gunsguy

Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

Acoustic Move to the city is awesome

16 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

:lol:

1 minute jam + acoustic jam.

For fucks sake Guns.

:facepalm:

What do you expect them to do?  Go back in time and finish the song or make it longer just for you?

Everyone here is so entitled.

They are putting out what the record label has in the vault.  if this is what they have this is what they have.  

I'm sure in 1985 Slash and Axl were saying "hey wouldn't it be funny if we left this song unfinished just to piss off the members of mygnr forum"

Like I said if this is what they have it's what they have.  I doubt 32 years ago they were considering writing extra material for an eventual box set.

Personally i would much rather them empty the vaults rather than sit on what they have because it isn't good enough for you.  

• Like 4

On 6/26/2018 at 11:04 AM, Bitchisback said:

Everyone here is so entitled.

Nah.

2 hours ago, TupacShakur said:

will the entire new albums show up on spotify tonight?

I think so, yeah. Should be up around midnight EST if I'm not mistaken.

I'm still wondering if I should buy the SDE. I'm interested in the 5.1 mix mostly.

The three tracks already available have got my hopes up, but I still fear what Ted Jensen can do on the remastering side.

On 6/26/2018 at 9:53 AM, ChristmasFnatic said:

So who are actually buying the $180 or $999 one? Most here seems happy to just stream it.

I bought the Super Deluxe and the Vinyl-only package. Gives me the best of the L&L box (IMO) for about $200

On 6/25/2018 at 7:33 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

It's sort of odd to call GNR an artistic band, because even though all the members are artists in some way, 'GNR' became a touring collection of performers some time ago. Slash has his album and tour, Duff has like 3 other bands and Axl has AC/DC. But GNR is the dancing monkey that fills their bank accounts more of a brand than a band at this point, isn't it? I mean at least other 'legendary bands' like Aerosmith, Metallica, AC/DC, Sabbath, Bon Jovi, RHCP all released albums in the last few years, even the Stones released a covers album which is better than nothing. GNR release t-shirts and old songs.

Please go join a forum for an artist you respect. Nobody needs or wants your negativity here 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking forward to everyone receiving their packages and reviewing them here :)

5 minutes ago, Lio said:

Looking forward to everyone receiving their packages and reviewing them here :)

absolutely. watch this space.

by this point, it's so close I can already smell the faux leather :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, ramsey said:

Please go join a forum for an artist you respect. Nobody needs or wants your negativity here 

I agree 100% with @Gordon Comstock.  It’s very sad that the only album Axl has released since 1993 is Chinese Democracy.  1 record in 25 years.  That’s fucking ridiculous.  It’s obvious people are STARVED to hear new material because people go nuts over a cellphone recording and a 51 second jam from 1987 because it has new vocals.  I used to be a big Axl fan, especially when he first debuted the new band in 2001. He had drive and fire in his artistic abilities.  He was pushing boundaries with GnR’s sound.  It was exciting.  Now the only thing to get excited about are temporary tattoos and covers of Black Hole Sun. 

I bougjt a 1987 promo LP with the robot cover of Appetite last week.  It sounds amazing.  I’m not buying into this cash cow anymore until there is something to be excited about 

Edited by Evan442
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TupacShakur said:

will the entire new albums show up on spotify tonight?

Will the 4 CDs be on Spotify?

On 5/16/2018 at 8:12 AM, rockphantom said:

I've purchased many CDs/DVDs/Blu-Rays from Deep Discount since 2002 and have been pleased.
Excellent prices and good customer service.

Hey man sorry to bother but do preorders usually come on release day for you?  I preordered and still no email or tracking number on the site so I'm guessing it won't be here by Friday.  :(

I preordered from importcds.

Haha so I guess the record company is offering financing for people who want the Locked N Loaded. You know they know they fucked up with pricing and know it’s too much if they’re doing that😂😂

59 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Hey man sorry to bother but do preorders usually come on release day for you?  I preordered and still no email or tracking number on the site so I'm guessing it won't be here by Friday.  :(

Wooooooo nvm I just got the email!

40 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Haha so I guess the record company is offering financing for people who want the Locked N Loaded. You know they know they fucked up with pricing and know it’s too much if they’re doing that😂😂

Wait. What? Where are they offering that?? 

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wait. What? Where are they offering that?? 

Official site

FB960BAC-C66F-4290-83B3-3DBF39FEE2C0.png

• Haha 4

Well... some people get loans to buy houses, some people get loans to buy cars... and some other people get a pay plan to buy a box full of shit! :awesomeface:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

I received my tracking number 2 hours ago from ImportCDs.com. I expect the AFD Super Deluxe Edition to arrive before July 4th.

Edited by rockphantom

2 hours ago, ramsey said:

Thanks for the advice bud. :lol: You're welcome to discuss anything in my post you disagree with. ;)