Irrational fears

willl

Thought this might be a fun topic :D

Look at these evil bastards....

seagull-249638_960_720.jpg

Oystercatcher.jpg

117053-004-9BDDBB1A.jpg

No idea why I'm so scared of birds, just something about their beady little eyes, and the fact that they could literally peck my eyes out and fly away that terrifies me. Must run in the family as my sister is terrified of birds too.

I'm okay providing they keep well away from me and don't swoop down near me, but I swear they can sense my fear. They intentionally wait until I'm really close, and then they just appear from nowhere and start flapping their wings and squawking which sends shivers down my spine and I resort to using my girlfriend as a human shield :lol: Pheasants in particular have perfected this attack method, whenever they spring up I can't even put into words how scared I am, I just bolt as fast and as far as possible due to the life-or-death situation I'm faced with lol.

So what are the rest of you scared of? Spiders, dogs, water, DJ Ashba returning to Guns..... ?

bd909ff5d53d924316f2f607bdb65ee94e27eb9d

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Rats.  I dont like fuckin rats.  You wouldn’t be able to tell or anything but...yeah, don’t like em.  I ain’t gonna cry or run away with a rat in the vicinity or anything, I just don’t get on with em.  Any type of insects, reptile I ain’t got no problem with but rats, yeuck.  It comes from a picture I once saw I think, in this book given to me by some fuckin’ friend of my Dad, it was a christmassy book during christmas time and anyway it was really vividly illustrated but there was this one scene depicted where like, this whole christmas scene was like...taken over by rats.  Like overrun, thousands of the little fuckers all over the place.  It was this weird nightmare-ish contrast, on the one hand it was the christmas scene in all its glory, next minute its being overrun by all these little hairy fuckers, thousands of em.  

Never fuckin’ liked em, fuckin’ germy diseasey little fuckin’ bastards.

• Like 1

A Place in the Sun, the daytime travel-property show.

Dogs. Hate dogs and they hate me. 

Not great with heights.

PS

Oh yes, I hate flying and airports and just everything associated with flying to be honest. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

5 minutes ago, action said:

you mean that's a real person? ok now you've really creeped me out :lol:

he looks like a clown without makeup, if that makes sense.

No one actually really knows who he is?  He's a...boy thats kinda been in the American conciousness for over a century on some level or another, who was kinda of co-opted by Mad Magazine in the 1950s as the sort of poster child of their...thing, their ouevre, I guess his expression suggests a sort of unconcerned nerdy prankster type.  God knows where he got the name Alfred E Neuman.  They trace early pictures of him right the way back to the 1800s.

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

No one actually really knows who he is?  He's a...boy thats kinda been in the American conciousness for over a century on some level or another, who was kinda of co-opted by Mad Magazine in the 1950s as the sort of poster child of their...thing, their ouevre, I guess his expression suggests a sort of unconcerned nerdy prankster type.  God knows where he got the name Alfred E Neuman.  They trace early pictures of him right the way back to the 1800s.

yes, Len. We all know of 1950's magazines and their posters. How could we not?

giphy.gif

:lol:

20180408_100326.jpg?w=640

There it is!  Fuckin' evil thing!  It gets crazier inside, I even found the fuckin' rat page!

20180408_100538.jpg?w=640

Damn, look at that shit, fuckin' rats everywhere, rats on the roof, rats in the window.  And everyone looks so weird and mechanical, like that one fuckin' story, whats it called, with the guy and the clocks and the mechanical bitch and the guy goes crazy over her?  I can't remember the name right now, The Sandman, there you go!  Look at that shit though, that ain't Christmassy, its crazy!  Its worse than crazy, its evil, I mean thats what they got set up here, menace, fuckin' pagan idolatry, look around you! :lol:

6 minutes ago, action said:

yes, Len. We all know of 1950's magazines and their posters. How could we not?

giphy.gif

:lol:

Mad Magazine isn't some kinda fuckin' obscure 1950s magazine that was never heard of since, its a fuckin' institution...in American anyway, you never heard of Mad Magazine, seriously?!

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Mad Magazine isn't some kinda fuckin' obscure 1950s magazine that was never heard of since, its a fuckin' institution...in American anyway, you never heard of Mad Magazine, seriously?!

Belgian here. :shrugs:only magazine we know is "Humo" (that's not a typo, btw)

Edited by action

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Its like seriously huge, culturally speaking.  Its like a satirical thing, kinda like The New Statesman almost but more for like...juvenile end of the market? 

I dont know the new statesman either.

I think it's best we leave it at here. now that the damage done to my image is still repairable. Kind of :P

• Haha 1

From early childhood until I was 17 I had an irrational, and increasingly worsening fear of butterflies. Most other creatures have a predictable way of going about life. Legs bend at the knees and in most cases, walk in the direction they’re facing. But butterflies don’t play that game and can fly into your face on a malicious day.

I don’t have a problem with them now, but I still don’t find them beautiful.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Its like seriously huge, culturally speaking.  Its like a satirical thing, kinda like The New Statesman almost but more for like...juvenile end of the market? 

We had Mad in Norway. I instantly found it funny when you changed your avatar to Alfred E Neumann. 

On topic: heights. 

xoubCqNh.jpg

These fuckers.  Silverfish.  They get pretty big, arent afraid of humans.  Will run right at you if they see you trying to get em. Their bodies thread and weave as they scurry in a manner right out of a horror film.  They sit on toilet bowls.  Can withstand a stomp or two with a boot!  But are harmless and I dont believe they even bite.

• Like 1

I have more irrational fears than I can count. 

I'm also terrified of birds... it's the feathers that bother me, the bigger the bird the scarier. I must have had a bad experience with a bird when I was really young, I don't know why else I would be scared of them.

I was once sitting in a park in New York City and I kept looking at the shrubs behind me to check for pigeons coming up to me, and some homeless person sitting near me saw the fear in my eyes and said ''don't worry, there are no rats here'', so I said ''it's not the rats I mind, it's the pigeons that scare me'', and then he looked at me funny and walked away : (

Edited by EvanG
  • Haha 1

My irrational fear is apocalyptic asteroids and thinking it could be any day and second one smacks into us. I can’t watch documentaries about it or listen to Brian Cox on stargazing or anything like that because I will waste so much time worrying about it all when there’s nothing that can be done about it....

Im worrying about it now. 

• Like 2

I try to avoid heights at all costs. I'm okay with flying once the plane gets to its assigned altitude but anything else can fuck right off. I've been to Chicago many times and have never once set foot in the Sears tower and I intend to keep it that way. I'm planning on moving to Minneapolis next year and if I get a job in a tall building, I want the company to be in the bottom 5 stories of the building.

Also, driving on the big freeways scare me a little because I'm always expecting some jackwagon on his phone to swerve into my lane at 75mph.