Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

Downloaded the super deluxe from Itunes, been listening to just the appetite portion so far. Definately liking the differentiation on the songs, Sweet child, ISE, TAY, and RQ definitely sound amazing. My Michelle and Nightrain I quite enjoyed as well. Will give each more listens as well

Maaaaaan.  This box set is a beauty.  Wish i had the money for the L&L set but so happy with this one.  They really put a lot of love into it.  Doesn't feel like a cash grab at all to me... One of the biggest albums of all time deserves something this nice. 

I can't wait to get home from work tomorrow to spend more time with it lol 

• Like 1

Ok, so I will run the risk of exposing my lack of technological expertise here, but I do have a question.  I got the SDE and when I put CD2, 3 or 4 in a computer or car CD player, it does not bring up the song titles - it just has 'Track 1', etc.  Do I need to do something?  I wanted to create my own digital copies of these eventually without having to re-buy, but am a little lost as to why it does this. Thoughts?

23 minutes ago, TheHelgo said:

Ok, so I will run the risk of exposing my lack of technological expertise here, but I do have a question.  I got the SDE and when I put CD2, 3 or 4 in a computer or car CD player, it does not bring up the song titles - it just has 'Track 1', etc.  Do I need to do something?  I wanted to create my own digital copies of these eventually without having to re-buy, but am a little lost as to why it does this. Thoughts?

You'll have to tag the tracks, so the player knows what track is what. This program does that: https://www.mp3tag.de/en/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheHelgo said:

Depends on what operating system you use and what player you use on your computer to listen.

If you're on Windows, Mediamonkey will automatically retrieve tags from an online database when you insert the CD.  It will also rip the CD for you in whatever quality you want

• Thanks 1

I bought the album off of itunes (can't spend too much $$)...so happy with my purchase! Managed to listen to it twice now...

I wasn't aware just how early on Axl and Co wrote NR--I remember Axl talking about it in "Making of the F'n videos" but had no idea it was writen so long ago. Overall I can see how well Axl has come along with his vocal/vocal range (UYI and SI).

Listening to the two disc. Just arrived.

This remaster is long overdue. I am surprised Chinese Democracy came first. 

It sounds so much better. I envy the kids who listen to this album for the first time on this disc. I feel like I've been robbed. Listening to great songs on such shit quality. Wish I listened to it on vinyl first. Or even cassette. Oh I did listen to it on cassette first. 

That's all. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 31illusions said:

Interesting. I'm sure it'll end up on discount sites eventually. I just need to hold out til then! 

3 hours ago, Towelie said:

Maybe I have unsophisticated ears, but am I the only one who doesn't hear much of a difference in the remastering? I swear it's all a big con. My only interest in this release lies in the bonus content.

That's a big difference to my ears. Some of it for the better, some of it for worse. My biggest takeaway so far has been there seems to be no uniformity. Each track almost sounds like someone different did the remaster. I know that's not the case, but it almost sounds like that to me.

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's a big difference to my ears. Some of it for the better, some of it for worse. My biggest takeaway so far has been there seems to be no uniformity. Each track almost sounds like someone different did the remaster. I know that's not the case, but it almost sounds like that to me.

Well, perhaps it’s because I rarely listen to the album versions of those songs. If ever I get a hankering to listen to Appetite, it’s almost always a live version of the songs. 

I actually forgot that Anything Goes was a half decent track. I probably hadn’t heard it for years, with it being the only AFD track that doesn’t have multiple live recordings.

• Like 1