Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

my deluxe version is coming later, question for people who have the album now, i see they included all of gnr lies on this set minus one in a million. Are there any noticeable differences between the original lies songs and the ones on this box set? 

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

No, the SDE doesn't come with the LPs as far as I know. The $180 is the 4 CDs and a blu-ray, then the 2 LPs can be bought on their own. 

I had ZERO interest in owning the LPs until I heard this Tidal MQA streaming this morning. I'm probably going to break down and grab the 2 LP version later today.

I just want the hologram spinning GNR logo vinyl haha 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

No, the SDE doesn't come with the LPs as far as I know. The $180 is the 4 CDs and a blu-ray, then the 2 LPs can be bought on their own. 

I had ZERO interest in owning the LPs until I heard this Tidal MQA streaming this morning. I'm probably going to break down and grab the 2 LP version later today.

Hahaha, I knew you'd crack in the end Russ!! I'm trying to stay strong. I've heard most of it on Spotify and keep telling myself I don't need to drop two days wages to own a physical copy just because of the fancy packaging, but Goddamn it, I'm weak.

3 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Hahaha, I knew you'd crack in the end Russ!! I'm trying to stay strong. I've heard most of it on Spotify and keep telling myself I don't need to drop two days wages to own a physical copy just because of the fancy packaging, but Goddamn it, I'm weak.

*IF* I buy anything, it'll just be the 2LP version which I think is $30ish.

35 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I just want the hologram spinning GNR logo vinyl haha 

I have 2 albums with holograms on them. Jack White Lazaretto, which I think is the first ever LP to have it and the Rush 2112 reissue from a few years back. What's funny is that those 2 have it on the dead wax of a playable side. So you can actually see it while it's playing. The AFD one is on all of Side 4 with no music, so it's kinda useless lol.

Only on the first disc so far, but it sounds damn good.  The album sounds less like a wall of sound slamming into you, where you can easily pick out each individual instrument from the mix because of how clear it is.

2 hours ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

U can buy the Deluxe one, approved by me, who thought it was a cashgrab, still is, but worth every penny. 

Quality of the records and all the content is amazing, there shoulda been more merch, especially a tshirt :(, but I definitely wet my pants 4-5 times :D

Cant even imagine how I respond to a new album. 

Today, is a good day to be a GUNNER.

Enjoy!!👍:headbang:

• Thanks 1

53637330?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=webp

I just got back from buying this one at Target...onsale for $15.99 with an iron-on patch, two CD's and a booklet.

The woman working the checkout lane didn't know anything about it at all and I got her all fired up...and now she's buying one too.

You're welcome, @Fernando

Edited by KURT19
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

Anything Goes is a curious beast. You can tell from the various re-writes that they were never happy with it but persisted with it regardless to include it on the album at the expense of superior tracks.

31 years later and it remains the weak link on an almost perfect album.

I think Anything Goes is a good song and Appetite IS perfect.. Anything Goes might not be up to the caliber as the rest of the album but look at the song sit is competing with.. The version on the box set is surprisingly one of the highlights for me

5 hours ago, It’s So Easy said:

The live at the Marquee tracks is what I’m enjoying the most so far. 

Those are cool, especially the KOHD but I have heard them a zillion times.. So far I think I am most blown away with both acoustic versions of Move To The City.. They blow away the LIES version.

• Like 1

I think they did a good job with this so far.. The only real issue I see is having so many versions of some songs.  They really could have just left out most of the LIES versions to avoid having 3 or 4 versions of some songs.  Were they re-mastered too?

• Like 2