Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

8 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

does anyone here have the slightest idea how this stuff works?  The record label is putting this out with the bands blessing.

The fact is Geffen never ended up making any money on Chinese Democracy.  This is them making that money back and giving something cool to the fans.  

You guys act like this is what Axl and Slash talked about at their reunion dinner.

The record label probably went to the guys and said "hey we have all these great demos in the vault, with the tour being so successful we think it is a good time to release them"  Ask Slash and Duff agreed, the label remastered the album out together the sets and A/S/D signed off on it.

I mean Jesus.  Only GnR fans would act like the band is out to get them by releasing a pretty par for the course Deluxe Edition.

Go to a cd store.  Tons of bands have sets like this out today.  Since the label isn't making money on 15 dollar CD sales anymore they have to make it somehow.  Box sets like this sell.

If ANYTHING people should support this because the more money the label makes the more money they will be willing to give Guns to record a new album.

Music is still a business when it comes to record labels. 🙄

You’re deluded, I collect a lot of music stuff and box sets. This is most expensive box set I’ve seen for ONE album! You might pay a few hundred for a box set of EVERY album a band releases but a thousand bones for ONE.... 

If you for a second think the band had no say in the pricing you’re sadly wrong. This is EXACTLY the shit the shit they talked about!  Look at the gnr merch site before and after the reunion. be payin' their hard

“Ripping off the kids while they be paying their hard earned money” 

You are their target market. 

Dont tell the rest of us we have no right to complain. Some take it in the ass and some don’t. You buy it and I’ll steal it from you. Thanks. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

You’re deluded, I collect a lot of music stuff and box sets. This is most expensive box set I’ve seen for ONE album! You might pay a few hundred for a box set of EVERY album a band releases but a thousand bones for ONE.... 

If you for a second think the band had no say in the pricing you’re sadly wrong. This is EXACTLY the shit the shit they talked about!  Look at the gnr merch site before and after the reunion. be payin' their hard

“Ripping off the kids while they be paying their hard earned money” 

You are their target market. 

Dont tell the rest of us we have no right to complain. Some take it in the ass and some don’t. You buy it and I’ll steal it from you. Thanks. 

Except I'm not deluded and i just pay attention to the music scene.

Here is a 7 year old news article talking about how super deluxe box sets are on the rise.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2011/dec/22/rise-super-deluxe-box-set&ved=2ahUKEwi72qvX1_bbAhWe0YMKHSVYCkkQFjABegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3KxAiO-AEaDCq2qNk26Yk0&ampcf=1

Again im talking about the super deluxe edition.  The L&L edition is something totally different.  But still not unheard of.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

This is a new Jumpin Jack Flash. I have the acoustic/electric one. But the 1986 Sound City Session is different from the current one I got. The acoustic is the same.

I know there were 2 electric in circulation and 1 acoustic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GNRfanJen said:

Damn! Hold on. I clicked the unembedded url that was posted and all the tracks came up, but I'm unable to click and play them! Gotta wait till midnight I guess? 

I'm from europe.. it's grey and i can't click... so we must wait