Plans after July 2018

1 hour ago, auad said:

continue on tour eternally, with this same setlist

Don't know if I would be that upset with this if they mixed it up slightly.

Was hoping for a show with the Stones since they both end their current scheduled shows in July.

1 hour ago, BCeagle said:

Anyone have any info on GnR plans post 7/21.  Hard to believe they would stop touring after a light summer schedule.

I was thinking that don't see them just doing the summer dates 18 in all and then just going on hiatus. The thing that's frustrating with this band is the no new album. 99% of bands release an album, tour and insert new songs into the setlist and then try and slowly evolve.

5 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I’m interested to see what kind of sacrifices Axl makes for ACDC. I think his appearances will be changing quite a bit in the next year or so. Healthy Axl is likely on the way. 

Sacrifices? AXL????

after this tour , I think Axl will retire, unfortunately this is what will happen.

Axl is 56 years old, I doubt when he is 60 or 70 years old,  that he will be able to perform 2 or 3 hours per show. 

when they released chinese democracy in 2008, they used '96 to '99 vocals and a lot of auto-tune.  the only way to release a decent album whit his trademark vocals is using old vocals, or he will adapt his vocals, but his will not be the same as the past albums.

this is one of the main reasons I dont see they releasing a new album, so they will tour endlessly, maybe they release a live album or a single.

but at this time the plan is to keep with this nostalgia act, so when the people and fans feel tired, they retire.

Edited by comboguns

Like others have already stated think this will be it for the foreseeable future.I don’t think we will ever get any new music from them after all we’ve got 1 album in 25+years so I don’t think that’s going to change .Maybe a farewell tour so to speak in a couple years.

Slash is doing a new album and touring with SMKC. That all kicks off around August / September. It will most likely be a year of work. Slash won't half ass an album.  I assume he would be committed to Guns if anything was happening but that's not the case. 

Seems likely Axl will do an album and tour with ACDC. I assume this will also be 1 or 1.5 years. 

Maybe Guns is On Hold until 2020. 

Strange to just do a small run of shows though. Especially since Fernando said 2018 would be bigger than 2017.

As I always say, nothing would surprise me but realistically I see a long period of guns on hiatus while they all do their side projects. 

I don't see new music but I do see one more world tour to see them off. That could include izzy/Steven in some small part (if they had a brain they'd do this) but I think if they announced a this is it style world tour that could see them make as much money again as they have on NITL which is realistic if they are announcing retirement, that kind of lure to do it all again wouldn't be ignored, it's just too much money. 

14 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I’m interested to see what kind of sacrifices Axl makes for ACDC. I think his appearances will be changing quite a bit in the next year or so. Healthy Axl is likely on the way. 

Good shout. In 2006 he came out in literally 1992 shape. Would be pretty cool to see him toned up again and changing his style up a bit. As for his voice, one thing's for sure: anything is possible. We've all written him off time and again and than he comes back smashing any possible expectations. 

The only thing that really bothers me is the biographer and others saying they'll do a standard full-blown AC/DC tour. His voice was cracking towards the end of the relatively few dates he did in 2016. I just can't see how for 12-18-24 months he could remotely sustain those vocals. But then presumably this has occired to him, his voice coach, Angus and other people who have millions on the line. 

I just wish he was giving the twilight of his prime to releasing and touring with Guns. 

14 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Good shout. In 2006 he came out in literally 1992 shape. Would be pretty cool to see him toned up again and changing his style up a bit. As for his voice, one thing's for sure: anything is possible. We've all written him off time and again and than he comes back smashing any possible expectations. 

The only thing that really bothers me is the biographer and others saying they'll do a standard full-blown AC/DC tour. His voice was cracking towards the end of the relatively few dates he did in 2016. I just can't see how for 12-18-24 months he could remotely sustain those vocals. But then presumably this has occired to him, his voice coach, Angus and other people who have millions on the line. 

I just wish he was giving the twilight of his prime to releasing and touring with Guns. 

The twilight of his prime was 2006-2010. We're now in the Fat Elvis years.

• Haha 1