Paul Stanley jab at Guns N‘ Roses 1996

9 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Considering this interview was hot off the grunge era of the 90's, he's likely just making a broad statement about the popular bands at the time.

Yeah I wasn’t sure about that or not but with the conflict of the band and Paul before I was thinking this could be a straight shot at him

This was a long time ago, and who knows who he was talking about, but he has always been a fucking dick. I read his book, he has been in therapy for years for his "sensitivity and control" issues. 

Edited by Tourettes2400

20 hours ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

https://youtu.be/_cL2clqglYk

I’m not sure if this has been discussed before, but at 4:10 Paul is answering a question about stage presence, and to me it sounds like he’s taking a shot at Axl. What are your guy’s thoughts?

Why in the hell are you thinking that he's talking about Axl?

90's Axl had lacked stage presence?

1 hour ago, ruttu69 said:

Compared to what KISS need to do with stage craft to maintain a following, I could see the painted and stilettoed band mate of a tongue-clipped, blood spitting pyro to consider Axl to lack stage presence.  Especially given the grudge.  Axl was dressing in shorts and flannel and surrounding himself with blind melon and Sound Garden on their last tours.

I agree it was far more likely to be a shot at shoe gazing grungers though.  

3 hours ago, ruttu69 said:

I thought from what he said about “flannel shirts and shorts” that it was a shot at Axl. To me that was sort of a good representation of what Axl always wore

4 hours ago, zepsun said:

He was supposed to produce AFD I believe, but GNR didn't want him. Probably was still sour about it.

according to Slash:

"He had come around to produce Guns N’ Roses way back in the day, before we actually made the first record. And at some point, we decided we didn’t… We never actually were interested in working with him. But we sort of had him come around because he was [drummer] Steven Adler’s hero.”

Read More: Slash Explains Former Rift With Paul Stanley | http://loudwire.com/slash-explains-rift-with-paul-stanley/?trackback=tsmclip