Is This the Last Studio Track that Axl and Slash Were On Together?

I'm sure someone knows the answer.....I've read that both Axl does some of the backing vocals on this song, which is not 100% clear, but does resemble him, and that obviously Slash is on this track.....as well as other GnR members throughout the album.....But is this the last time we've heard both together on an official Studio Cut? 

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, papashaun said:

I'm sure someone knows the answer.....I've read that both Axl does some of the backing vocals on this song, which is not 100% clear, but does resemble him, and that obviously Slash is on this track.....as well as other GnR members throughout the album.....But is this the last time we've heard both together on an official Studio Cut? 

Yeah. And it’s obviously 100% Axl. 95’ voice or 96’ voice?

3 hours ago, Underhardy said:

Lol.. backing vocals on every chorus. He’s pretty low in mix. But Listen to after the first chorus. He lets out a 10 second scream. 

Also the "I hear a scream in my neighbourhood" or a lyric similar to that and then Axl does a scream and very evil laugh, but it also is very low in the mix. Definitely him though.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Does anyone know if Slash only played the lead on that song? Who is on vocals? Do I hear Eric Dover in there too?

It's West Arkeens project so he's probably the one on vocals.

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have that album somewhere on cd. I think Izzy plays on a song. 

How the hell did you get it? You really had to search that up as it was only released in Japan right?

The person who sings in this album is called Michael Shotton. West does backing vocals.

I found an excerpt of an interview with the bassist of the band, James Hunting, after West Arkeen died but it is written in Spanish, so I have no idea what's the original source of this or when did it take place.

"The whole story is tragic. The album is all that is left, as well as many other songs written by West, that will probably evaporate due to legal shit and the people who are fighting for his legacy and his copyright.
His lawyer Harmon Kaslow was called right after West body was found by his sister and I. Harmon quickly arrived and removed a couple of things, including a tape from the answering machine and a fake ID, also the album's master tapes and he left. I haven't seen the guy since then. Thanks Harmon for all the help! What an asshole!"

"I had already met Axl at the Stones show in Atlantic City when Izzy and him were jammin' with the band. I had also met Slash. They came to do their work separately. That was it. I know this was not clarified with their management because later it became a problem.... conflict of interest?"

"The new GN'R album was planned to be out soon... There are tracks with Izzy singing with the band live on the studio. Great material that will probably never see the light of day. Harmon has never called the members of the band back but he's cashed in on royalties for all of us and West too. So guess who's got all the money? I hope these answers satisfy you because they are long but the story is longer and much more complicated."

Edited by killuridols
  • Thanks 2

^^^

Really tragic story and impressive information about the mid-90s GnR album. But I wonder if it's a mistake in the interview and he was talking about the new Outpatience album?

I did a little research and Jamie Hunting is playing with Roger Daltrey now. He was also in the band Union with Brent Fitz (before he had played with David Lee Roth among others).

Maybe @Gambit83 could ask him for an interview? He may have a few interesting stories to tell.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It's West Arkeens project so he's probably the one on vocals.

How the hell did you get it? You really had to search that up as it was only released in Japan right?

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

According to Wikipedia, it was released in the USA and Europe in 2004.

I bought the song from iTunes.

Yes, with a different album cover, a red cover with some ape on the front. You can still get it cheap second-hand.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

^^^

Really tragic story and impressive information about the mid-90s GnR album. But I wonder if it's a mistake in the interview and he was talking about the new Outpatience album?

I did a little research and Jamie Hunting is playing with Roger Daltrey now. He was also in the band Union with Brent Fitz (before he had played with David Lee Roth among others).

Maybe @Gambit83 could ask him for an interview? He may have a few interesting stories to tell.

or @sidman69 one of you guys should really try it!

18 hours ago, Blackstar said:

^^^

No, in the Spanish version of the interview it says "the new Guns album" but when he mentions an album in the beginning of the paragraph "the album is all that is left" he is talking about 'Anxious Disease', which is the only album they ever released. All that first paragraph is about The Outpatience album.

Then he is asked about how the GN'R guys got to participate in it and there he mentions how he met them and that, apparently, them writing and recording songs with The Outpatience was something that the GN'R management did not know and did not approve at the time.

Also when he says Izzy was singing live in the studio, he means with The Outpatience, not Gn'R.

18 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, I agree this guy could be an amazing guest for @Gambit83 podcast!

The interview I found is a bit longer than what I posted, he also talks how he formed the band with West and how they looked for a singer together.

----

Another thing I want to add: it is definitely Axl who sings in that song, there's no doubt about it even if it is not credited.

The rumor has it that Axl and Slash didn't know they were going to collaborate on the same song. Like Hunting said, all guys went separately to the studio, so their collaboration was put together afterwards, without telling them. Some say it was a subliminal message from West Arkeen because he knew Axl & Slash were having problems and he wanted them to fix their differences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Also when he says Izzy was singing live in the studio, he means with The Outpatience, not Gn'R.

Thanks, it's this part that was confusing. It wasn't clear if he was talking about the GnR album or the Outpatience one.

23 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Thanks, it's this part that was confusing. It wasn't clear if he was talking about the GnR album or the Outpatience one.

Yes, it sucks to make a translation of a translation :unsure: but I tried finding the original interview and I didn't have luck.

I got this from some weird one page website and they didn't credit anyone, besides the interview excerpts are mixed with the article comments, it is not a Q&A.

• Thanks 1

And here 

and he lended his vocals as a guest on the recording of The Outpatience's (a band created by West Arkeen, a GN'R songwriter and friend) song Anxious Disease in 1996. Slash guested on guitar on this track and as such it is the last song they performed on together. According to a person who was involved in the process, Axl and Slash's parts were recorded separately as both would not have contributed if they knew they'd be on the same track.