Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

2 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Is it different from the leaked one? I have 2 JJF, the acoustic and electric. Honestly, I dont know which are new in the set. lol

I think there is an acoustic and Electric in the set..  I think the acoustic one I always had was live I think.. I thought this would be more of a studio session.. Not really sure either though to be honest.

• Like 1

Well I just went back and listened.. I always thought it was live for some reason but just went back and listened and I guess it isn't.  Looks like it will be a cleaned up version of the one we have always had.  Still look forward to hearing it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, action said:

i disagree with this line of thinking

would picasso be any less of an artist if he only made 2 paintings? do the GNR albums lose any quality because there aren't any more being made?

is "making new material" a condition to be called an artist? "making new material" is a characteristic of a factory, not an artist

so they recycle old work, for those who want it. I can not claim, with a straight face, that the members of GNR aren't artists. claiming so, does not have a factual backing. it's a bit ridiculous, frankly.

yes, they are predictable, absolutely agree. but I appreciate the albums that exist, otherwise I wouldnt be here to begin with

It would be ridiculous if I said they weren't artists, you're correct. I didn't say that though. I was saying, you're artists, create something new and stop resting on your laurels (and I mean Axl, as slash and duff continue releasing music). I'm also saying, shake up your show a bit... Ok, they played slither... should've played it 2 years ago... SOYL... Ok, a throwaway from 30 years ago... black hole sun and witchita lineup... tributes to guys who left us last year... Ok, got it... drop them and add something else THIS year... change up the order of the songs once in a while. 

Anyway, back on topic, sorry lol

It's sort of odd to call GNR an artistic band, because even though all the members are artists in some way, 'GNR' became a touring collection of performers some time ago. Slash has his album and tour, Duff has like 3 other bands and Axl has AC/DC. But GNR is the dancing monkey that fills their bank accounts more of a brand than a band at this point, isn't it? I mean at least other 'legendary bands' like Aerosmith, Metallica, AC/DC, Sabbath, Bon Jovi, RHCP all released albums in the last few years, even the Stones released a covers album which is better than nothing. GNR release t-shirts and old songs.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's sort of odd to call GNR an artistic band, because even though all the members are artists in some way, 'GNR' became a touring collection of performers some time ago. Slash has his album and tour, Duff has like 3 other bands and Axl has AC/DC. But GNR is the dancing monkey that fills their bank accounts more of a brand than a band at this point, isn't it? I mean at least other 'legendary bands' like Aerosmith, Metallica, AC/DC, Sabbath, Bon Jovi, RHCP all released albums in the last few years, even the Stones released a covers album which is better than nothing. GNR release t-shirts and old songs.

To be more precise, it's the best thing they've released in over two decades :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When you can't even get the hardcore GNR fans who go crazy for a shitty quality leak of Silkworms on board for these deluxe sets, you know some thing is wrong lol

Watching the unboxing of the $1000 box, it just... I honestly find more value in my original issue Appetite vinyl paired with Reckless Road.  That is all you need

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I found all of those albums to be utter shit. I discard them from my regular playlists, the quality is that bad

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, action said:

I found all of those albums to be utter shit. I discard them from my regular playlists, the quality is that bad

so true. that's why a totally different bunch of bands is interesting nowadays, as every "classic" act is just producing garbage. 

4 hours ago, action said:

I'm ready and set for this. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am, to hear appetite in blu ray through my 5.1 logitech sound system. That alone, is worth the price of admission many times over. Appetite is my favorite album ever, to the point it has some kind of mythical status. For decades and decades, the original 1987 master was all we had. There are so many layers to this album, from steven's drums, izzy's rhythm, Slash's lead, duff's bass and Axl's vocals. All these layers will be separated in discrete 5.1 and blast through my 6 speakers in blistering DTS decoding.

I've played some blu ray concerts through it, to get in the mood, and that ain't no joke. I played zeppelin's DVD, played rock n' roll and bonham's drums sounded like thunder. That's when I knew I was good to go.

I could do with this box set until the end of days. All what comes next, by any artist, is just a bonus.

This

7 hours ago, zombux said:

so true. that's why a totally different bunch of bands is interesting nowadays, as every "classic" act is just producing garbage. 

Sabbath s 13 was amazing, way better than anything they did post Sabotage with the exception of Heaven and Hell. 

I really enjoy Blue and Lonesome and A Bigger Bang. 

Found the last RHCP album quite enjoyable.

And then there is Chinese Democracy. I bet people here who are against a new album from this lineup would kill for CDII released. So, thing is: Different Strokes. We'll never know if they can do a good album if they never do it. 

16 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

:lol:

1 minute jam + acoustic jam.

For fucks sake Guns.

:facepalm:

What do you expect them to do?  Go back in time and finish the song or make it longer just for you?

Everyone here is so entitled.

They are putting out what the record label has in the vault.  if this is what they have this is what they have.  

I'm sure in 1985 Slash and Axl were saying "hey wouldn't it be funny if we left this song unfinished just to piss off the members of mygnr forum"

Like I said if this is what they have it's what they have.  I doubt 32 years ago they were considering writing extra material for an eventual box set.

Personally i would much rather them empty the vaults rather than sit on what they have because it isn't good enough for you.  

• Like 4

On 6/26/2018 at 11:04 AM, Bitchisback said:

Everyone here is so entitled.

Nah.

2 hours ago, TupacShakur said:

will the entire new albums show up on spotify tonight?

I think so, yeah. Should be up around midnight EST if I'm not mistaken.

I'm still wondering if I should buy the SDE. I'm interested in the 5.1 mix mostly.

The three tracks already available have got my hopes up, but I still fear what Ted Jensen can do on the remastering side.

On 6/26/2018 at 9:53 AM, ChristmasFnatic said:

So who are actually buying the $180 or $999 one? Most here seems happy to just stream it.

I bought the Super Deluxe and the Vinyl-only package. Gives me the best of the L&L box (IMO) for about $200

On 6/25/2018 at 7:33 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Please go join a forum for an artist you respect. Nobody needs or wants your negativity here 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1