Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

2 minutes ago, username said:

That'd technically mean it offers $470 worth of crap. I'd expect the 180 version to contain less vinyl if anything. 

The $650 thing is only a rumour though, whereas the $20 and $180 on Amazon are at least indicative.

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

There's absolutely no way on the earth that the box with everything is $180

Yeah, I agree. But really what is there in it that would push it north of $300?

2 minutes ago, username said:

I MIGHT consider 180 for all the cd's and the vinyl. But I don't realistically expect that. 

Which means you're paying a couple of hundred at least for a box and some prints. I'm sorry but I don't get where the value is here.

3 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Which means you're paying a couple of hundred at least for a box and some prints. I'm sorry but I don't get where the value is here.

True. So it probably won't have the vinyl. Maybe the book? 

Edited by username

3 minutes ago, tremolo said:

What is a 7-inch adapter? Is it somethig for your dick? Seriously, what is it?

The usb has music in it. It is 192kbps. I don’t understand why choose such a lossy format. Wav or flac AND mp3 would have been cool (it’s pretty much a standard in the digital format).

It's 192 kHz

CD-quality is 44.1 kHz / 16 bit I believe.

Just now, TheGeneral said:

I'm so confused...

All I'm really interested in are the 4 CDs...

...assuming that everything listed (73 songs, 49 unreleased) will be on the 4 cd's. Spoiler alert: it's probably not. 

Probably a stupid question and one I should probably already know but why would they intentionally leave some of the really importand stuff out? I would imagine this is THE boxset for AFD so wouldn’t you want to go balls to the wall with actual music content? (Not just the little trinkets) 

**we don’t actually know the depth of what these unreleased tracks are so it could totally blow our minds, I’m just speculating**

10 minutes ago, Dazey said:

The box comes with a handmade AFD cross, I guess that's a lot of work for who makes it :question:

But its probably some poor guy in Latinamerica and he will get only 20 bucks for each cross....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Propaganda said:

I'm guessing they have probably re-recorded the demos so they don't have to pay royalties to Alan Niven, or Am I wrong?

Alan Niven didn't write any of the songs? He doesn't collect royalties.

• Like 2

Just now, killuridols said:

The box comes with a handmade AFD cross, I guess that's a lot of work for who makes it :question:

But its probably some poor guy in Latinamerica and he will get only 20 bucks for each cross....

Nah, they probably had some of Beta's neices and nephews stitch it together for a dime or two. 

Just now, Edward Nigma said:

Maybe this is an attempt from the band to release the rarities from the appetite sessions and basically close the chapter on appetite. I mean moving on to release new music & new albums.

Personally I would be intrigued if they do something similar to UYI.

Shouldn't stand in the way of new music anyways.

• Like 1

Just now, Edward Nigma said:

Maybe this is an attempt from the band to release the rarities from the appetite sessions and basically close the chapter on appetite. I mean moving on to release new music & new albums.

Or a more cynical (realistic) way of looking at it is this will hold off questions of new music from the label/press/fans for as long as possible. UYI likely next.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Propaganda said:

I thought they had to pay him something because he released Live Like a Suicide on his own label.

I think Geffen paid for that, even though the label Uzi Suicide was created to make it appear indie.

• Like 1

I wish they just limited this thing to like 500 or 1,000 of them.

That I would have at least considered dropping whatever the final price is gonna be on.

If it is anywhere close to the $650 being thrown around and there are thousands and thousands made there is a 0% chance they will sell them out.  Certainly anytime soon at least.

This reaks of people unloading opened up, 'slightly used' sets on ebay for like 1/2 the original price within a year from now. 

Edited by Saltzy