Do you think Axl would even be able to write AC/DC lyrics these days?

Nice Boy

Angus might have another good concept. Another Thunderstruck. Highway to Hell. For Those About To Rock. 

Axl at the same time should bring the Whole Lotta Rosie, You Shook Me All Night Long or Let There Be Rock.

It will be mostly about nostalgia, how good it is to Rock.

But at the same time, how to Rock until your very last breath.

Edited by Silent Jay

I think it would be as easy as pie for Axl Rose.  First of all its his stock in trade.  And second of all its become pretty much about self parody for bands like AC/DC and The Stones, bands that have been writing for a long long time that had a certain style.  Its almost a form unto itself and with anything thats a form in that sense, especially one with the attendant simplicity as what AC/DC and straight rock n roll of that particular stripe demand, it'd be a walk in the park for him.  A welcome relief even, from the deep and searching, laying your soul on the line pretentious bollocks that he's been obsessed with writing since the Illusions albums.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Graeme said:

I think I could write AC/DC lyrics these days... Write navel-gazing lyrics about about how awesome Rock n' Roll is, or drinking, throw in a few electricity metaphors, maybe some references to hell and some poorly-veiled sexual innuendo and we're basically there.

Traitor. The Youngs are fellow jockstrops. They were in Glasgow before moving to Oz. 

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Traitor. The Youngs are fellow jockstrops. They were in Glasgow before moving to Oz. 

I love AC/DC (and I'm well aware of their roots), they're just not really a band I listen to for their lyrical complexity...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Graeme said:

I think I could write AC/DC lyrics these days... Write navel-gazing lyrics about about how awesome Rock n' Roll is, or drinking, throw in a few electricity metaphors, maybe some references to hell and some poorly-veiled sexual innuendo and we're basically there.

please do it

8 hours ago, Graeme said:

I love AC/DC (and I'm well aware of their roots), they're just not really a band I listen to for their lyrical complexity...

AC/DC is a Glasgow-Aussie band who later acquired a Geordie. The question is, how boozy is this band?

Vive l' denim and cirrhosis.

Agreed.   Axl can't touch classic AC/DC as a lyricist, but he could do better than the recent stuff. The question is will Angus let him. I'm guessing he won't.

As far as booziness,  I'd say not very boozy these days. Angus is a lifelong teetotaler and I doubt Stevie and Slade are out there tearing it up either. Axl is probably the booziest guy involved here.

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

AC/DC is a Glasgow-Aussie band who later acquired a Geordie. The question is, how boozy is this band?

Vive l' denim and cirrhosis.

Well, Angus has always been a teetotaller so not as boozy as some...

• 1 month later...

If you want rasp, you got it

On 20 April 2018 at 2:17 AM, Silent Jay said:

Angus might have another good concept. Another Thunderstruck. Highway to Hell. For Those About To Rock. 

Axl at the same time should bring the Whole Lotta Rosie, You Shook Me All Night Long or Let There Be Rock.

It will be mostly about nostalgia, how good it is to Rock.

But at the same time, how to Rock until your very last breath.

Rockin' in the Grave

On 4/18/2018 at 10:00 PM, downzy said:

Why not?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he write the lyrics for much of Appetite?  It's So Easy, Anything Goes, Out Ta Get Me.  Pretty straight forward lyrics if you ask me and not that far off from some of AC/DC's lyrics.   

Straight forward, but a lot more pissed off....in a good way!

This topic has made me think about all the great lyrics Bon Scott wrote.  Here are some of my favorite Bon Scott lines:

"She was number nine, ninety-nine on the clinical list /And I fell in love with the dirty little bitch"

"Being a bad boy ain't that bad/I've had me more dirty women than most men ever had"

"I know I ain't doing much/Doing nothing means a lot to me"

"Outta my way I'm a running high
Take a chance with me and give it a try
Ain't no woman in the world I know
'Cause I ain't lookin' for an overflow"

And many more....