Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

2 minutes ago, BadApples99 said:

I ordered the super deluxe edition at amazon.com and i'm paying 120 euros including shipping,  which is fair imo

Definitely a better deal, but again I'm essentially only interested in the music. And 120 is still pretty damn steep for 4 cd's. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, uruguns said:

Blu ray disc > 4 cd's combined though

I really can't see why. It has an album I already have with just a few bonus tracks and a few video's, 4 of are already have on a DVD that I never watch. The 4 cd's offer 2,5 discs of amazing quality demo material that I love. So really, why is the blu-ray such an appealing item? 

3 minutes ago, username said:

I really can't see why. It has an album I already have with just a few bonus tracks and a few video's, 4 of are already have on a DVD that I never watch. The 4 cd's offer 2,5 discs of amazing quality demo material that I love. So really, why is the blu-ray such an appealing item? 

Blu-ray has 5.1 mixes which offer separation between tracks, now that's something new. 4 discs include demos we all heard before.

Edited by uruguns

1 minute ago, cqleonardo said:

the only thing that bothers me is that we dont have these demos of ISE, SCOM and Brownstone... would be nice to have this like an alternative AFD... I'm gonna listen to it like this but putting the other tracks in it (Reckless Life, Shadow...)

I'd would have preferred them including One In A Million and possibly Cornshucker. I really don't like that they included 7/8 of Lies. It just feels wrong. I don't like revising history like that. 

Funny thing is - there would have been room to do both of these things. Disc 3 and 4 have playtimes of well under an hour.

• Like 1

Just now, username said:

I'd would have preferred them including One In A Million and possibly Cornshucker. I really don't like that they included 7/8 of Lies. It just feels wrong. I don't like revising history like that. 

Funny thing is - there would have been room to do both of these things. Disc 3 and 4 have playtimes of well under an hour.

I like it... to me the two are very related... what they could've done was to "deluxe" Lies too... put the AFD stuff in a disc, the Lies stuff in another... would be better than tattoos and rings and bandanas

8 minutes ago, username said:

7/8 of Lies?! 

From the top of my head Patience, UTLH and OIAM are missing. 

You're Crazy is an original AFD song. Reckless etc  are LLAS songs.

This makes no Lies songs at all.  

1 minute ago, zigzagbigbag said:

7/8 of Lies?! 

From the top of my head Patience, UTLH and OIAM are missing. 

You're Crazy is an original AFD song. Reckless etc  are LLAS songs.

This makes no Lies songs at all.  

Live Like A Suicide was half of Lies. Those 4 are on it, track 1-4 on disc 2. Patience, Used To Love Her and the Lies version of You're Crazy are tracks 7-9 on disc 2. So out of the 8 Lies songs, 7 are included. The only one missing is One In A Million and the only unreleased bootleg from those sessions, Cornshucker, isn't on it either. 

1 minute ago, username said:

Live Like A Suicide was half of Lies. Those 4 are on it, track 1-4 on disc 2. Patience, Used To Love Her and the Lies version of You're Crazy are tracks 7-9 on disc 2. So out of the 8 Lies songs, 7 are included. The only one missing is One In A Million and the only unreleased bootleg from those sessions, Cornshucker, isn't on it either. 

Since the LLAS tracks are pre-AFD it makes sense that they are included. 

I wasnt sure about Patience and Used to love being included. 

Anyway, I always liked the OIAM demo way better than the album version. And Cornshucker is a hidden gem :-)

Just skimming through now, the plague is awesome, and i like how the made the live like a suicide tracks all blend together with shadow (this will always be my favorite version of the song)

So is there anything actually edited about Mama Kin? I cant hear any difference beside the crowd noise. Also I gotta leave for work so I cant listen to all of sound city, the versions of Nice Boys & Heartbreak Hotel different then the ones released on those compilation albums a few years ago?

Overall it seems like a great boxset, I do wish one in a million would have been included, and I've seen a lot of people complaining about no Alts. for ISE, Brownstone & SCOM being included. Seems to me they could have included the Censored Version of ISE, The Alt. Mix of Brownstone & The video edit of SCOM on the B-Sides disk, would have made a lot of sense.