Slash Books Late 2018 Solo Dates

It still remains to be seen whether Guns N' Roses' incredibly successful Not in This Lifetime tour will lead to new music from the partially reunited classic lineup. In the meantime, however, guitarist Slash is already scouting the horizon for his next round of solo activity.

As GNR fans are aware, it will take a little while before Slash is ready to head out on his own again. The band has booked for a summer European tour that picks up June 3 in Berlin and is scheduled to run through at least July 21 — and given the unflagging demand for tickets, there would seem to be every chance that another leg remains a future possibility. But Slash will be unavailable on at least a couple of weekends — he's booked a pair of solo festival dates for later this year.

The first show is set for Kaaboo, held at the Del Mar Racetrack and Fairgrounds north of San Diego over the weekend of Sept. 14-16. Insisting it isn't a festival, organizers promise "an adult escape, uniquely curated to appeal to all five of your senses, with world-class music, hilarious comedy, incredible cuisine, craft libations, inspiring contemporary art and personal indulgences." Slash, appearing with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators, will be part of a roster that also includes Robert Plant, Foo Fighters, Billy Idol, Stone Temple Pilots and many others.

A month later, Slash — with Kennedy and the Conspirators once again in tow — will deliver a set at the Monster Energy Aftershock festival, scheduled for the weekend of Oct. 13-14 at Discovery Park in Sacramento. Unlike the more eclectic Kaaboo, the Aftershock lineup is focused on the harder side of the musical spectrum; in addition to Slash, attendees can expect to see System of a Down, Deftones and Alice in Chains, along with a long list of others.

While GNR fans wait for word on the band's next move, Slash is also keeping busy in the studio: As previously reported, he's at work on his next solo release, which is expected to arrive in the fall of 2018.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/slash-solo-shows-2018/

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, papashaun said:

It's 1995 All Over Again!!! LOL  Slash makes incredible new riffs in the studio for his solo album....Axl gets mad he won't use them for GnR.... and fires him again!!! LOL

Just Joking!!

Totally!! :rofl-lol:

Baaah.... If there is one guy to admire in GN'R that is SLash..... he never stops!! What a machine he is! Incredible...

Makes me sad because that means no more GN'R but Im happy for him because that elevates him as a musician.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

4 hours ago, papashaun said:

It's 1995 All Over Again!!! LOL  Slash makes incredible new riffs in the studio for his solo album...Axl calls the riffs "redneck"....Axl changes his mind and gets mad he won't use them for GnR.... and fires him again!!! LOL

Fixed :ph34r:

5 hours ago, papashaun said:

It's 1995 All Over Again!!! LOL  Slash makes incredible new riffs in the studio for his solo album....Axl gets mad he won't use them for GnR.... and fires him again!!! LOL

Just Joking!!

He didn't fire him the first time. Slash walked. He can do it again if he wants.

• Like 1

Misleading thread title, these festivals were announced like a week ago :lol:

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

I am curious as to what the percentage of GNR tunes he will have in his setlist now that he is back with GNR, I am assuming at the very least that PC and Sweet Child will be there

PC, SCOM, Nightrain, and RQ for sure. Hopefully he keeps DTJ and adds Don't Cry

The first show date will surely be after the album has come out, so that would put it at early September probably, just like WoF. Also I wouldn't be so sure about Slash keeping any GNR songs, except maybe SCOM or PC. He now has GNR to do those and SMKC is on their 3rd album and he got all these other projects to pick from like VR, Snakepit, solo album. Wouldn't surprise me to see a big amount of new songs in the set aswell. Now he has a reason to make space for all this material.

• Like 3

I still think it will go something like this

Slash Solo Record / Myles - Start of September
Slash announced dates Sep / Oct Festivals, with 3/4 more to be announced
This beginning Sep - Middle of Oct will also be album promo, TV performances, interviews, etc.
Then start of November up to just prior to Christmas Guns will do a EURO Arena leg (if not then, start of 2019 -

Why? Cause it's just silly not to happen, they missed quite a bit out on the Stadium run in E.U, especially in the UK -

a big market for them! This tour is about reconciliation but most importantly $$$ - don't forget! The offers will be there and still be substantial...
Why 2? That's what they did in the USA and they've always done big tours covering all EU. 

Why 3? The N.I.T.L tour isn't gonna end at some festival in July, whatever happens, they're gonna most likely end it in LA surely!
So 6-8 weeks of arena shows is MONEY...NU-Guns always played 8-10 shows or so in the UK and IRE. 
The biggest reunion of all time is gonna only do 3? (2 of which in the same city) If it doesn't happen at the tail end of this year, 

it's gonna happen first quarters of 2019 (if Download has an exclusive period?!) People shouting that Nov. last year was the end and were wrong, they're wrong again IMO...After EU dates, they'll either have 2-3 LA based ones announced as closer of the curtain on N.I.T.L tour, or a mini tour of the big cities...
Which ever way it goes, SMKC works around that...
After that Myles goes does Alter Bridge most of 2019 and Axl comes out with AXL/DC record and tours with Angus at some point in 2019/20!
Guns come back late 2020/2021 with a song or two, EP, or if we're so lucky an Album, or if none of the above, a tag line of "Farewell Tour"
That's personally how I see the next 5 years or so....
Let's see :)

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Derby, June the 9th. Tempting but I'm at the cricket that day (strangely v Derbyshire but at home). I'm really a shit fan aren't I haha?

PS

Oh that is Guns N' Roses.

A man who would rather watch cricket over GN'R is not a man at all.

8 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The first show date will surely be after the album has come out, so that would put it at early September probably, just like WoF. Also I wouldn't be so sure about Slash keeping any GNR songs, except maybe SCOM or PC. He now has GNR to do those and SMKC is on their 3rd album and he got all these other projects to pick from like VR, Snakepit, solo album. Wouldn't surprise me to see a big amount of new songs in the set aswell. Now he has a reason to make space for all this material.

So wondering if we will see slash in Oz in Feb 2019?.😞. I still feel in my loins a GNR oz tour toward the end of the year. 

6 hours ago, Tonto said:

A man who would rather watch cricket over GN'R is not a man at all.

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

Fixed

True fact, the team I support has just signed an Indian international called Axar Patel. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

7 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

I still think it will go something like this

Slash Solo Record / Myles - Start of September
Slash announced dates Sep / Oct Festivals, with 3/4 more to be announced
This beginning Sep - Middle of Oct will also be album promo, TV performances, interviews, etc.
Then start of November up to just prior to Christmas Guns will do a EURO Arena leg (if not then, start of 2019 -

Why? Cause it's just silly not to happen, they missed quite a bit out on the Stadium run in E.U, especially in the UK -

a big market for them! This tour is about reconciliation but most importantly $$$ - don't forget! The offers will be there and still be substantial...
Why 2? That's what they did in the USA and they've always done big tours covering all EU. 

Why 3? The N.I.T.L tour isn't gonna end at some festival in July, whatever happens, they're gonna most likely end it in LA surely!
So 6-8 weeks of arena shows is MONEY...NU-Guns always played 8-10 shows or so in the UK and IRE. 
The biggest reunion of all time is gonna only do 3? (2 of which in the same city) If it doesn't happen at the tail end of this year, 

it's gonna happen first quarters of 2019 (if Download has an exclusive period?!) People shouting that Nov. last year was the end and were wrong, they're wrong again IMO...After EU dates, they'll either have 2-3 LA based ones announced as closer of the curtain on N.I.T.L tour, or a mini tour of the big cities...
Which ever way it goes, SMKC works around that...
After that Myles goes does Alter Bridge most of 2019 and Axl comes out with AXL/DC record and tours with Angus at some point in 2019/20!
Guns come back late 2020/2021 with a song or two, EP, or if we're so lucky an Album, or if none of the above, a tag line of "Farewell Tour"
That's personally how I see the next 5 years or so....
Let's see :)

I would be happy if it worked out similar to this. Personally I don’t see Guns being put to the side completely for 2 years either. There’s too much money to be made and a demand to see them. 

36 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

I'd be happy if they went through the soundboards and made a Live Era: 2016-2018 album

But no overdubs this time you fucks!

Overdubs would be needed much more this time around for the vocals :lol:

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Overdubs would be needed much more this time around for the vocals :lol:

I think Axl had enough good nights for most of the songs

But stuff like Sweet Child O' Mine should probably be left off entirely

The reason why Live Era had so many overdubs is because IIRC they only recorded a handful of shows on multitrack audio where they could separate the different instruments/vocals - I would hope the entire span of NITL shows have all been recorded as multitrack audio 

• Like 1