gunsguy

Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

21 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes. Same with licensing the back catalogue for various usages.

Thanks 😀 

25 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

DcAej5gWAAINmu8.jpg:large

@Roadhouse Chalk Farm Road London NW1 8EH

awesome! - just spent 20 mins in the p*ssing rain looking for it with no direction!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, janrichmond said:

http://www.gnr.fm/ link

I think it's the remastered AFD 

Sorry for being all negative-nancy here, but why would I care about that? AFD is perfect to me. Give me something new already. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jettesnel said:

2018 Will be a bigger year for guns than 2017

Fernando has said similar things before. He has a way of getting people excited over nothing. 

THREE HOUR MEETING STARTS NOW! 

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guns N' Roses, the way they operates now, reminds me of a certain sporting administration body which has particular interest for me - I'll not bore you with the details. Very impersonal, corporate and ''filtered'', as if there is this big wall between the band and their public profile.  

• Sad 1

I'm not falling for it this time. Not after the 30th anniversary promo that ended up nothing! 

I've been let down too many times. 

Theres no way in hell this is a reunion for a one off show. It makes NO sense to do this now. 

more likeky one of the following 

1. Radio channel with bits and bobs plus all the albums on rotation (whoopdey do) 

2. AFD remastered (whoopdey do) 

3. Nothing - just like the billboards in time square that lead us all on only for it to be a few more gigs. 

4. New merch on top of a repackaged AFD to celebrate it (the timing is still weird if it's this) 

im prepared to put everything I've got on it that it's not an AFD5 show. 

I don't know what it is, all I know is I'm prepared to throw my money and time at it.

Posted (edited)

More tour dates with current line up or AFD re-release with no extra content at all but a shitty, way too loud remaster.

Edited by El Guapo

Posted (edited)

I know there's a lot of (valid) scepticism about this, but it would be a pretty low blow for the band/TB to specifically use the imagery of the original 5 members for something that doesn't directly involve Izzy and Steven. All other promo seems to have consistently included just Axl/Slash/Duff.. I'm sure I've even seen skulls of Melissa/Frank/Fortus included in promo/merch previously.. 

I guess I'm just saying this to rule out theories of more tour dates or activities involving the NITL lineup.

Edited by sparka

Just made a little research: the domain name gnr.fm was registered march 21 and belongs to Universal Music...

So it seems to me that it’s more likely to be some kind of remaster / reissue (they would never use AF5 artwork for new music and touring is up to LiveNation...)

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Shalalaknees said:

Just made a little research: the domain name gnr.fm was registered march 21 and belongs to Universal Music...

So it seems to me that it’s more likely to be some kind of remaster / reissue (they would never use AF5 artwork for new music and touring is up to LiveNation...)

An AFD re-release seems most likely, but it's generic. Of course many people will buy it, and that's what the management would be hoping for. But people who have been following the band through the wilderness years, the Chinese years, and through the reunion years - us - have been left out in the cold. I'm not very interested in a re-release of an already perfect 31 year-old album, but then again, i am not the target audience.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

I'm glad everyone seems to be calming down and realizing this is probably just an AFD re-release. 

• Like 4

I don’t even think it means an AFD remaster. They’ll probably stream 1 show on that site. And we’ll be right back where we were last week. 

I don't know how the tickets for the upcoming tour are selling, but many places have probably not sold out yet. So far they haven't done a lot of advertising, so now a few months before the tour they are probably starting. Last week there was a discount action deal for tickets to the show in my country announced through a press release. Coincidence?

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

I don't know how the tickets for the upcoming tour are selling, but many places have probably not sold out yet. So far they haven't done a lot of advertising, so now a few months before the tour they are probably starting. Last week there was a discount action deal for tickets to the show in my country announced through a press release. Coincidence?

Maybe universal music trying to take advantage of upcoming shows for whatever they are advertising.  Why would universal music advertise for a tour where Live Nation and the band get the revenue?

• Like 1

My guess is a London show as a warm up gig, like the Apollo show was. Maybe a venue from 87 if they are still around? 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Maybe universal music trying to take advantage of upcoming shows for whatever they are advertising.  Why would universal music advertise for a tour where Live Nation and the band get the revenue?

Whatever they're doing, releasing another clothing or shampoo line, there's definitely a correlation between this and the Euro tour... the timing can't be a coincidence.

Edited by EvanG

My opinion: afd reissue (not remastered cause why would they?) With 2 new songs and probably some old demos + streaming radio station for promoting the new songs and reissue

• Like 1

Well...what better way to make people buy something they already have than put a completely new song from the NITL era on it? I hope that's the case.