Locomotive vs. Coma Live

3 hours ago, gnr5 said:

Agree, they should alternate in the set... however Frank would really fuck Locomotive sooo bad that its going to be a mess.

Most people just want to see Slash play it anyway... It is a given that Frank will suck and Axl will struggle on that one.. I'd be happy with an instrumental with Axl just playing piano and singing the outro with some help..

On 14/04/2018 at 5:49 AM, Screamin' Demon said:

(...) Frank Ferrer also seems like the guy that would fall in love with this type of song & give it even more justice than originallly deserved. (...) Also, although some wouldn't highly rate Frank, most seem to really like his takes on You Could Be Mine & Coma; doesn't one think that Locomotive might also be within his line of expertise?

please never stop

:rofl-lol:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Locomotive is my favorite Guns' song.

Having said that, unless Axl brings either 2006 or 2010 vocal power, I really don't want to hear it. He will only butcher it, in his current state.

Locomotive: 

It would be perfect for his 06 voice. Since the song is really nasally vocal wise it wouldn’t require any rasp, but breathing control would be a major issue. 

I think the song is very difficult to track as a singer. Axl could get off very easily and the song would likely be a mess

• Like 1

On 15-4-2018 at 8:24 PM, EvanG said:

I'm going to see them for the first time this summer and if it's one or the other, then I guess I would rather hear Coma... but I definitely wouldn't mind hearing both.

Well, they played Coma (obviously) and it was definitely a highlight!

On 15/04/2018 at 7:37 PM, PatrickS77 said:

He could have left that whole song out. It's trite shit.

Its a very uninspired topic for a song, isn't it?  Indicative of a very rich and isolated sort of a person, got the idea to write a song off the telly basically, or books. 

31 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Locomotive: 

It would be perfect for his 06 voice. Since the song is really nasally vocal wise it wouldn’t require any rasp, but breathing control would be a major issue. 

I think the song is very difficult to track as a singer. Axl could get off very easily and the song would likely be a mess

I thought that instantly. 2006 would have been a perfect time to bring that song into the set.

It amazes me how a lot of people complained about his voice back then,  it was the perfect combination of the clean voice he was using, and the classic Axl sound.

Why does it have to be either/or?

Wouldn't it be cool if they'd do the first 60-90 minutes jam/festival atmosphere with the deep cuts, epics and some guest musicians and then half an hour or more if they want of the greatest hits for the average joe.

Collect all cell phones at the entrance and in return hand out free weed for everyone.

By the time PC comes up everbody crash some chairs and build an open fire of em in the middle of the venue for everyone to dance and mosh around it naked in circles chanting :dance: "take me hoooooome" :dance: - now THAT would be my idea of a rock concert. :lol:

But seriously...starting a set with Locomotive, then Breakdown, then Coma and then the NITL version Rocket Queen would be so dope.

6 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Wouldn't it be cool if they'd do the first 60-90 minutes jam/festival atmosphere with the deep cuts, epics and some guest musicians and then half an hour or more if they want of the greatest hits for the average joe.

Or play some rocking songs and hits from the Illusions, LIES and TSI for an hour. Then do an hour of the jam songs and epics.. Then play the Appetite Album in full..  Except play side R first and Side G second..

10 hours ago, EvanG said:

Well, they played Coma (obviously) and it was definitely a highlight!

Ah.....my thoughts are his breathing is an issue. There were times especially the last LA shows were i thought he was going to self combust. Some shows he sounded like he was struggling to breath. I think he should drop the song and add songs his breathing and vocal range can acheive.

• Like 1

I honestly would prefer to leave both tracks in the past. 2 of my favorite Guns tracks, and i'd prefer to not hear them played when the band seems to be it's most vulnerable? I guess is the word i'd use. If Axl ever got back into 2010 shape, and could push himself like he does with AC/DC, then Locomotive would be great. I'm holy convinced now the guess will never stop sounding, at least somewhat, like himself in the studio. Just need that magic growl live. 

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Ah.....my thoughts are his breathing is an issue. There were times especially the last LA shows were i thought he was going to self combust. Some shows he sounded like he was struggling to breath. I think he should drop the song and add songs his breathing and vocal range can acheive.

Yeah, it was cool they did it but Axl always sounded pretty bad at the end. 

Would love to hear Locomotive, The Garden and Don't Damn Me. I think Axl can sing that last one really nice with his actual vocal range.

Covers? I would switch some: no more Seeker and Black Hole Sun please. Just bring Black Leather, Raw Power (Axl & Duff on vocals) and DOWN ON THE FARM!!!

PD: please, shorter and heavier KOHD version!

Edited by fernomenoyde
  • Like 3

On 1/20/2019 at 1:28 AM, fernomenoyde said:

Would love to hear Locomotive, The Garden and Don't Damn Me. I think Axl can sing that last one really nice with his actual vocal range.

Covers? I would switch some: no more Seeker and Black Hole Sun please. Just bring Black Leather, Raw Power (Axl & Duff on vocals) and DOWN ON THE FARM!!!

PD: please, shorter and heavier KOHD version!

With Axl's trademark "hey hay hay hay hay yeah" in KOHD too

• Like 1

On 19/01/2019 at 9:48 PM, Thorbear said:

If they drop Coma, the only replacement is TWAT. 

The only reasonable replacement to Coma is Locomotive.

As for the only reasonable replacement to Estranged is Breakdown.

Whish I could hear both of them and that they played "Shackler's Revenge" or "Riad N' The Bedouins".