Nice Boy

Do you think Axl would even be able to write AC/DC lyrics these days?

I find the Axl and Angus combination very interesting. You have 2 very strong personalities both perfectionist who have control desires. Yet, it obviously works between them. I think most likely they'll work together on lyrics but I have to believe that even Angus values what Axl adds as a lyricist and will benefit from having Axl write lyrics. 

8 hours ago, ludurigan said:

so angus is "most familiar with the band"?

i thought that he owned it! :rofl-lol:

I don't know whether to find this post funny, or just sad for finding humor in a fact :lol:

Angus might have another good concept. Another Thunderstruck. Highway to Hell. For Those About To Rock. 

Axl at the same time should bring the Whole Lotta Rosie, You Shook Me All Night Long or Let There Be Rock.

It will be mostly about nostalgia, how good it is to Rock.

But at the same time, how to Rock until your very last breath.

Edited by Silent Jay

I think it would be as easy as pie for Axl Rose.  First of all its his stock in trade.  And second of all its become pretty much about self parody for bands like AC/DC and The Stones, bands that have been writing for a long long time that had a certain style.  Its almost a form unto itself and with anything thats a form in that sense, especially one with the attendant simplicity as what AC/DC and straight rock n roll of that particular stripe demand, it'd be a walk in the park for him.  A welcome relief even, from the deep and searching, laying your soul on the line pretentious bollocks that he's been obsessed with writing since the Illusions albums.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Graeme said:

I think I could write AC/DC lyrics these days... Write navel-gazing lyrics about about how awesome Rock n' Roll is, or drinking, throw in a few electricity metaphors, maybe some references to hell and some poorly-veiled sexual innuendo and we're basically there.

Traitor. The Youngs are fellow jockstrops. They were in Glasgow before moving to Oz. 

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Traitor. The Youngs are fellow jockstrops. They were in Glasgow before moving to Oz. 

I love AC/DC (and I'm well aware of their roots), they're just not really a band I listen to for their lyrical complexity...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Graeme said:

I think I could write AC/DC lyrics these days... Write navel-gazing lyrics about about how awesome Rock n' Roll is, or drinking, throw in a few electricity metaphors, maybe some references to hell and some poorly-veiled sexual innuendo and we're basically there.

please do it

3 hours ago, Graeme said:

I love AC/DC (and I'm well aware of their roots), they're just not really a band I listen to for their lyrical complexity...

Love bomb love bomber
Don't scare no bother
Where the size doesn't matter
Come long, short or badder

AC/DC lyrics wouldn't be that hard to write, he probably won't do them alone, probably could come up with most of them while he's on the toilet, and would probably like to just sing about nothing that means anything for a change. 

8 hours ago, Graeme said:

AC/DC is a Glasgow-Aussie band who later acquired a Geordie. The question is, how boozy is this band?

Vive l' denim and cirrhosis.

Axl can write lyrics better than we heard on the recent albums but he cannot match the lyrics on Back in Black and the amazing lyrics Bon wrote in the 70`s.

I

Agreed.   Axl can't touch classic AC/DC as a lyricist, but he could do better than the recent stuff. The question is will Angus let him. I'm guessing he won't.

As far as booziness,  I'd say not very boozy these days. Angus is a lifelong teetotaler and I doubt Stevie and Slade are out there tearing it up either. Axl is probably the booziest guy involved here.

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

AC/DC is a Glasgow-Aussie band who later acquired a Geordie. The question is, how boozy is this band?

Vive l' denim and cirrhosis.

Well, Angus has always been a teetotaller so not as boozy as some...