A Quiet Place (2018)

RussTCB

Was pretty good. I didn't like the design of the creatures and wish we saw a lot less of them. They reminded me of the arachnid warriors in Starship Troopers.

I was very dubious about this film because the marketing of it made it look almost identical to the horror film It Comes at Night, which came out almost exactly a year ago. I hated that fucking movie and hated that I fell for the ambiguous marketing campaign which played up the free floating dread.

I saw the lead actor on The View and it seems people that see this movie make sure they are very quiet while watching it. It's like they don't want to make a sound because they are afraid the creatures might appear or whatever! I was like people it's only a movie. I'm sure being quiet helps with the movie storyline, but unfortunately there aren't any monsters in the theatre.

It would be cool if there was! lol

There was a movie with Vincent Price back in the 1950s and they rigged the seats to give people a shock at a certain part of the movie. How cool that must have been? I would have loved it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2018 at 2:25 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I saw the lead actor on The View and it seems people that see this movie make sure they are very quiet while watching it. It's like they don't want to make a sound because they are afraid the creatures might appear or whatever! I was like people it's only a movie. I'm sure being quiet helps with the movie storyline, but unfortunately there aren't any monsters in the theatre.

It would be cool if there was! lol

There was a movie with Vincent Price back in the 1950s and they rigged the seats to give people a shock at a certain part of the movie. How cool that must have been? I would have loved it.

People should be quiet when seeing it because the film is so quiet you can literally hear someone eating popcorn a few rows away from you. It's a very immersive film, and excess noise takes you out of it big time. In my showing there was loads of audio bleeding over from the next theater over it sort of ruined the experience for me. 

Regardless, I did really enjoy it.