Steven announces new singer Constantine Maroulis

I wish the guy would just disband Adler's Appetite and follow the Matt Sorum playbook. Collab with other talented musicians - offer your services to kickass bands out there and evolve. Even Slash, the consummate cock rocker, has worked with others outside of his comfort zone. 

Playing Appetite every single show and rocking out with your mullet like it's 1987 with a 3rd rate singer is not going to make the GnR corporation miss you. If he insists on doing that, then take a page from SMKC. 

I like that he's trying to do his own thing and making the best of a bad situation but he's hurting his credibility a lot with interviews like this. Silence speaks volumes Steven. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Playing Appetite every single show and rocking out with your mullet like it's 1987 with a 3rd rate singer is not going to make the GnR corporation miss you.

He could be playing with Axl's idols Elton John or Trent Reznor and that still wouldn't be enough for Axl to give Steven a call.

They just don't get along.

It is that simple.

• GNFNR 1

28 minutes ago, RONIN said:

I wish the guy would just disband Adler's Appetite and follow the Matt Sorum playbook. Collab with other talented musicians - offer your services to kickass bands out there and evolve. Even Slash, the consummate cock rocker, has worked with others outside of his comfort zone. 

Playing Appetite every single show and rocking out with your mullet like it's 1987 with a 3rd rate singer is not going to make the GnR corporation miss you. If he insists on doing that, then take a page from SMKC. 

I like that he's trying to do his own thing and making the best of a bad situation but he's hurting his credibility a lot with interviews like this. Silence speaks volumes Steven. 

His forthcoming collaborations with hip hop musicians are interesting - and the most noteworthy thing he has done post GnR. He could focus on those and open even more. But he's been fixated on the glorious Sunset Strip days and can't get over them, and this is the result.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

His forthcoming collaborations with hip hop musicians are interesting - and the most noteworthy thing he has done post GnR. He could focus on those and open even more. But he's been fixated on the glorious Sunset Strip days and can't get over them, and this is the result.

Agreed. The hip hop collab is an encouraging sign. Steven could guest on albums like Slash till the end of time - he's the legendary original drummer for one of the greatest rock bands ever - and he's played on one of the most iconic albums in history. Why rehash yourself in a cover band when you have that kind of legacy?  

It seems like he thinks that people only want to hear him play Appetite and that is the only recipe to find success and longevity for his band. Ironically, commercial success has more likelihood of occurring the further he removes himself from the late 80's he's so mired in creatively. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, killuridols said:

I dont know about Gilby but Sebastian likes his own solo career and he's doing pretty good at it. He's about to release a new album, I think.

Also Gilby never worked with Steven, right?

Plus Gilby and Steven played together at the hall of fame induction. At NAMM in January I saw Steven go by the booth where Gilby was about to perform and give him a hug.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Plus Gilby and Steven played together at the hall of fame induction. At NAMM in January I saw Steven go by the booth where Gilby was about to perform and give him a hug.

Oooh, thanks, I did not remember this!

Wow, Steven had short hair, was as skinny as Duff (lol) and Pappo was still alive :unsure:

• Like 1

If they come to the UK I'll go and see them since I've never seen Steven live.

I really enjoyed his band "Adler", hope they'll be throwing in some of their songs into the set. I'd genuinely much rather hear those live :headbang:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RONIN said:

Steven could guest on albums like Slash till the end of time - he's the legendary original drummer for one of the greatest rock bands ever - and he's played on one of the most iconic albums in history. Why rehash yourself in a cover band when you have that kind of legacy?  

Probably because that is his only cling to fame. Slash is a prolific musician and songwriter, who doesn't need GnR to be moderately successful, Steven unfortunately isn't. In order for him to make real money in this business and to have a career, he needs to rely on his one real achievement in music, and that's AFD, therefore 30 years later he's still holding on to it for dear life. 

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, default_ said:

Steven and Gilby toured Argentina together in 2004 I believe. 

It was 2001 and only two cities.

52 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

So he puts himself in the pointless and ill-fated process to compete with the current GnR by "doing it right" with a cover band and a singer from American idol who is a "real rockstar"

I'm not sure he's that naive, though. I have the feeling the things he says he doesn't believe them for real and that he knows he needs to promote his shows in this way because that's the hook, but I don't think deep inside he truly believes he can compete with the current GN'R.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Very cool! I have never seen that before \m/

As for Steven's singer.. ouch.... I would love to support him if he came around this area but that singer is a total ass clown.. Totally not what I had in mind..  I wouldn't definitely have to put some consideration into going to see that show.. They would have to put on some mind changing performances, be close and a weekend.  I didn't think that faceless video they posted a couple weeks ago was that bad so hopefully it is better than it looks like it might be.. Hopefully good enough to go see for $25-$30 bucks while throwing back a few beers.

Saw Steven with Joe Leste on vocals twice and they were good times... Maybe he will rethink things if does any shows in the states.

On 4/29/2018 at 7:01 PM, Asia said:

Aaaa, OMG, my ears have just died, what's been heard cannot be unheard... Why, Steven, why, I thought you weren't deaf... I was wrong.

oh boy, this is so fn awful, poor Steven has probably pudding instead of brain in his scul now

• Like 1

On 4/29/2018 at 1:01 PM, Asia said:

Aaaa, OMG, my ears have just died, what's been heard cannot be unheard... Why, Steven, why, I thought you weren't deaf... I was wrong.

Yikes. That was really really really godawfly horrible.

• Like 1

Hahahahaha god damn.  The people that play in his “band” must be real hard up.  This Constantine guy just sacrifice any career possibilities he might have had.  

I’m so sorry GnR let him play a couple songs on the recent tour.  How embarrassing to be associated with Steven

• Like 1