Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

1 hour ago, lukigol said:

is it on tidal also???

Yes, and with "Master" quality (ie hi-res) too. Sounds great.

If anyone wants to try Tidal for free, download an app called "Captune" by Sennheiser. Then sign up to Tidal through the app. 3 monhts free.... and if you want to create a new account after that, it works too ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, TupacShakur said:

is jumpin jack flash electric version a different take from  the orginal old demo? it doesnt sound the same 

There were two electric versions in circulation. I think this is the lesser known of the two.

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Mrk said:

If anyone wants to try Tidal for free, download an app called "Captune" by Sennheiser. Then sign up to Tidal through the app. 3 monhts free.... and if you want to create a new account after that, it works too ;) 

Thanks brudda 

1 hour ago, quikspade said:

There were two electric versions in circulation. I think this is the lesser known of the two.

I'm really glad they used this one. I've always thought it was by far the better version. Same goes for Heartbreak Hotel. They used (imo) the right take of that too.

Anything Goes is a curious beast. You can tell from the various re-writes that they were never happy with it but persisted with it regardless to include it on the album at the expense of superior tracks.

31 years later and it remains the weak link on an almost perfect album.

Edited by Stress Fracture
  • GNFNR 2

I really wish they'd play Mama Kin live again, it's a better and more fitting song than every other cover they do. But no idea if Axl is still pissed at Steven Tyler.

The clear-studio recording of Mama Kin is also my favorite from this set. But also the normal Jumping Jack Flash, Paradise City ('86) and the live version of It's So Easy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mrk said:

OH, no shit? 

I may have to run it through my hi-fi system later today. That's GREAT news!

I’ve been looking for this thread everywhere haha I thought nobody was discussing it. 

The remastered version is great! They added energy to an album that already had plenty. Listening to Jungle turned way up brings me back to the first time I heard it. Looking forward to going through all the extras throughout the week

6 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I’ve been looking for this thread everywhere haha I thought nobody was discussing it. 

The remastered version is great! They added energy to an album that already had plenty. Listening to Jungle turned way up brings me back to the first time I heard it. Looking forward to going through all the extras throughout the week

Just brought it up on Tidal Master Quality Audio. Even through my laptop Jungle does sound amazing.

U can buy the Deluxe one, approved by me, who thought it was a cashgrab, still is, but worth every penny. 

Quality of the records and all the content is amazing, there shoulda been more merch, especially a tshirt :(, but I definitely wet my pants 4-5 times :D

Cant even imagine how I respond to a new album. 

Today, is a good day to be a GUNNER.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I just saw they have a vinyl to purchase separate too...I thought you had to order a super $100 plus version to get it. 

No, the SDE doesn't come with the LPs as far as I know. The $180 is the 4 CDs and a blu-ray, then the 2 LPs can be bought on their own. 

I had ZERO interest in owning the LPs until I heard this Tidal MQA streaming this morning. I'm probably going to break down and grab the 2 LP version later today.