Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

3 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

I thought 113 was fair for it.  The book is gonna be cool, the quality sounds a lot better than before, that third disc sounds awesome.  The blu ray sounds dope.

It seems like a decent box for what i paid for it.  I'm also excited to get a somewhat new release from gnr too  

Yeah $113 isn't bad. Where did you see that?

I've cancelled my DeepDiscount.com order at $127 and ordered from ImportCD.com using the TAKE10 code to get 10% off which brings the price down to $117 shipped to Texas.

DeepDiscount and ImportCDs are storefronts for the same distributor, so it made sense to save $10 since the product will come from the same warehouse.

https://www.importcds.com/guns-n-roses-appetite-for-destruction/602567523758

The TAKE10 code expires at 4PM Eastern USA time on Thursday June 14th.

9 hours ago, action said:

life is all about experiences. and as they say "once you got that money it cost more now" and ain't that the truth

the super deluxe version will be a special experience alright.

from the sight of new GNR product, the feel of the package, the smell of the paper, the goodies, the poster, the 4CD's with appetite stuff, the blu ray....

I believe I have asked for this very product not so long ago: appetite remaster and outtakes. and here is what I wished for.

shut up and take my fucking money

i have no idea what kind of experience you can have with a load of toys

i much rather have a... how can i phrase it... huh... music/listening experience?

now THAT is why i love GNR and THAT is worth my money!

6 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Importcds.com has it for 126 and a 10% off promotion

Thanks, I will check it out.  I gotta say that version of Jungle just released didn't inspire me at all though. It was cool to hear once but it just sounded like an unfinished song and I have other versions very similar. AM hoping there are actually alternate versions that actually rival or are better than the studio tracks. Like a Zeppelin BBC sessions or something..

Unsure if he was at the windup, but the singer for the G2R tribute band met Duff last night and must've got talking about the price of the boxset, which Duff apparently said was 'fucked.' Comments have since been deleted. I wonder if TB involved Slash and Duff in this whole process?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2018 at 12:12 PM, SMG said:

There's a difference between an authentic 5.1 mix as opposed to a stereo track being manipulated into 5.1....just saying.

Haven't you read?

"New 96kHz 24-bit 5.1 Surround Sound Mixes from Original Analog Multi-tracks”

Here in Holland there's a contest where you can win tickets to an apparent release party at 27/06 in Amsterdam. There arent really much details about the party. The band is playing in Bordeaux, so they arent there. 

I3XExBW.png

Found some more details, there will be cover band performing AFD in its entirety. 

Edited by LovelessNL

3 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

Here in Holland there's a contest where you can win tickets to an apparent release party at 27/06 in Amsterdam. There arent really much details about the party. The band is playing in Bordeaux, so they arent there. 

I3XExBW.png

Found some more details, there will be cover band performing AFD in its entirety. 

It's not even on sugarfactory's agenda... Weird. I bet they'll have a cover band. Or Adler. :lol: 

On 6/9/2018 at 12:20 AM, rockphantom said:

I've cancelled my DeepDiscount.com order at $127 and ordered from ImportCD.com using the TAKE10 code to get 10% off which brings the price down to $117 shipped to Texas.

DeepDiscount and ImportCDs are storefronts for the same distributor, so it made sense to save $10 since the product will come from the same warehouse.

https://www.importcds.com/guns-n-roses-appetite-for-destruction/602567523758

The TAKE10 code expires at 4PM Eastern USA time on Thursday June 14th.

how do you know when they have coupon codes (do they post on their page or do you get them in email since you've ordered from them before)?

Edited by smiley

53 minutes ago, hitmanhart408 said:

I think this is a new article. 

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/8461630/guns-n-roses-appetite-destruction-locked-n-loaded-edition

The band, which reunited in April 2016, expects most sales to come from abroad as it tours Europe this summer.

I'm guessing you meant to put this in the boxed set thread instead of HOB 2001, so I moved it. 

Having said that, I truly don't know how many of these the band could possibly be expecting to sell. 

have they lowered the price on that $1,000 thing to $300-$400 yet? that was my price point a few months ago when it was announced, but now with each passing day I am less interested in it and I am guessing my price point on it might be $150 in a couple of months

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:09 PM, 31illusions said:

I wouldn't do it any other way.

me too. I buy anything and everything I can from amazon.com. I have always gotten my stuff on time and in one piece.

Only way to go! :)

5 minutes ago, k12 said:

have they lowered the price on that $1,000 thing to $300-$400 yet? that was my price point a few months ago when it was announced, but now with each passing day I am less interested in it and I am guessing my price point on it might be $150 in a couple of months

I know the deluxe package on amazon.com has gone down some. I think I'm paying around $135 now. I just hope it's released on time and I get it on time.

I also ordered some copies of the two cd set for my family.

Never tire of listing to AFD.

26 minutes ago, k12 said:

Nah, the price won't be lowered until a couple of months after release. HOWEVER, with there being over 10,000 of these things I'm certain you, me and everyone else will get one of for the $400-$500 price range. 

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Nah, the price won't be lowered until a couple of months after release. HOWEVER, with there being over 10,000 of these things I'm certain you, me and everyone else will get one of for the $400-$500 price range. 

quoted for reference in a few months ;)  haha - getting them in the $200 - $400 range would be even better ;)

i'm a big collector... but as k12 posted earlier... as time goes on, the less $$$ i really feel like dumping on this. it's just too much for the return. i do plan to get the super deluxe version on sale at some point (close to $100 would be nice).

11 hours ago, k12 said:

Lol it hasnt even come out yet.  Of course they didnt lower the price.  And my guess with this honestly it will never drop below 750.  I could see a 25% off sale around the holiday if it isn't selling well but 150 is just silly.

39 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Lol it hasnt even come out yet.  Of course they didnt lower the price.  And my guess with this honestly it will never drop below 750.  I could see a 25% off sale around the holiday if it isn't selling well but 150 is just silly.

I agree, I am guessing by the Holidays it is going to be around $750, but even that is insanely over priced, but if there are really 10,000 of these things I am guessing no more than 1,000 of them are going to be sold at the $750-$1,000 price point so I am guessing eventually they are going to have to drastically reduce it, might take at least a year or 2 to swallow their pride and offer them at around $400-$500 price point which is what it should have been from the get go, but by the time that rolls around most people are going to forget they are even available and the $400-$500 price is going to seem insanely expensive.  I would really love to know how many of these things are sold at the $1,000 price

and in addition they are fucking themselves because those fans that would have bought it maybe at around $500 are going to buy the $150 box set and in no way going to want to cough up another $500 for essentially a few Vinyls and patches and stickers or whatever else they included in the $1,000 thing, if there are really 10,000 of these things going to be sitting in a warehouse starting next week I am guessing they are going to have to be selling them at around $300-$400 sometime in the next few years

Edited by k12

14 hours ago, RussTCB said:

That's what I'm waiting for. However, I wouldn't mind buying those buttons and patches separately from the locked n loaded set.