Why is It's So Easy Not on Spotify?

24 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

How do you know?

Because it's Spotify specific. If they had a problem with the West Arkeen estate it would be happening on Apple Music too and whatever other sites sell those songs.

Edited by Tonto
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

I did not know that. Has anyone asked Spotify?

Not that I'm aware of, but the Arkeen estate has every right to not allow a song they have shares in to appear on whatever platform if they don't think the payment is good or enough or whatever.

Just now, Tonto said:

Not that I'm aware of, but the Arkeen estate has every right to not allow a song they have shares in to appear on whatever platform if they don't think the payment is good or enough or whatever.

Why would they only have a problem with 1 platform and not others? Maybe Spotify don't pay enough? I know nothing about this stuff :shrugs:

On 4/22/2018 at 10:27 PM, 31illusions said:

Just buy the CD like everyone else.

You know how much easier it is to stream music now than use CDs? You go on Apple Music, Spotify, etc. and it’s right there.

Very few want to buy a CD, go home, put it in their computer (which may or may not have a disc drive in 2018), rip it to iTunes, plug their phone in, have it sync all their music again without any issue, and unplug it again before they start listening.

Edited by Tyler Drama

18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have this song permanently on compact disc and vinyl. How is that for technological progress?

Same here, but I don't have those items with me regularly in public. Songs just missing from albums shouldn't be allowed on a streaming service. If you ask me, you should have to have the whole album or not at all. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Same here, but I don't have those items with me regularly in public. Songs just missing from albums shouldn't be allowed on a streaming service. If you ask me, you should have to have the whole album or not at all. 

Agree, and some albums such as Pink Floyd’s almost demand to be listened to all at once...it’d be a crime to have one missing Another Brick in the Wall for example, it’s a destruction of the art.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Agree, and some albums such as Pink Floyd’s almost demand to be listened to all at once...it’d be a crime to have one missing Another Brick in the Wall for example, it’s a destruction of the art.

Oh lordy lordy.....if something like that went down with Pink Floyd on streaming, I'd probably start an actual riot.

but seriously though, I was just thinking about this whole deal a couple of weeks ago. I travel a ton for work and I happened to be on I-65 in Indiana, so naturally I busted out UYI I for the drive. So I'm going along, listening to the album, when I hear "....to the bar!" and get ready to use my sweet air drumming while driving skills to assist Matt with Bad Obsession. Instead Back Off Bitch starts. WHAT. Threw my whole day off! lol

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Why I always need a physical copy ;)  I just went looking for Ozzy's Speak At The Devil which I though was a great live album back in the day and it looks like it is out of print.. Resorting to EBAY

I have Speak on vinyl and it really bums me out that it's not on any streaming service!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, papashaun said:

One can never totally rely on a streaming service. You can have an artist on there one day, then gone the next due to contracts. Before Amazon introduced Music Unlimited, the Prime Music was pretty decent, but constantly changed artists/albums, you could have a Prime playlist one day, then the next it would be missing 3-4 songs. I'm in my late 30's, and have collected quite a few cd's over the years, since that was the main platform in my youth. I also took time to take maybe 4-5 cd's per day, rip them on to a hard drive, then at times, I'll add albums/songs to a micro-sd card for my phone....and make playlists from there. Streaming services are handy, and I do like them, but you can't beat having a physical copy stashed away to rely on if need be.

I have music unlimited and I paid for Amazon storage.. I think it was $25 bucks a year to store up to 250,000 songs.. I uploaded all my stuff from itunes (which I just uploaded from CD's) and I uploaded all new CD's I bought. I could stream all my shit on Alexa and my phone. It pretty was awesome. I was literally thinking about maybe just buying the digital copy for my next purchase when I got an email stating they were discontinuing that service and there is a date when all my shit I uploaded will be deleted.. There was an option where I could delay that date for a year. If I missed that email they would have just deleted all my music. Now I have to download all my shit and figure out what to do next...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tremolo said:

The first thing to do next is throw that retarded alexa cunt in the garbage.

The problem with online storage is that there is no guarantee it will still be there in 10 years.

The notion of hyperconectivity is so overbloated, like it’s the best thing ever when in reality it is not and in fact brings a lot of issues that never used to be a “thing” or a problem.

I hardly use the Alexa for music. I use Amazon music on my phone and it is actually awesome.  I have access to the 7,000 songs that I uploaded anytime. I use it at the gym, in my car, wherever. It has a cool interface..  I just figured Amazon was so huge that it wouldn't be going anywhere. I can still download everything to a hard drive though and just upload it somewhere else.  I still buy CD's just to have the physical copy but I am not bring a discman to the gym lol.  It was bad enough I was still bringing and ipod there up until this past year hah