularity of guns during the NITL tour of the last two years, Axl should take full advantage of the opportunities at hand and release some new music. Most peeps here and on all GnR forums want new music, its so frustrating that's theirs no new music to listen to. The interest in this band would go quite nuclear if new music was announced, let's not assume though that there's anything recorded and completed and ready to drop from the current lineup.

AC/DC are known for working fast in the studio, mostly because the songs were hashed out with Malcolm and Angus. Usually Brian was brought in when the songs were written and met up in the studio, he hasn't co-written in a very long time. 

The one  thing I'm surprised about is no new live concert video, odds are if/when it's released, it'll be 2 concerts - one with Brian and one with Axl.