Trunk: “Rock Stars do not want to meet you”

auad

Trunk_Cattle_April_2018_2.png

FANS = CATTLE
Eddie Trunk: “Rock Stars do not want to meet you” and says fans are like cattle to bands

Eddie Trunk Radio Show — In a recent episode of the Eddie Trunk Radio Show, the host talks in depth about rock stars and their fans.

Trunk boldly states; “They do not want to meet you.”

Trunk is outspoken on all things rock n’ roll, and has his hands deep into the industry.

Most known for his connection to the band Kiss, and more directly Ace Frehley – Trunk goes into detail about meet n’ greet packages and explains why 90% of the rock stars out there do not want to meet their fans.

“Some people (rock stars), quite frankly, don’t wanna meet you” a giggling Trunk tells the listeners.

“I’ve said this before you guys, and I’m just being honest about it. These guys don’t want to meet you (laughing). Don’t take it personally, but they don’t.” adds Trunk

“They do not, want to meet you. Hate to break that to you. But they don’t. Yes, you are valuable fans to them, but you are also a total stranger, and they don’t want to meet you. But they are gonna do it (referring to paid meet n’ greets), because, it’s gonna mean some extra money. They’re gonna put the best face on, and do it.” says Trunk

Trunk talks about emails he receives daily from fans complaining about their meet n’ greet experience.

Trunk immitates a fans email saying; “I bought the VIP, the guy was a total dick He didn’t even look me in the eye. We got moved in and out like cattle.”

Trunk then adds: “Because, hate to tell you, but that’s kind of like, what you are to them.”

“But hey, you gonna pay a couple hundred bucks, alright, I’ll give you your 30 seconds.” adds Trunk as he refers to the meet n’ greet costs.

http://metalsludge.tv/fans-cattle-eddie-trunk-rock-stars-do-not-want-to-meet-you-and-says-fans-are-like-cattle-to-bands/

• Like 1

I agree that meet n greet/VIP package is bullshit. I have met celebrities. There are other ways. Sometimes it's just about being in the right place at the right time. And sometimes it's about knowing someone who knows someone who knows celebrities.

If that’s the case, then it’s the musicians who are doing it wrong. Admirers are part and parcel of being a public figure.

I’m a business owner and go out of my way to be friendly with everyone. To not care about one’s reputation is to not care about one’s income.

Every person I know who has met Dave Grohl confirms that he is the nicest guy on the planet. And if Dave Grohl has the time and the energy, so does everyone else. 

20 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

If that’s the case, then it’s the musicians who are doing it wrong. Admirers are part and parcel of being a public figure.

I’m a business owner and go out of my way to be friendly with everyone. To not care about one’s reputation is to not care about one’s income.

Every person I know who has met Dave Grohl confirms that he is the nicest guy on the planet. And if Dave Grohl has the time and the energy, so does everyone else. 

if there is one person I would not want to meet is Dave Grohl. Boring dude.
For him to be cool, Kurt Cobain is missing from his side.

Edited by auad

52 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Yes but one thing is being nice to people just because it's part of your job. So you smile to everyone despite the fact you hate to do it. Another thing is smiling and being nice to people because you care. And there are those who don't smile, don't care and they don't bother to hide they hate meeting people. Now in this case makes it even worst if someone paid to be there.

• Like 2

Of course rock stars or other celebrities don't want to meet their fans. That doesn't mean that they don't want to put on a great show or release a great album that appeals to their fans. But I have to think forced meet and greets are the worst for them. I thought most VIP packages didn't guarantee meeting any of the band. So it's really up to the individual members whether they partake in the VIP experience. Like others have said, they can be great friendly people but this is true when the basis of the meet isn't being their fan. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

Of course rock stars or other celebrities don't want to meet their fans. That doesn't mean that they don't want to put on a great show or release a great album that appeals to their fans. But I have to think forced meet and greets are the worst for them. I thought most VIP packages didn't guarantee meeting any of the band. So it's really up to the individual members whether they partake in the VIP experience. Like others have said, they can be great friendly people but this is true when the basis of the meet isn't being their fan. 

idolizing someone is wrong.
the correct thing is to treat the artists according to what they are: normal people, full of defects and qualities, like all of us.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

Well in the case of GN'R VIP, they make clear fans don't get to see band members. Now in cases where band members get to meet fans. I think both sides fans and rock stars have to be polite. If one fan get crazy and annoying. That fan should be take away. If rock stars don't want to meet people. Then they shouldn't be forced to do it. Otherwise you will have fans complaning to Eddie Trunk or whoever that a given rock star acted like a asshole.

• Like 2

This brings up a very interesting question for me. I've never been one to really desire to know movie stars or rock stars. I know them solely by the characters they play and yes. I'm including rock stars in the same group as actors because their private life is just that private. But today, excepting GnR, most are all over social media.  Going live on IG and constantly putting stuff out there on SM.  Does this make them more desirable to fans? It certainly gives them an appearance of accessibility although a false one. maybe because I grew up in the '80's and anti social media it irritates me. 

6 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

This brings up a very interesting question for me. I've never been one to really desire to know movie stars or rock stars. I know them solely by the characters they play and yes. I'm including rock stars in the same group as actors because their private life is just that private. But today, excepting GnR, most are all over social media.  Going live on IG and constantly putting stuff out there on SM.  Does this make them more desirable to fans? It certainly gives them an appearance of accessibility although a false one. maybe because I grew up in the '80's and anti social media it irritates me. 

I also grew up in the 80s ... richest decade that has ever existed culturally speaking ...

"Social" media are the plague of humanity, and should be banned as soon as possible.

• Like 1

The ones I suspect who mingle with the fans for free and repudiate paid for ''meet and greets'' are the ones who want to meet fans. 

3 hours ago, Padme said:

That fan should be take away.

Sounds ominous! Where exactly should this fan be taken away to? 

1 hour ago, auad said:

I also grew up in the 80s ... richest decade that has ever existed culturally speaking ...

"Social" media are the plague of humanity, and should be banned as soon as possible.

I completely 100% agree. And don't get me started on the smart phone. The saddest sight ever is family being together and everyone looking down at their phone. 

Who the fuck would pay to meet someone, it's already an awkward and fake situation from the get go. I'm sure people in bands are more happy to meet their fans in the right circumstance and the fan isn't too weird about it or whatever. Trunks just pissed he had to wait for 10 hours once to get an interview with Axl and some guys got a story about how Slash used to piss himself in a hotel lobby without having to do anything.

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 1

I don't like meeting strangers much either.

Best thing you can do if you ever find yourself in a situation where you're side by side with someone you admire or a celebrity in general is to avoid talking to them about who they are, what they mean to you, and avoid anything about why they're famous.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The ones I suspect who mingle with the fans for free and repudiate paid for ''meet and greets'' are the ones who want to meet fans. 

Sounds ominous! Where exactly should this fan be taken away to? 

Sent home. The same way if during a show or a sport event fans misbehave, security takes them away

4 hours ago, downzy said:

I don't like meeting strangers much either.

Best thing you can do if you ever find yourself in a situation where you're side by side with someone you admire or a celebrity in general is to avoid talking to them about who they are, what they mean to you, and avoid anything about why they're famous.  

Says the guy who spent several hours with them :lol:

I don't want to meet them either. I'll pay for a concert ticket to see them live if the price is right, but what's the point in meeting them in person? To ask for an autograph? Fuck that, I'm not ten years old anymore.

Now, I wouldn't mind having a jam session with Slash if the opportunity ever presented itself, but that's only because I like his chops.

22 hours ago, auad said:

if there is one person I would not want to meet is Dave Grohl. Boring dude.

I think he would be more fun to hang out with than all those rockstars who are out of ''get out of jail free'' cards, because most of them can't even have a beer anymore. At least Grohl can still get drunk without the shit hitting the fan, sorta speak.