Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

11 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Maybe. But it says Super Deluxe Edition in the video as well.

The items that are listed under Super Deluxe on the video are the 4 CDs, the Blu-Ray and the book. So maybe it's without the vinyls?

But then again, the price difference between AFD Deluxe $19.98 (2 CDs) and AFD Super Deluxe ($179.98) is too big for just being about 2 more CDs, a Blu-Ray and the book. Or maybe it will have the memorabilia/gadgets too but not the vinyls?

Edited by Blackstar

I’m pretty underwhelmed to be honest.

After years of cash grab touring, then a cash grab reunion tour, we now got a cash grab on the back catelogue.

Ill went to the shows, and I’ll still buy this ..... But....  It all just feels very corporate

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Saltzy said:

I don't even have an issue with the product itself.  It actually looks pretty badass, and any die hard fan would obviously love to have one.

What I have an issue with is setting up a dedicated website with a fucking countdown clock and way markers you need to active GPS on your phone for and shit to follow.... all for a fucking box set.

This band KILLED it with how they handled the Troubadour show.  Having a super secret location you needed to be at to score insanely limited tickets to their 1st show back together at a small club they cut their teeth in, and handing out limited edition collectors versions of the tickets to the crowd as they stood in line to get in.  Fucking badass.  I couldn't have loved that any more.

Outside of the Vegas shows afterwards, which were also amazing, I basically loathe how this band has handled everything since.

I disagree. In fact I think this marketing campaign is pretty brilliant. I have 2 issues though. 

1. For a normal band that has released an album in the past 2 or even 5 years, this would make sense. However, because GnR releases are less common than bigfoot sightings you'd sort of expect this to be for a new album rather than a re-issue. That's a classic case of GnR being it's own worst enemy. If they actually had put out an album recently, people would all agree this is brilliant. Now they're divided. 

2. The product itself and it's pricing. It's not just a GnR thing. Recently Pink Floyd did it too. I think 600+ is absolutely ridiculous. I'm wondering what the "regular" releases will be and how they'll be priced. So I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now. But for a release this widely marketed, you need a more accessable product at a more accessable price. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The items that are listed under Super Deluxe on the video are the 4 CDs, the Blu-Ray and the book. So maybe it's without the vinyls?

But then again, the price difference between AFD Deluxe $19.98 (2 CDs) and AFD Super Deluxe ($179.98) is too big for just being about 2 more CDs, a Blu-Ray and the book.

I thought the same. 20 bucks for two discs, then 160 bucks for 3 discs and a book seems on the steep side.

Edited by Spirit
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Hmm, if it's just a 2-disc version before a $180 boxset that'd be disappointing; makes me expect Live Like a Suicide & the B-Sides compilation to be packaged separately.

I agree. I'm sort of expecting the 180 set to be all the vinyl and I'm hoping for 2-disc and 4-disc cd sets. But realistically the "normal" release could just be AFD and the B-Sides & EP's disc. Which would be a huge disappointment to me. 

It's also related to this: 

How will they divide things over discs... Will there be LP-only USB-only tracks? 

If a 2-disc set is the only affordable option I'll be perfectly fine torrenting the fuck out of the rest. 

Edited by username

5 minutes ago, Spirit said:

I thought the same. 20 bucks for two discs, then 160 bucks for 3 discs and a book seems on the steep side.

Maybe Super Deluxe will also have the memorabilia, but not the vinyls? Or some of the vinyls but not all and not the memorabilia?

And still, the difference this time between the Super Deluxe for $179 and the rumoured price for Locked N' Loaded ($650) is too big if it's only for the vinyls.

So maybe Locked N' Loaded won't be that expensive.

Edited by Blackstar